Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Newbie to the S.H. CCT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Never Go Full Retard!
Squid

smittyvtf1 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Newbie to the S.H. CCT?

I have read a few of these threads about the CCT Bieng replaced with new one's, I just bought my SH monday so i was just wondering If there was an issue with the stock CCT? My bike is at about 25,000 miles and around 30 they needed to be changed? Any info on this subject would be much appreciated! Where to find the best CCT for the best price? Also is there any other issues i should be aware of, don't want to ruin a flawless bike!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
It's a safe $85 investment in the longevity of the bike to swap the honda CCTs for some manual ones. Especially when ordering them from Truckinduc gets him that much closer to a new knee.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:57 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
It is rumored that the newer models have an updated CCT that may hold up better but at 10k on my 2002 it was getting a little noisier so I put in a set from Truckinduc. If nothing else its peace of mind and a lot cheaper than replacing bent valves and other damaged parts if one does let go.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Squid

opsmgr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smittyvtf1
I have read a few of these threads about the CCT Bieng replaced with new one's, I just bought my SH monday so i was just wondering If there was an issue with the stock CCT? My bike is at about 25,000 miles
Look at the threads about replacement, making sure the engine is in the right place before you remove the CCT and inspect it.

I have re-used an automatic tensioner out of my road bike because it was nice and smooth, and had plenty of oil in it. I oiled it, turned it up and down a few times on the spring, re-oiled it and put it back in.

If it breaks when it's out, it needed replacing anyway ;-)

I'd always replace the front CCT with a manual one in any case, as it does get dry.

I have auto tensioners still on the rear cylinder.

Cheers,

Paul.