Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Michelin Hi-Sports ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Michelin Hi-Sports ?

Has anyone had any experience with the Michelin Hi-Sport TX25 ? I have 2spare rear tires ..One Michelin Power Race(soft compound) & one Michelin Hi-Sport TX25 that I have been holding on to as back ups for when money is tight ( like now! ) I need to get one of them put on tommorow , I just cant decide which one. I know the power race probably wont last that long . I cant seem to find anything about the HI- Sport ( I guess its been out of production a while) Both are brand new tires that have been bagged up tight in my attic a while. I am kinda leaning towards the power race . I am just worried that after a couple of heat cycles it might lose its grip. I dont do a lot of Highway riding , just mainly some fairly aggressive twisties up in the mountains but no track (yet) The Hi sport looks a lot like the Metzler M-1 that am running now that I am pretty happy with . I am just not sure how well it will stick .
Old 04-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Squid

igeorgei
This is what I know

I would run the Michelin Hi-Sport TX25 first, wear it out then run the Michelin Power Race next year.

I base this on age. The TX25 is the older tire. The Power Race is the tire Michelin put out to replace the TX25....I believe.

There are several opinions about tires. I am a believer that the older a tire gets, it starts to lose its feel cause the rubber breaks down(so I have heard). When I run at the track, I only install tires that are no more than 2 years old.

Both tires you mention will feel nice at diff lean angles and they both perform well in different conditions like wet, hot, cold.

I personally like Dunlops because they tip in quick and feel good on edge. The Michelins tend to feel sluggish as you throw the bike over but they do feel stable and confident at diff angles.

The last time I commented about tires, I got just completely flamed in another forum so PLEASE don't forget that this is just my opinion, given the setups and bikes I have ridden.

Good luck

George