Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Looking for a tire tool..

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Looking for a tire tool..

Ok, I'm getting tired of having to buy new tires everytime the tread is gone on mine.. (who isnt?).. I'm looking for a tire tread tool. That way when the tread is gone, I can just cut new tread! Awsome huh? Dibs! Working on the patent liscensing as we speak.. No more new tires.. just add tread to the ones that are on there.. no more mounting fees.. and hell, if you're like me, then you're always leery about "speed testing" new tires.. usually blown tire is a new tire.. think about it.. you've already tested these tires, and know what they'll do! Just cut new tread, and away you go! No more being on a trip and have to re-tire cause you wore it out.. pull over add a couple grooves.. and OFF you go!.. Get caught in the rain? Add some grooves to wick away the road water..

I'm looking for venture capital partners (need money to finance production).. I'll also take preorders to (cash up front, I'll send you the tool whenever I feel like it)
Old 10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Do you accept Paypal? I would like to send you money.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Your idea sounds very promising and logical. I am a businessman, representing the surviving spouses of former government officials in Nigeria looking for unique business opportunities such as you present, mr. post ***** junior. Unfortunately for our investors, their money is somehow tied up for a limited time. We will gladly transfer large sums of money into your bank account but you will need to pay a small fee, (or “tax” as you know it), to help access the money. We ask you to send money to cover the transaction and transfer costs and attorney's fees: as well as blank letterhead, your bank account numbers, and other information we will need to transfer funds to you. After receiving this fee, we will forward to you the investment. If you prefer, we can provide a cashiers check, for in excess of the investment, which you simply deposit and at that time write us a check to refund our processing fees which amount to thousands less than our initial investment.

please consider these offers carefully, I feel they are the perfect compliment to your business proposition and look forward to mutually lucrative business opportunity.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Cliby, sounds like you have done this before. LOL..
Old 10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
http://www.cycletires.com/faqs.htm

Cleveland, based on these retread FAQs it doesn't look like your idea of shaving in new treads would work without heat/pressure treating...but I'm no rubber engineer either:P
Old 10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great idea! Wish I would have thought of it...
Old 10-26-2007, 01:22 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I should! - I get about 15 offers just like it a week! so it was easy to recite from memory. I just can't get a filter that successfully eliminates them all.

Originally Posted by ghopki1
Cliby, sounds like you have done this before. LOL..
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I'm in, where do I send the money? Now, one question, can you sharpen the tool so that it does not get dull? I mean, I would think there would be money in coming out with a shapener, one that is very specific...sounds good, lets run with this one...
Old 10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
SuperBike

I always use a propane torch and a box cutter...works pretty well.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I think as long as you are running the correct octane, or the right oil you really should have nothing to worry about!!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
What're ya thinkin' guys??????? Just paint'em YELLOW!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Back Marker

fundgh is on a distinguished road
I thought when the tread wears off, they become slicks for the track.

My business plan (sorry to jack your thread), is to buy old tires. Using my patented special tire wearing machine to wear them down to the correct profile, I will then have track ready slicks that I can sell above the cost of new street tires. What a bargain to the consumer, they get slicks for less than what the manufacturer sells them for, and if the used tires are short on supply, I can just buy NEW street tires, wear them down to slicks, and sell them for a premium.

Maybe we can look to merge the business, since you might require the services of my specialized "Profiling" Machine!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by drew_c14
Do you accept Paypal? I would like to send you money.
Hold on to it.. I'm in the middle of a divorce, and dont want a papertrail of money for her to follow. I'll get it from you when we all get together for that ride we keep talking about.. Cash is best.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by cliby
Your idea sounds very promising and logical. I am a businessman, representing the surviving spouses of former government officials in Nigeria looking for unique business opportunities such as you present, mr. post ***** junior. Unfortunately for our investors, their money is somehow tied up for a limited time. We will gladly transfer large sums of money into your bank account but you will need to pay a small fee, (or “tax” as you know it), to help access the money. We ask you to send money to cover the transaction and transfer costs and attorney's fees: as well as blank letterhead, your bank account numbers, and other information we will need to transfer funds to you. After receiving this fee, we will forward to you the investment. If you prefer, we can provide a cashiers check, for in excess of the investment, which you simply deposit and at that time write us a check to refund our processing fees which amount to thousands less than our initial investment.

please consider these offers carefully, I feel they are the perfect compliment to your business proposition and look forward to mutually lucrative business opportunity.

I have a hard time believing that you are truely from another country, as you talk to good. Yer englesh is to purfekt, spelin is inpregnagable. I've talked to foriners befour.. they cant spel four ****.. they bucher the american langwage. I hate talking to 'em.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by FL02SupaHawk996
http://www.cycletires.com/faqs.htm

Cleveland, based on these retread FAQs it doesn't look like your idea of shaving in new treads would work without heat/pressure treating...but I'm no rubber engineer either:P
Dont bother me with all that "scientific" "propaganda"... Common sense tells us this is an excellent idea... you just want me to drop the idea so you can pick it up and run with it..
Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
I'm in, where do I send the money? Now, one question, can you sharpen the tool so that it does not get dull? I mean, I would think there would be money in coming out with a shapener, one that is very specific...sounds good, lets run with this one...
KC, sounds like a partnership in the making... lol.. I never thought of a "sharpener"... Unfortunately, all my venture capital and resources are going to developing the tool.. maybe we can talk about you developing the sharpener.. I will send you the proto-type when I get one fab-ed up...
Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by redman
What're ya thinkin' guys??????? Just paint'em YELLOW!!!
THIS is a smart man... I suggest when you hear him speak, you listen. It most definitely will be worth your time, and you'll be far ahead of the general populous..
Old 10-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

We have no room for another Post ***** thread, so stop now!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

ooooo.. someone's threatened...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 AM
SuperBike

Greg hasn't bitched yet...so it must be ok
Old 10-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Greg who?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
So is this where everyone is hiding out now??