Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Gear For Sale (Jackets / Pants)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Back Marker

jbeber is on a distinguished road
Gear For Sale (Jackets / Pants)

For Sale: Gear I no longer need and haven't worn in a long time. These items have been hanging around too long and need to go to help cover the cost of some new gear.

Joe Rocket Speedmaster Leather Jacket size 44.....$120.00 shipped
Jacket is a older (I think it's the 1st version of the Speedmaster line) but used over only 2 short summers (Minnesota) and shows no real wear. No scuffs or anything and all zippers work. Removable insulated vest liner. The silver on the shoulders is a bit odd-looking but is a great piece of gear. Has hard armor in the shoulders/forearms and a soft back protector. Has both full and short zipper for pants to attach. This jacket still fits me fine and I'm 5'9" and 170lbs. Sorry, I can't find a link regarding this older style (version 1.0 I think).

Alpinestars T-Armstrong Textile Jacket size Large.....***SOLD***

Intersport Fashions West Leather Sportbike Pants size 36 waist.....$160.00 shipped
These pants have never been worn (besides trying them on in the store and house). I had never heard of the manufacturer before, but I found them at MotoPrimo in Minneapolis, MN about 5 years ago. They have a stretch textile crotch area for ventilation/comfort and removable hard knee armor and soft hip pads. Also, they come with some unused knee sliders (velcro attachment). Full zipper and also back zipper for jacket to attach. All zippers work perfectly. These pants are still brand new. Should fit someone that wears size 34" or so waist and 32" inseam (although inseam doesn't matter as much since they're tucked in the boots). The only bad thing about them is that they say 'Suzuki' on the thighs. I came across a website where a guy said his same brand 'Honda' logo pants were $400 new, but I bought mine on clearance and don't recall the retail price. Here's that guy's link:
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=2421752
You need to scroll down to the 6th pic or so. His are used.
No other good info found on this brand, except that Fairchild Corp (aircraft?) bought them and Hein Gericke at some point.

The leather Jacket and Pants have been conditioned at least once a year (when I did the leather jacket I was actually using), and all items have been stored in the house in a closet (no damp basement or garage).

In case you're wondering, I currently wear a Joe Rocket Sonic perforated leather jacket and just bought some Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants. When these items sell, I'm going to pick up the Alter Ego jacket to go with the pants.

I've never posted a classified on the forum before, but if you'd like some ebay feedback to put you at ease then chek out my 'feedback page' here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

I do not have a PayPal account to receive payment. Money Orders or Cashiers Checks would be best.

I will ship to the 48 states (sorry AK/HI) and provide mail tracking numbers.

I am located in San Antonio TX (local pickup is fine with me).

PM me if you have any questions or interest in buying.
Attached Thumbnails Gear For Sale (Jackets / Pants)-joe-rocket-speedmaster-jacket-1.jpg   Gear For Sale (Jackets / Pants)-joe-rocket-speedmaster-jacket-2.jpg   Gear For Sale (Jackets / Pants)-leather-riding-pants-1.jpg   Gear For Sale (Jackets / Pants)-leather-riding-pants-2.jpg  

Last edited by jbeber; 01-30-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Item Sold
Old 12-21-2008, 04:52 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Don't rely on the Alter Ego to protect you in a crash. It is only nice because of the layering ability. The textile fabric disintegrates on contact with asphalt plus it grabs instead of slides which will cause an unavoidable spin, plus the armor is loose fitting so it probably won't be in the right place when you need it. Ever since I saw some crash tested I wear jeans underneath my Alter Ego pants. Try the Super Ego jacket which is a leather/textile combo with the same zip off mesh panels.

Didn't mean to thread jack, just concerned about the "riding" gear being advertised like it is ballistic armor when in fact there is limited protection. Too bad those pants weren't a couple inches wider...
Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Back Marker

I plan on wearing jeans/cargo pants under the Alter ego pants at all times (they fit best that way--not loose at all). As for the Super Ego jacket--looks awesome, but I already have the Sonic leather jacket and I'm really happy with it. I just wanted a new Textile jacket that's not just completely mesh. It would be used for 'around town' riding.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Back Marker

By the way....are my prices too high?? I've gotten no PM's at all. I though they were good deals considering the low use and great condition. Doesn't anyone want to buy themselves a Christmas present?