Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Textile Jackets

Old 05-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Back Marker

spdrcr is on a distinguished road
Textile Jackets

Any advice on textile jackets? I am looking at a TEKNIC Aquavent Jacket. Just wondering.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix 3 and a Power Trip one with 3 layers. The Joe Rocket jacket is great for the hot days, the other one can be adjusted to just about any riding weather. I am happy with both, but have not gone down with either.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Superstock

nineighthawk
I love the textiles for colder weather and the wet. I have a Power Trip jacket with removable liners.
I hear that leather is still the best for abrasion, but anything that meets the pavement will be destroyed anyway.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:31 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
I have a Phoenix jacket as well and like it a lot for warmer weather. It has a windproof/waterproof liner that can be used for wet weather or cool nights.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Back Marker

midijunky is on a distinguished road
I've got a Meteor, it's not bad for riding in heat up to mid-high 80's, any higher than that and I'd probably use one of those JR Sahara vests with it, or a mesh jacket. It's pretty warm in winter with the zip in liner, haven't ridden below freezing though.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Back Marker

Thanks guys. I bought the TEKNIC Aquavent Textile Jacket for 63.99 (on clearance) at cyclegear.com
Old 05-13-2007, 05:23 AM
Squid

scorpius is on a distinguished road
I have a teknic spider its great and stays together well. It has good padding and vents.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spdrcr
Thanks guys. I bought the TEKNIC Aquavent Textile Jacket for 63.99 (on clearance) at cyclegear.com
How do you like it?? I am looking for a new Tex jacket....How is the fit, and sizing? Compare to another brand if you can for size....

I have a joe rocket mesh that is size 54 I think, and I wonder if these size is the same for the Teknic or not..

Anyway, thanks for the info!!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Squid

firestorm'n is on a distinguished road
I have a River Road Tex. I think it actually cools the air. The liner is a joke for anything under 60 deg. Other than that it is a really nice jacket. I love my Alpinestars leather!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Back Marker

I finally received my Teknic jacket yesterday . Poor customer relations at Cycle Gear . My first choice was out of stock and they didn't seem to want to help me until I called them 5 times over a couple of days, the whole process took 2 1/2 weeks. I finally got them to ship a silver & black jacket instead of the black one. The good news is that it fits perfectly . I am 5'9" and 245lbs, kinda built like Homer Simpson (same hair too). I ordered a size 50and I am very happy with it. The sleeves are the right length when streched out to the clip-ons and don't creep up at speed. The jacket breathes very well, it is mesh in the front with a zip-in waterproof liner. Overall a nice jacket at a great price. Check out the link below. I may have been a little hard on Cycle Gear, I don't know their circumstances during my order process, but I will buy from the again.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?item=CGC_720-3440_G