General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Ebay fairings

Old 03-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Squid

jbrobinson08 is on a distinguished road
Ebay fairings

i happend to find these on ebay. I havent searched through all of the pages on ppl looking for fairngs but just thought id post and see what everyone thought of them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VTR10...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
being that they are supposedly all new, $475 isn't bad for a full set. Only prob is that they say "firestorm" on them
Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Works out in UK at £300* inc delivery

Not bad when a new Honda fairing panel here costs on its own £200!

*Though it could cost more on the if customs slap on 20% VAT
Old 03-14-2011, 02:56 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
You can always use duct tape to fill in where they don't line up or fit.
I've heard it's a lot of work to make the chinese fairings fit.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:51 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mattaua
being that they are supposedly all new, $475 isn't bad for a full set. Only prob is that they say "firestorm" on them
Only in the U.S. of A.

I found it odd that in Canada it's a Firestorm, but my CBR929 isn't referred to as a Fireblade as it is in the UK.

I like it. Price seems pretty good.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:00 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JPP
You can always use duct tape to fill in where they don't line up or fit.
I've heard it's a lot of work to make the chinese fairings fit.
+1 I'd like to hear from someone who's tried installing them. An owner of a local shop, who also does some pretty nice custom work, had a customer want a set for his cbr1k. He said it would have just been easier to do the bodywork and custom paint and graphics on a crashed set of originals than get those to fit.

Last edited by captainchaos; 03-14-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Squid

jbrobinson08 is on a distinguished road
well I have shrakskinz on my bike I mainly just posted this because ive read alot of stuff on here where ppl said they couldnt find anything like this for them and just wanted to show them
Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Squid

ruajohnson is on a distinguished road
Bump

Has anyone tried these out yet? I have really considered it. Someone recently bought a set off of ebay. I am going to contact the seller to see if I can contact the buy for a quality check on it. I hate the fact that ebay has made everything confidential! haha
here is the link I was looking at.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fairi...item1c1aee8724

Last edited by ruajohnson; 07-16-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:41 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
they have been discussed recently. I asked a similar question. Basically, they are a harder and thinner plastic and break more easily. As abusive as I am with my bike, I decided to just stay away from them.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Squid

ruajohnson is on a distinguished road
news on ebay fairings that i linked

Hey so I messaged someone that recently purchased these fairings and this was his reply.

They needed a little bit of modification, the holes for the fairing bolts needed drilled out a little. the holes that hold the head light bolts needed drilled and tapped. The red doesn't match my bike perfectly but its not too bad. other than that I was very pleased. very nice plastics. the shipping takes the full amount of time that is listed. One week to ship and two weeks for travel. I am very happy with the purchase. good luck.
Jake

Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Back Marker

altosuperhawk is on a distinguished road
About three months ago the folks at "Performance Bike" magazine bought some of these Chinese fairings. All in all they came away impressed- especially when the cost was considered vs. new OE. The following month they bought some Chinese rearsets, levers, and exhausts. Not so impressed with the quality of those items.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Squid

Christ is on a distinguished road
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say I picked up a set last summer, and it's very brittle. I've just been on the highway and it's cracked in various places and has almost completely destroyed itself. I'm going to try out Sharkskinz next. Hopefully their quality is better. My advice is to pay the premium and buy it once.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:18 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
theres some gents in the UK that have had success with them. i think its hit or miss with chinese things. but they arnt all the same fairings. specifically a guy that has one of the repsol fairing sets is very pleased. has lasted him a while IIRC. ive considered buying a set but for a little more cash i can get the front faring and rear cowl from sharkskins which you know is quality.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:52 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christ
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say I picked up a set last summer, and it's very brittle. I've just been on the highway and it's cracked in various places and has almost completely destroyed itself. I'm going to try out Sharkskinz next. Hopefully their quality is better. My advice is to pay the premium and buy it once.
Sure you'll be satisfied. They're made out of fiberglass, not recycled plastic bottles. But you get what you pay for and once you figure the time and expense to get them finished it'll probably cost a bit more. Fiberglass is also nice because it's easy to repair and also modify. It goes back to what my grandfather used to say-in the end the most expensive tool you buy ends up being the cheapest one you own. Just don't forget if you get the lower to use something like the heat shielding thermotec makes so you don't burn a hole in your new fairing and paint job.

Last edited by captainchaos; 05-03-2014 at 04:54 AM.