RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Thanks Neighbor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:11 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Thanks Neighbor!

So I've been on deployment for a month and a half now and missing out on the best time of year to be riding in AWESOME Oak harbor . To top it all off I asked the wife to wheel my bike out and start her up once a week and get it up to normal temp of 180 or so, shut it off and wheel her back inside. Well Today has been the first time I have had a chance to get on the web and make phone calls and this is the first thing out of her mouth: "Your going to be pissed..." Awesome. She then proceeds to tell me that while the bike was on the driveway that my neighbor came over and wanted to hear the bike on the throttle and yeah, my wife said "Sure." Well he revved it up and the bike started to move back and since the steering head was against the lock it turned down the drive and by the time he realised that it was moving off the kick stand he couldnt grab it in time and it fell over.

The wife says that the "Bars are not straight when the bike is being pushed straight, the (front brake) lever is bent, there is a dent in the tank, the tail section is cracked, the left cover is scratched, and the (Rear brake) lever is bent.

So 45 days into deployment and a good chunck of savings is gone. I only wonder what the next 165 days are going to bring? Hopfully Santa is on this forum... Or God, or both... That way I get my parts in wrapped packages and my neighbor gets herpisyphilgonoraids! That will be all... Carry On
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Squid

Alterego is on a distinguished road
Damn bro, that is a bit of bad news. Sorry to hear.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Squid
So 45 days into deployment and a good chunck of savings is gone.
Well he revved it up and the bike started to move back and since the steering head was against the lock it turned down the drive and by the time he realised that it was moving off the kick stand he couldnt grab it in time and it fell over.
Whose savings?

Sucks it happened, but it sounds like your wife gave him permission to rev it up.. not fail to take responsibility for what happens when HE rev'ed it up.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Whose savings?

Sucks it happened, but it sounds like your wife gave him permission to rev it up.. not fail to take responsibility for what happens when HE rev'ed it up.
Precisely what I was thinking... Your neighbour needs to step up and fix the bike... His fun, his bill...
Old 08-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
I agree, but there is little I can do over here. I may have to wait until I get home in order to disguss it with him. I dont know when I will have communication capabilities state side after today. What would you do in this situation? I dont want him to take it to a shop and fix some things and leave other issues that are not visible to an untrained eye. He is an aquaintance, no where near a friend of mine. My wife was just being nice.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Maybe neighbor dude should check his homeowner or his auto policy to see if he can cover the damages.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear neighbor paid up. Now hurry up and get home safe!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Glad to hear neighbor paid up.
Huh? did I miss a post someplace?

Now hurry up and get home safe!
Absolutely

Oh and the home owners insurance,,, not a bad idea.. damage sounds like more $$ then a deductible might be.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 08-21-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Yeah, check out what did you do with your superhawk today thread...