Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Holy Smokes batman! Battery on fire!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Superstock

Speed_Demon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by viperkillertt
cool, charlie said you were dropping in some time this summer. It would be cool to get the 3 spokane superhawks together What is that other cool bike u own?
I've got a 1988 Katana 1100 that I really only use for drag racing. Its a total sleeper.

Name:  100_2153.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  150.7 KB
Old 05-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Squid

khanawalt is on a distinguished road
I got mine installed too.

I got mine installed today too. The ebay seller (R1 R/R for $61 shipped) sent mine Priority Mail on the 9th, got it yesterday the 11th, installed it today, charging at about 13.4-13.5. Very nice. And after that weekend that it failed, headlight was dim and I was riding with a guy who has a 100w high beam, I'm thinking about installing one of those too.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Josh
Superstock

viperkillertt
Originally Posted by Speed_Demon
I've got a 1988 Katana 1100 that I really only use for drag racing. Its a total sleeper.

Sweet dude, but you had a cool unusual bike a year ago. What was it? Nice civic dude TTFN
Old 05-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Josh
Superstock

viperkillertt
Update: Pix of mod. Definately recommended!

Well, i finished it! YAY. Well i got everything Friday night, but i had a date, so i didn't get to play until Saturday morning. I got the whole thing installed, but then i found out that i needed a longer bolt. It is one of the last comments on the mod. I really wish he stated what you needed at the top of the page. But anyways, i rode for 2 days with the R/R just sitting in my seat compartment I think it was a bad idea, but it worked. I was able to get everything together for real today after church.

Here are pix of the install. The positive lead on the R/R was way toasted. All black and ****. So i took that end off, originally i was going to try to just use the original ones, that is why i destroyed my original harness to get the terminals out, but then i decided to go to radio shack to get insulated female spade connectors. Another thing he didn't mention at the top, but obviously was required. I guess there is a reason they say read all the directions before you start. Well anyways, here are the pix, it seems to be working awesome! It fixed my light bulb issue, but i am also having that switch issue, the bulb turns on sometimes now, very weird, i have never had this problem until now. Do I just need a new switch?

It fits quite nicely in the stock location
Old 05-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Josh
Superstock

viperkillertt
Thanks!

Thanks again everyone for all the support. You guys rock!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Josh
Superstock

viperkillertt
Update: DAMN!!!!! This rocks!!!

Wow, i finally got to really use my new R/R I rode home in the dark and wow, what a change!!! My lights were bright as hell the whole time, they never flickered ever!!! I used to always have them flicker and dim well 80 percent of the time. Not anymore, they just are solid now!!! This rocks! I suggest this mod for everyone!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:18 AM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have the part number or exact year for the 4th gen vfr R/R transplant? I want to go to a finned model, and I have a guy who can get me almost 50% on factory replacement parts. I would like to plug and ride rather than wiring up a oddball , so help would be great.
Bill
Old 05-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Superstock

Wow, i finally got to really use my new R/R I rode home in the dark and wow, what a change!!! My lights were bright as hell the whole time, they never flickered ever!!! I used to always have them flicker and dim well 80 percent of the time. Not anymore, they just are solid now!!! This rocks! I suggest this mod for everyone!!!!
Good deal! Glad you got it all squared away.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Superstock

Sweet dude, but you had a cool unusual bike a year ago. What was it? Nice civic dude TTFN
You mean my KZ1300? Thats right I thought I sold it before I met you but now I can remember rolling up to your place on it. I sold it to some guy in canada. I hope he is taking good care of it because its going to be a collectors item.

Name:  100_1347.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  36.1 KB
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Josh
Superstock

viperkillertt
Originally Posted by autoteach
Does anyone have the part number or exact year for the 4th gen vfr R/R transplant? I want to go to a finned model, and I have a guy who can get me almost 50% on factory replacement parts. I would like to plug and ride rather than wiring up a oddball , so help would be great.
Bill
I would strongly suggest the odd ball, because it simply rocks!! And damn, i only spent 33 for the part shipped and then 54 cents for a bolt. It is super cheap! Works great!