SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider's Gear (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/)
-   -   Which brand(s) of helmet do you own (or used to own)? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/riders-gear-38/brand-s-helmet-do-you-own-used-own-10508/)

bluevtr 05-19-2007 12:18 PM

Nolan flip-front here. Good lid, 5 yr. warranty. Before that was HJC. It was ok, but the rubbber trim around the bottom started coming unglued after repeated days in the rain.

saxman 05-20-2007 08:20 AM

I use a Caberg Justissimo flip face. A couple of years ago the company was called Jarrow, and I believe they were called Arrow before that......not sure why all the name changes. I really like the helmet, good fit, and flip face allows us smokers the chance to have a quick one on the go........real quick one if you are running at speed...:bananadance:

Cleveland 05-23-2007 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by saxman (Post 53802)
real quick one if you are running at speed...:bananadance:

How the hell do you light it?:shock:

Randman 05-23-2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by saxman (Post 53802)
I use a Caberg Justissimo flip face. A couple of years ago the company was called Jarrow, and I believe they were called Arrow before that......not sure why all the name changes. I really like the helmet, good fit, and flip face allows us smokers the chance to have a quick one on the go........real quick one if you are running at speed...:bananadance:

Be a real man, smoke it with the sheild down...LMAO!!!:p

saxman 05-23-2007 02:51 PM

I wired in a cigarette lighter on the fairing below my left bar, so lighting is easy now...
As for smoking in the helmet.......I only do that when the bugs are bad. I got tired of replacing the chinbar pad, but the heat did give the chin bar a nice custom molded look! Thought about trying it to mold the tank that way, but I was told that might be a bad idea......:wtf2:

sukidesu 06-15-2007 07:22 PM

Suomy

I have to say that last year I switched from Arai to Suomy. The fit was much better for my face. (no more rubbing my nose getting the helmet on and off) I first bought the low end Vandal and like it so much that I sprung for the Extreme. I would recommend searching online and getting the helmet hundreds less than the dealer. Mind you, I still like Arai's, the Suomy just fits me better and is superlight.

thehandyman 06-30-2007 03:43 PM

My oval brain only allows me to wear shoei or arai

rhu5 07-01-2007 06:43 AM

Helmets currently owned...

Arai Quantum f (had two of them but the 1st one was a little large), Suomy Gunwind, Shoei RF1000 (Duhamel) and a Shark RSX (Hook). I like all of them.

Tonyizcool1 07-03-2007 06:57 PM

3 hjc's (different models)
1 Shoei camber

Condor 10-10-2007 08:36 PM

Currently have a Shoei x-11 Vermeulen, an Arai RX-7 in just the racing black solid, and a Suomy Gamble. The Arai is the most comfortable to me, the Shoei is my fiancee's, but luckily i milked that one and we wear the same size helmet (thank God she has lots of hair)....fits well, just not as good as the Arai. I got the Suomy for a birthday present from my pops and i really like the liner in it and the graphics are unreal. Theyre all loud cause theyre all race helmets, but i have my speakers from helmetaudio.com in them, so i just listen to my ipod, and it doesnt really bother me.

Syclone 10-10-2007 09:07 PM

I've got 2 HJCs and 1 Bieffe (sp) that was my first helmet.

RK1 10-11-2007 12:15 AM

I've got a pair of Nolan X-Lite 901s. They went for $350-$400 or so when they first came out, were discontinued nearly 3 years ago. I bought one on closeout for under a hundred bucks and liked it enough to order a second one.

The higher end Nolans are really great helmets.

Blue Ridge Boy 10-11-2007 10:21 AM

Currently sitting in my helmet cabinet:
- 2 Icons
- 2 Schuberths
- 1 Simpson
- 1 Zeus
- 1 AFX
- 1 Nolan
- 2 Half Helmets
:)

Blue Ridge Boy 10-23-2007 06:30 PM

...and just added an Arai yesterday. :p

prhenderson 10-23-2007 07:54 PM

I have 3 Shoei's and 2 Scorpions and I actually don't think I will buy a Shoei again. The Scorpions are pretty well made, comfortable, and quieter than the Shoei. Wind noise is my biggest issue with any helmet. I don't wear earplugs and I want to hear my engines!

SD Hawk 10-24-2007 06:32 PM

Leather w/ ear flaps and googles.....

