RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Value of our Super Hawks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Squid

BIGTSV is on a distinguished road
Value of our Super Hawks

I was going to sell my Super hawk but after I get it all cleaned up I can not sell it for what they are bringing. How is it a bike as nice and as cool and rare as a Superhawk only brings in 3K of so. They are such good bikes and to see the value of my 1999 Superhawk to be about the same as a 05 RM 450 blows my mind. So after a fair amount of detailing I am going to keep my Super Hawk as it is worth way more to me than the market will bring.

End of Rant!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Speed Demon
Superstock

crackerjackman is on a distinguished road
Yea I hear ya on that one too. I was throwing around the idea of selling mine too but the amount of time and money I have into her just doesnt justify selling it in my eyes. glad ya chose to hold on to your SH.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
-it's 11 years old, soon to be 12.
-it's carbed instead of fuel injection.
-suspension is poor.
-braking is average at best.
-it's not particularly fast.

But I enjoy the heck out of mine.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Its not the best and yet that is what is the best thing about it.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:47 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
It's hard to believe the SH was so beloved when it first came out. I have a review from '98 (I think) where they compared EVERY bike sold in America in different categories, and the VTR came out on top. Many of those bikes sell for more than a used SH these days. It's perplexing.

I think the thing is, in some ways the bike is a super standard. A grand tossed in every direction makes it a class leader, but in stock shape it's just not on top. I guess this is what makes it a great street bike.

CR
Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Squid

redmanmbz is on a distinguished road
It's in a class all by it self. Someone else had a post about a friend that talked him into buying a SH and he's glad he did. Guess you have to own one to know what their really worth.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Ugly strippers always give the best lap dances.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
yeah it sucks for retail but I cant complain because if it weren't for the superhawks affordability i wouldnt be able to own a nice bike. but I do agree. they are great bikes that are worth a lot more.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Squid

r80gsman is on a distinguished road
old but i gotta

i am glad they are cheap, they are so cheap, you can buy two... i always have a RULE... always buy for keeps... and a superhawk is a keeper... money: if you buy one for say 2500$ ride it/enjoy it for 3 years. you owned a great bike for 833$ a year... that is pennies to a cost of a new one. AND i LOVE paid off bikes. it is like the SVs.. buddy of mine bought a 07 with most of the usual upgrades for 3800$ bike has 3k miles, it is brand new..

if anyone is looking to upgrade to a 'better" bike when u buy a SH pay (save) your self a 100$ a month so when the bike is real tired in 3 or so years u can park it have money to buy another and turn the SH into a track bike. or like i like to do give it your wife or bro to ride with you.. (obviously kept in usable/safe condition)
Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 AM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Ugly strippers always give the best lap dances.
I always considered my Superhawks more elegant, and pleasing to look at than the RC-51s.. But the dance is still exceptable...
Old 01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
SuperSport

kai ju is an unknown quantity at this point
It actually gets worse when you try to sell a modified one, as I found out when I tried to sell my naked Superhawk. Despite the upside down forks, killer brakes, penske shock, large tank etc. nobody wants it for what I think it's worth. I'd probably get more parting it out than selling it whole. Rant over.
Having said all that, that bike puts a smile on my face every time I swing a leg over it and twist that grip. Rave over.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned
Back Marker

99Hawkboy
I bought mine in 2004 as a graduation present to myself. Ive owned over 7 vehicles since then and have always had the SH. Couldnt imagine selling her. Been through way to much and she still looks brand new. Bikes now-a-days are cheap... plastic...and dissposable. Everytime I take a look at the bike and admire the welds and craftsmanship that went into her.. man... kinda takes ya back. Oh and she still holds her own on the track thats for sure!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Squid

Meierznutz is on a distinguished road
Ok, so I'm not sure that I even get a true voice here 'cause I haven't ridden it other than the day I pulled it out of the back of my truck (once around the block... there was still snow on the road and it was damn close to 0 degrees).
I have always found that a machine you know well is always worth more to you than other people. Case in point, I bought an '02 Dodge 2500 QC SB with the Cummins and 6 speed stick. I put 128k miles on it and knew every nut and bolt. I made a few mods and though I worked the truck it was never raced or pulled. I did my research and included all the extras I had picked up for it.
I tell you that to say this, when I had the truck priced the same as others like it I barely got calls and got stupid lowball offers. When I raised the price to ridiculos heights, I got a guy that paid exactly what I asked.... $16k for a 9 yr old truck.
I realize there is an *** for every seat and yes, I own a lot of chairs.... but if you decide to sell be patient, be reasonable, and wait for your buyer. Most of all, don't hide anything from the buyer. If it works... show them, if it dosent... tell them. You will get a fair price.