Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Need carb help in the Seattle-Tacoma area

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
Need carb help in the Seattle-Tacoma area

Does anyone have a good contact in the Seattle-Tacoma area that can do carbs on the SH? It has the TBR pipes and an FP jet kit, and is otherwise stock.

We have a 1998 SH that was running rich and belching black smoke at full throttle. A local friend and mechanic said he could tune it but after he had it for 2 weeks and went through the carbs several times, it actually ran worse.

I was looking for a good baseline starting point so we ordered a Factory Pro jet kit, thinking that installing it would get us close to running right- close enough to tune it from there. 90% of the jet kit parts matched what was already in the bike from the previous owner, so that didn't help at all, or change anything.

With warmer weather just around the corner, this bike is getting very frustrating, and I'm hoping someone local has more experience with it than we do and can pick up our slack.