Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

dumb question of the day.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 12:21 PM
Squid

YellowBird is on a distinguished road
dumb question of the day.

I am embarrassed to have to ask this but, I removed my carbs to track down a fuel leak. I replaced the fuel lines and decided while I was at it, I'd replace the carb boots as well. I remembered how hard it was to get the carbs back on last time I had them off so I thought it may help this time. I had taken off the old boots (shouldn't have) , so when i got the new ones, I went by the markings on them to put them back on. One has "Carb Up (with an arrow),MBB FR" on it. The other has "UP (arrow) RR" on it. I assumed the one marked FR would be the front boot, the cylinder towards the front of the bike. The one marked RR would be the rear. Ilke I said, these carbs are nothing but a pain to get back on but when I tried to replace the carbs tis time, they seem to be way the heck off.
Did I mix the boots up.
If anyone have their carbs off and wouldn't mind looking at the markings on one of the rubber carb boots and let me know what is on it, I would be much appreciative.

Last edited by YellowBird; 05-24-2021 at 03:59 PM. Reason: More information.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:27 AM
Squid

YellowBird is on a distinguished road
Stuck with the old.

Ends up I had the new boots on correctly. For some reason, they were so stiff or something, the carbs were never going to line up with the new boots. I reinstalled the old ones and the carbs went on with no fuss.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:30 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Sometimes doing I4's I fight and curse to get them to all push in. I like using a little spray polish or similar to lube the rubber a little before trying.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Superstock

YMRacing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Sometimes doing I4's I fight and curse to get them to all push in. I like using a little spray polish or similar to lube the rubber a little before trying.