Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Re jet for header wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Back Marker

Bluesuperhawk83 is on a distinguished road
Re jet for header wrap?

My sharkskinz lower will be out of the paint shop some time next week. When i got it from a member here last year the yellow paint that was on it had bubbled up on it in several places from the heat. I dont want my nice new pretty blue paint to bubble so i got some header wrap at autozone to keep the heat down in the fairing. The OCD side of me says i have to wrap all of the pipe or i wont be able to sleep at night. The header wrap instructions say i might have to step down my pilot and secondary jets one or two sizes Anyone ever heard of that? I cant imagine it changing the air fuel ratio enough to re jet.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I agree- I highly doubt you'll see enough difference to need to re-jet...

I'm even a little suspicious the header wrap has that in their instructions just so it looks like it's adding tons of performance. Maybe I'm stretching it a bit, but companies have done worse!

Wrapping all the pipe will keep the shock a little cooler from the rear header too
Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I agree with 7. They are hyping the effect. No rejetting needed. Maybe they are talking about on V8 headers, you wont notice a thing on the VTR, I didnt.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Squid

johndoeafro is on a distinguished road
I can also attest to that. I wrapped every inch from the ports to the cans with no issues. The most noticeable difference is that the high-mount pipes aren't so hot on my heels. No re-jetting necessary.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Back Marker

Stixx is on a distinguished road
I wrapped mine all the way, tip to tail. Added the stick on heat wrap stuff with the silver reflective top onto the inside of the sharkskins lower and still got just a bit of yellowing of the paint due to heat. But no bubbles. Could be more noticable with white paint. And you have to be looking for it to see it.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Back Marker

Bluesuperhawk83 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stixx
I wrapped mine all the way, tip to tail. Added the stick on heat wrap stuff with the silver reflective top onto the inside of the sharkskins lower and still got just a bit of yellowing of the paint due to heat. But no bubbles. Could be more noticable with white paint. And you have to be looking for it to see it.
Yeah im hoping with the darker blue discoloration wont show as bad. I initialy was going to paint the lower faring silver to match the honda emblems on the tank and then maybe later paint the tail section silver. I always liked silver and blue as a combination.