Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Miami please help

Old 12-14-2017, 05:12 AM
  #1  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 80
Mvanriel60 is on a distinguished road
Miami please help

Is in anyone in miami area willing to come help sort out an electrical issue with my superhawk. I'm not good at electric. I will pay for your time. Cash beer whatever you like. My hawk staying at 14.4 throughout all rpm. But when accelerating it drops a tad bit to around 12 sometimes a lottle less.. Only for a dpliy second then back up to 14. Please don't tell me rectifier. Im on the third one already. Please help i love my bike but its starting to **** me off replacing same thing over and over
Mvanriel60 is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 05:13 AM
  #2  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 80
Mvanriel60 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mvanriel60 View Post
Is in anyone in miami area willing to come help sort out an electrical issue with my superhawk. I'm not good at electric. I will pay for your time. Cash beer whatever you like. My hawk staying at 14.4 throughout all rpm. But when accelerating it drops a tad bit to around 12 sometimes a lottle less.. Only for a dpliy second then back up to 14. Please don't tell me rectifier. Im on the third one already. Please help i love my bike but its starting to **** me off replacing same thing over and over
also theres a brand new stator and brand new battery and brand new rectifier. Please help
Mvanriel60 is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 06:32 AM
  #3  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
E.Marquez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kempner, TX
Posts: 4,173
E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Humm, did not know you replaced the stator.. I missed that
OEM or aftermarket?
New or used?
E.Marquez is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 07:51 AM
  #4  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 80
Mvanriel60 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post
Humm, did not know you replaced the stator.. I missed that
OEM or aftermarket?
New or used?
Aftermarket new. Hey just a question i know your voltage shouldn't drop but if I'm experiencing literally a split second drop to 12 And right back up to 14 before you can blink is there really a problem... I experience no running issues whatsoever after moving ground
Mvanriel60 is offline  
Old 12-14-2017, 08:30 AM
  #5  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 80
Mvanriel60 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mvanriel60 View Post
Aftermarket new. Hey just a question i know your voltage shouldn't drop but if I'm experiencing literally a split second drop to 12 And right back up to 14 before you can blink is there really a problem... I experience no running issues whatsoever after moving ground
im thinking I'm staring and looking into the volts way to hard right now and over analyzing everything. All my components work. Every dash blinker taillight battery reads 12.8 every morning no tough starts besides being cold. Rect holding 14.4 throughout the day never more.i think I'm reading into it too much
Mvanriel60 is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 09:06 PM
  #6  
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike
 
CruxGNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brookfield, WI
Posts: 2,312
CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
CruxGNZ is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 09:31 PM
  #7  
Moderator
MotoGP
 
Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gettysburg, Pa
Posts: 4,446
Wolverine is on a distinguished road
How accurate is the device that is measuring voltage? And if it's only a dpliy second, is it hindering you or your battery?
Wolverine is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 05:02 AM
  #8  
Member
Squid
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 80
Mvanriel60 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
How accurate is the device that is measuring voltage? And if it's only a dpliy second, is it hindering you or your battery?
the voltmeter is a good one. Just the way i had it strapped to my battery was a little ghetto rigged. And yes it was only a split second it would drop and be right back up to 14 so im just calling it a day and saying that me moving the ground fixed it.. L8ke i saod bike runs perfect i think i was jist staring at the voltmeter way to hard
Mvanriel60 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Old Yeller
Everything Else
7
09-18-2011 08:56 PM
mcadena89
Technical Discussion
16
06-03-2009 12:04 AM
mattvdsande
General Discussion
8
03-16-2009 11:12 AM
FordsnRebels
Modifications - Performance
10
05-03-2007 07:10 AM
Speed_Demon
Classifieds
1
04-03-2007 05:25 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Miami please help


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.