Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

New 2 forum, multiple problems!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Squid

iamupononewheel is on a distinguished road
New 2 forum, multiple problems!

I Want To Thank Everyone On Here, As I Have Been Lurking For A Long Time! Here's My Problem. Rectifier Went Out A Month Ago. It Fried The Cdi, Headlight, Tail Lights, Blinkers, And Converter! I've Replaced Everything, And I Have No Tachometer, No Speedometer, And Trip Odometer Is Lit, But Not Accumulating Miles. I Have Repair Manual, And I'm Handy With A Wrench And Electrical. Going Through Test Procedures, ItSeems My Cdi Isn't Working? New, But Only Throwing .74 Volts On Tachometer Wire. The Speed Censor Throws 4.74 Volts At All Times, Even While Moving Or Not. Did I Get A Faulty Cdi, And Need To Replace Speed censor, Or Any Ideas? Maybe Fried The dash And That's Causing Faulty Readings? I'm stumped!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:16 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Wow, I've never heard of a regulator/rectifier taking out everything like that.

Your speed sensor puts out a pulse so you won't be able to check it with a voltmeter reading. Hopefully you can track down all of your problems, that sounds like a nightmare to me.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Squid

I Did Notice The Manual Stated That, I Was Hoping I Would Detect Some Fluctuation With A regular Meter.iI Think I'll Purchase A speed Censor. Yeah, It Was Not Fun! I Even Fried The Turn Signal relay! Took It For A 200 mile Ride Yesterday With No Problems! Fan Works, Lights, Blinkers..... Just Can't Tell My Speed, And Wheelies Suck Without A Tachometer To judge To Set Down!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Back Marker

msethhunter is on a distinguished road
Holly Capitalizing Every Word BatMan. I Couldn't Even Read It!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by msethhunter
Holly Capitalizing Every Word BatMan. I Couldn't Even Read It!
sorry, For Some Reason My Droid RAZR M Isn't Playing Nice On Inputting Text On This Forum For A unknown Reason. I Have To Select Space Bar After Every Word, And It's Auto Caps. Hmm. On Another Note, You May Want To Enroll Into G.E.D Coarse Soon If Your Not Literate Enough To Understand English If The Words Start With "Big Letters". Thanks For Your Knowledgeable Input!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by iamupononewheel
sorry, For Some Reason My Droid RAZR M Isn't Playing Nice On Inputting Text On This Forum For A unknown Reason. I Have To Select Space Bar After Every Word, And It's Auto Caps. Hmm. On Another Note, You May Want To Enroll Into G.E.D Coarse Soon If Your Not Literate Enough To Understand English If The Words Start With "Big Letters". Thanks For Your Knowledgeable Input!
Well... I have a couple of degree's more than I need... And it still gives me a headache to read...

OK, so the phone is stupid... Doesn't mean you have to be... Help us out, throw in a few spaces and blank lines and the text get's broken up and easier to process for the brain...

I'd say the speed sensor is most likely the culprit here... It relates to all the other issues to well not to be suspect... (I'm not adding anything new, just confirming)