Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

ebay fairings

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Squid

geraldlarson34@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
ebay fairings

I can find chinese made fairings for every other bike i know of, and even a bunch ive never heard of, but cant find any for a superhawk. are there any other places i can find some replacement fairings? I currently have a hotbodies one piece on there, but the fitament is terrible. The holes are like three inches off.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Squid

miner1098 is on a distinguished road
There is none, the rc51 ebay'ed plastics will fit with some fairly extensive mods to your bike.
Otherwise, this is your best best linked below. I'll be using sharkskins on mine, and going with integrated signals in the mirrors, and a led integrated taillight.
Others have posted that the sharkskins fit great.

http://www.sharkskinz.com/shopdispla...23&cat=VTR1000
Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Unless you want to pay retail you just have to be patient and keep your eyes peeled on here, ebay, and craigslist. Ronayers.com is much cheaper (though still not cheap) than a local dealer for new stuff. Another route is to find used parts with minimal damage for cheaper and refinish them. And if you think the hotbodies fit poorly I've heard horror stories from a shop near me who installed some china fairings for a customer on his cbr1000. NOTHING fit properly...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
You want those terrible excuses for fairings? Put your money toward a better brand like Shark skinz.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by captainchaos
And if you think the hotbodies fit poorly I've heard horror stories from a shop near me who installed some china fairings for a customer on his cbr1000. NOTHING fit properly...
I'll second that and then some. I've had a few experiences with the Chinese fairings, none of them were good. Their tabs are not part of the fairing, they are glued on... and in the wrong location too. When you try to manipulate it to make tabs line up, they snap off....JUNK. I really hate Chinese products... except for Chinese food... yummy.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by inderocker
I'll second that and then some. I've had a few experiences with the Chinese fairings, none of them were good. Their tabs are not part of the fairing, they are glued on... and in the wrong location too. When you try to manipulate it to make tabs line up, they snap off....JUNK. I really hate Chinese products... except for Chinese food... yummy.
i have some of the chinese fairings on my gsxr, and its true they dont fit perfect, but it was just a matter of opening some hole a little bigger and secruing the mounting points with some epoxy so they dont pop off. i can stomach that, but this sharkskin i got on my hawk has a one inch gap on each side oh the head light, and there are no mounting tabs for the headlight, and the mounting hole on the sides are three inches off. and also it covers up the light on the windscreen. i guess ill have to scrounge up pieces from cl & ebay
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
I think the pyramid looks way better, unless you want to break down and buy a Mario Nava. Check this out. http://web.tiscalinet.it/mario_nava/vtr1000_e.html
Old 12-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Originally Posted by geraldlarson34@yahoo.com
i have some of the chinese fairings on my gsxr, and its true they dont fit perfect, but it was just a matter of opening some hole a little bigger and secruing the mounting points with some epoxy so they dont pop off. i can stomach that, but this sharkskin i got on my hawk has a one inch gap on each side oh the head light, and there are no mounting tabs for the headlight, and the mounting hole on the sides are three inches off. and also it covers up the light on the windscreen. i guess ill have to scrounge up pieces from cl & ebay
You ever crash the chinese fairings? They hold up about as well as an argument about the existence of God.
Did you ever contact Shark skinz about your problems with mounting? I bet they would be willing to accommodate your issue. Also, most see losing the third eye is a benefit. It's simply there for EU purposes, and really provides no light whatsoever.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Does anyone know what lower this is:
Name:  VTRSIDE.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  114.3 KB
Most lowers look terrible on the SH, but this one actually looks good.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Superstock

Billzilla15 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Just_Nick
Does anyone know what lower this is:

Most lowers look terrible on the SH, but this one actually looks good.
thats the mario nava, it's expensive and you have to buy the upper fairings to match, the body line at the bottom is straight. the surperhawks original, not so much

i want the morwaki one its crazy expensive like 800 bucks when all is said and done but it look great
Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Hey Gerald, did the sharkskinz come brand new like that or did you buy them used and maybe poorly modded by the previous owner? I've had full sharkskinz on a gsxr600 and also farted around with a set on my superhawk as well. I never really had any complaints with them, and they always seemed to line up fine. And the joy of fiberglass is even an amateur like me can repair it and modify it properly and get perfect results. For instance it's really not hard to repair cracks or make a pattern of your headlight, transfer it onto a race fairing, cut it out, then glass in some nuts and get a factory quality headlight mounting. It just takes a little patience. But it's understood that it shouldn't be necessary with new parts.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Just_Nick
You ever crash the chinese fairings? They hold up about as well as an argument about the existence of God.
Did you ever contact Shark skinz about your problems with mounting? I bet they would be willing to accommodate your issue. Also, most see losing the third eye is a benefit. It's simply there for EU purposes, and really provides no light whatsoever.
The ones on my gsxr are crashed hand me downs, and not all that bad. And i have a wonderfull argument for the existance of God. Google uffy The Body, check out her ***, and tell me that it wasnt created, that it happened by chance!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Hey Gerald, did the sharkskinz come brand new like that or did you buy them used and maybe poorly modded by the previous owner? I've had full sharkskinz on a gsxr600 and also farted around with a set on my superhawk as well. I never really had any complaints with them, and they always seemed to line up fine. And the joy of fiberglass is even an amateur like me can repair it and modify it properly and get perfect results. For instance it's really not hard to repair cracks or make a pattern of your headlight, transfer it onto a race fairing, cut it out, then glass in some nuts and get a factory quality headlight mounting. It just takes a little patience. But it's understood that it shouldn't be necessary with new parts.
The sharkskin piece was actually on the bike when i picked it up. I figured id get some stockers from cl, or ebay, but it turns out that a hawk is about the rarest bike out there.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by geraldlarson34@yahoo.com
And i have a wonderfull argument for the existance of God. Google uffy The Body, check out her ***, and tell me that it wasnt created, that it happened by chance!

That looks like a manufacturing defect from the Pillsbury dough factory.... I have been looknig at it for 2 hours, and i dont think ive seen the whole thing yet... no offense... that is just one GINORMOUS booty!