Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

mototune usa tips...true? Anyone tried them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Squid

itsjason13 is on a distinguished road
mototune usa tips...true? Anyone tried them?

I've heard of this before, BUT

I just came across a link on how to break in your bike the "run it hard" way...and it does make sense...or at least sounds convincing...especially using reg. oil, and creating gas pressure (under hard accleeration) to seat the rings better... has comparision photos of pistons and all.

There's also a list of other tips / tricks for 4-stroke engines that the guy offers on his site.

Has anyone validated this info.??? Followed the alternative break-in method??? How did it turn out???

....OR, is the site somewhat of a ploy to get your email address added to his mailing list of sponsors?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Ask 10 riders, you'll get 12 answers.
Mine is.. Yes, it works, he is not the first to understand that.. just the first to put up a web page. I was shown this method of break in a long time ago by a fellow road racer, He also owned a speed and Marine shop. . I've seen the results myself, on a dyno, and after engine teardown. Many of my own motors, lots of others I’ve built and worked on... Seen the same great results form other techs and wrenches.

So that’s my take, now comes the 9 other people with 11 other answers.. Good luck deciding how to believe. Just keep in mind, no one is suggesting what some call the “ride it like you stole it” deal.. that is just plain abuse.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:56 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
eric @ EDR performance ( just across the river from me ) is the regional bike builder tuner... also has the best dyno room. he has talked alot about this subject and states clearly how important break-in is. it happens very quickly - so even a short ride from the dealer can ruin your chances at peak power.

from eric "as for why should you? up to you. honestly i think the motors do run better, make better hp, less smoke/oil consumsion, and even better mpg (better ring seal) not just for guys wanting big hp "

http://www.edrperformance.com

tim
Old 06-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Squid

itsjason13 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys...it's good to get some real-world feedback on this issue. Sorry for awakening a monster (possibly)...maybe next I'll begin a WD-40 thread...