Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Rear carb wont take fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Squid

Helihawk33 is on a distinguished road
Rear carb wont take fuel

My rear carb seems to be clogged, If i run the bike with just fuel in the lines it only runs the front carb fuel line dry. Do the sliders have anything to do with the carbs taking fuel? because when I pulled that black cap off the spring was all not where it was supposed to be. Also the bike sounds like its running off both cylinders, theirs just a serious lack of power. Its not the petcock or the vacuum line unless there's one somewhere I don't know about. I really dont want to pull these carbs off, I am many things but a carb guy I am not. Help me please I wanna ride lol
Old 07-02-2015, 01:52 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
First of all I dont know exactly what you mean by the spring is not where its supposed to be... theres nowhere for it to go other than its home lol

Second, chech the vacuum lines mounted on the carbs themselves, they are tucked in tight against the carbs.

These carbs are very simple to work on, theres not much too 'em, I would remove the float bowl covers, make sure the float pins arent stuck and pulle all the jets so you can inspect them and clean them if need be... at that point you might as well disassemble them and thoroughly clean them but thats probably not necessary, my self diagnosed OCD wouldnt allow me to go half way lol...

But like I said, these carbs are extremely simple, the hardest part about working on these is getting that cover back on that you removed with the spring not popping out and fully seating the diaphram seal
Old 07-02-2015, 02:09 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottiemann
First of all I dont know exactly what you mean by the spring is not where its supposed to be... theres nowhere for it to go other than its home lol

Second, chech the vacuum lines mounted on the carbs themselves, they are tucked in tight against the carbs.

These carbs are very simple to work on, theres not much too 'em, I would remove the float bowl covers, make sure the float pins arent stuck and pulle all the jets so you can inspect them and clean them if need be... at that point you might as well disassemble them and thoroughly clean them but thats probably not necessary, my self diagnosed OCD wouldnt allow me to go half way lol...

But like I said, these carbs are extremely simple, the hardest part about working on these is getting that cover back on that you removed with the spring not popping out and fully seating the diaphram seal
+1 also make sure to mark which lines go where. I got a carb diagram online that made the build a lot easier.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
If you removed the top and the slide spring came out you are going to have to pull the carbs to get it all put back together correctly.

It is a bit of a trick to get the diaphragm to seat correctly and the spring installed.

On the bike it would be a tough job.

To check push up on the slide and let go.

Does it just drop closed? If so it is assembled incorrectly.

If the closes in a controlled manner and you hear air moving, then it is correct.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
What city are you located near? Someone on the forum comfortable with carb work might be able to assist you.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Superstock

Hangfly is on a distinguished road
Are you sure you are not a victim of ?? what's the acronym again?
When the vacuum line is not on the correct tube to the diaphram.
What conditions, or changes led up the bad running condition?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:41 PM
SuperBike

PVLIR? I dont think so, from the sounds of it the carbs are getting fuel to them but something is stopping the rear to dispense fuel into the cylinder... to me sounds like a clogged jet, but Im not there Im just going on his first post
Old 07-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Squid

Yea the slide works as advertised now. The carb still not sucking lol.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:26 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Then go to the second post on this thread and read the part about tearing into the carbs. If you are getting fuel to the carb but nothing below it then the carb is blocked. More then likely the carb is just partially blocked maybe in the float, jet or needle valve.

If it wasn't receiving any gas to the rear the bike would not run.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:29 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Did you let the bike sit for a long period of time or possibly use old gas out of a gas can? Need some more info as to how this issue started.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Squid

The bike runs, fires right up, I bought it somewhat torn down, the tank was off. So I have done all the things a normal good mechanic would do. flush tank, plugs fluids a good cleaning all that happy horse ****. But yes the bike runs, you can ride it, it just has about the power of a 250 ninja
Old 07-02-2015, 07:44 PM
SuperBike

tear those sons a bitches apart!!!

do it now!!! ::voice or arnold schwarzenegger::
Old 07-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Start it with a vacuum gauge on the rear cylinder to see if the valve train is all in order. No vacuum.. no fuel consumption.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:00 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

No fuel consumption mean no fire. The bike fires according to the OP . He's getting fuel to the rear just not enough for a smooth run. No fuel the second piston wouldn't fire to push the front back up to sustain a running condition no matter how cappy thst condition is.

OP tells me something is restricted. We need more info.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:09 PM
SuperBike

need OP's bike in my garage ASAP.... will get that **** sorted out right quick