DrPepper 10-24-2007 08:08 PM

i have a couple but my baby is my KBC VR-2 its comford is amazing

MotorToad 11-02-2007 12:20 PM

Heh, I have had a BUNCH of lids.
AGV R1 a long time ago, nice enough.
Shoei RF-800, not enough ventilation, otherwise extremely nice.
AGV Q3 something, nice enough cheap touring lid, got two of them for $180.
Arai Signet GT, all that, but I like the RF-1000 better. Not as goofy.
RF-1000, one of the best lids made.
X-Lite X-901, google it, I got it for the weird factor but I really like it. (Not in the poll, either.)
HJC AC-X dirt lid, closeout, worn maybe 20 minutes and I haven't had another dirt lid to caompare it to. I think it could be done better, though.
About to buy a Scorpion EXO-700 because it's cheap and the liner is so nice.

Erik S. 11-04-2007 09:57 AM

Bought a HJC CL-14 recently, Tribal I think. Matte black with some silver and red tribal BS on it. Still have a Simpson, after wearing the HJC, I won't be going back to the Simpson. It's just the wrong shape for my head.

The one I want, that I think looks cool, is the Arai XD Moto. Maybe someday.

marmaladedad 11-04-2007 10:56 AM

I haven't put in my choices in the poll... :|

Currently have...
2 Arai (RX7RR4, Corsair)
5 Shoei (Shoei Xtec, XSPii (x2), VMoto, VFX-R)

...used to own a Shoei RFR, RF800, RF900, Z2 (worn once!), Syncrotec, and two X11's; and an HJC CL12 and AC10.

The old HJCs weren't too great comfort-wise, but the newer ones are supposedly better. I miss my RFR because it had a kickass dragon airbrushed on it. (here's a link: http://www.katewerk.com/images/marmdragon.jpg )

The only helmet I wish I still had is the X11....those suckers vent like you were riding without a lid!

newb007 11-04-2007 06:08 PM

I've had a few lids including Shoei's and with my oval head it doesn't matter what brand I get, they all meet a nice carving with a knife. After I carve out the front they fit just right. I'm a circus freak I know...

Currently sporting a Nolan flip face.

LineArrayNut 05-01-2008 06:22 AM

I kept a Shoei RF-200 from the '90 ZX-7 days but somewhere along the way lost the clear shield and the top pad. So I needed a quick replacement after I bought the SHawk; got a KBC TK-8 for less than a 100 bill and... I liked it enough to buy another so I didn't have to exchange shields for night riding. Heartily recommend for an inexpensive lid.

supermonie 05-01-2008 08:18 AM

Scorpion fairly priced, comfortable, and does the job for me.

but I would like an Shoei if I could afford it.

lhoward1134 05-01-2008 08:29 AM

I had a Shoei RF-1000 That saved me in a 110 mph wreck. I'm sticking with those.

Laynout 05-01-2008 03:35 PM

Shoei RF-1000, Camber paint scheme Yellow/Black/Grey/Silver, mirror tint face sheild. It's awesome, way cool, way comfy!

Timmybung 05-09-2008 07:33 PM

Had a SHoei RF-800 I bought in '01, when I just bought the Hawk a few weeks ago it was time to retire it- too darn old. Bought an HJC AC-12 Yikes 3 off of newenough for $99- my entire order of pants, jacket, helmet, visor, socks, plus s&h was less than the plain black RF-1000 I was looking at. Glad I got it- great helmet, great vents, got the mirrored visor (looks great), etc.

pacificman 05-10-2008 01:36 AM

Shoei RF-1000...

I have a RF-1000 for my primary, Nolan N101-E for my backup. I really like the shield R&R on the Shoei, simple and fast. I like the Nolan flip front, but, feel more protected in the Shoei. Both are comfortable well ventilated and quiet.

supermarto 05-10-2008 05:39 AM

I had Bieffe as well! But I just went from a Bell to a KBC, and I have to say that the thing I noticed most immediately was the WEIGHT DIFFERENCE between these two lids! I also would get lines in my fat head from the Bell, but the KBC leaves no marks... I really like it for the price.

truepath 05-13-2008 06:47 PM

shoei
bieffe
fulmer
hjc girlfriends pink with flames
2 nolans from when I was young
vega....totaled when the lady in the caddy decided she wanted to total me and my bike

they all had good points I really like my shoei now, new will prob be a suomy

haknslash 05-27-2008 08:50 AM

I have a Vega Altura in silver/wht/chrome with mirrored shield. I call it my liquid lid LOL as it looks like mercury on my noggin' :D. Nice lid. It handles noise well and feels like most HJC's in terms of padding/comfort. It's light or feels light on the neck.

I also have a Bell Sprint I think it is. I hate that helmet.

I'll probably buy one of the newer HJC or Scorpion lids with the dual sheild so that I won't have to swap shields for day/night riding. I dropped my Vega the other day and put some nasty scratches on it plus scratched the mirrored shield to hell and back.