Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Odd braking problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Superstock

bass4dude is on a distinguished road
Odd braking problem

Swapped my 900rr calipers on sat. with brand new EBC HH pads.

Noticed minimal amount of dragging and was just scuffing up select parts of rotor, so I thought it was just wearing out the old grooves from previous brake pads.

It didn't go away after 40m and the rotors were hot and bike was not difficult to push, but there was slight resistance.

Adjusted brake lever (shaved off a little material) as it was depressing main brake plunger and it helped a little bit.

Today while riding back home on city streets, I applied the brakes at apprx. 15mph and came to a smooth stop. I then started to pulsate brakes for cars behind me (I could see the B*&^% texting in the rearview) and she stops. I noticed that there was an odd clicking coming from between the triple tree and a slight tick in the controls and then there was no more dragging.

The front lines are split from the M/C and they're BF Goodrich and I'm using stock M/C

Has anyone experienced this?