Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Tank Bag Recomendation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Squid

skeetthecheat is on a distinguished road
Hey Cascaderider, does that cortech tankbag block your instruments at all? Does interfere with the handlebars at all? And is it big enough to lean against?

I was hoping the tribag would provide some support to my upper body so that my bum shoulder wouldn't have to take as much pressure. I'm planning on a 2 week trip next month, my previous long distance trips had me in too much pain.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road

Here is my motocentric touring set up. I spent alot of time checking out different brands and models. Personally I like the Motocentric line because they seem to be well thought out. The tank bag has tons of compartments. Zippers are easy to use with gloves on. Map windows. Iphone compartment.
Magnets work well. The size of the bad fits well for the VTR. Its a good compromise in height.
Another good option is that it is backpack ready. The saddlebags fit snug and come with a heat shield since they rest against my Jardines. I adjusted my bags to fit under the seat so I dont have to worry about someone walking away with them. I think it looks cleaner that way too.

Last edited by jeephawk; 07-01-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Back Marker

CascadeRider is on a distinguished road
skeetthecheat, yes to all of that, except handlebar onel. It doesn't get in the way of those. It's big when you have both bags. I'm not concerned with instrumentation, honestly. Mostly because having luggage is a travel necessity that comes with a price. I mean, we're going so fast the wind resistance prevents you from looking down at your instruments anyway, right?

With just the top bag by itself, it's enough to lean on; I did yesterday on my way home from a day trip 3 hours away.

jeephawk, great picture.. thanks for demonstrating. I didn't take the time to try and make the "under the seat" mounting of the saddle bags work, so I went with "over the top" -- even with a passenger. I don't think it was as comfortable for her as it could have been, so I'll have to try again. Maybe I'll get a picture today with my new Little Horse rack and my saddle / tank setup.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Yoadriaaan
Squid

Yoadriaaan is on a distinguished road
RKA magnetic tankbag. Highly recommended.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
love the nelson riggs tank bag I got, thing can be small and yet expands to hold a lot (couldn't believe how much it could hold at full capacity).
Nelson Rigg Motorcycle Tank Bags - Cycleluggage
Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Squid

woodsrider1 is on a distinguished road
I love my Joe Rocket Manta XL. Cant go wrong with that one IMO
Old 07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Squid

usaabn is on a distinguished road
Onyx firstgear expandable tank bag. It has tons of storage and nearly doubles in size when expanded. A carry handle and shoulder straps that allow it to be carry as a back pack. Two outside pockets with clear map pocket. It can be unzipped from its base and exposes an additional clear map pocket. Its attached with a strap for attaching around the steering head and has a magnet base. Decent price also...

usaabn