RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Something Europe Does Better

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
For the first 100+ years America was populated by self sufficient and fiercely independent people. They minded their own business and demanded their government do the same at home and abroad.

Over the past 80 years or so Americans have been conned into believing they need an ever expanding government to provide them with a job, a retirement income, health care, welfare, food stamps, WIC coupons, housing vouchers, tell them what the can and can't eat-drink-smoke etc, ad nauseum.

When the political class sees how easy it was to con you into selling yourself into slavery, don't be surprised when they try to expand the boundaries of the plantation.
Sorry, but there is no con... It's fairly blatant and open...

It's just convinience keeping the masses in line...Most Americans (And they don't differentiate much from the rest of the world) prefer sitting on their ***, doing nothing, getting fatter as the gubermint feed them... And as long as it apparently works, they won't change their behavior...

Works the same as with most animals... Give them food and water and keep other sources out of sight and you don't need to put up a fence...
Old 08-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

turbotim is on a distinguished road
I love the old people that go the wrong way in them & the jack asses that think yield means stop. Not as dangerous as a 4 way intersection in my opinion as long as they're just one lane. Those dual lane ones are crazy to put it lightly.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Back Marker

Furrybiker is on a distinguished road
Boy did we hijack this thread, thanks notakawi for reminding us what it was about!

I will just say that Tweety's last post shows us nothing much changes, the Romans kept the populace in place with "Bread and circuses".

Damn depressing.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Back Marker

Though probably not the Viaduct and certainly not the NACA duct!

Must leave that single malt alone........
Old 08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Furrybiker
Boy did we hijack this thread, thanks notakawi for reminding us what it was about!

I will just say that Tweety's last post shows us nothing much changes, the Romans kept the populace in place with "Bread and circuses".

Damn depressing.
Further proof that humans might be the most intelligent animal, but certainly not the smartest...

But yeah, a bit depressing...

Oh, I dunno.. This seems like our normal threads to me... I get surprised every time we manage to keep it to just one topic...
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Furrybiker
Though probably not the Viaduct and certainly not the NACA duct!

Must leave that single malt alone........
Hey... What are you having? I'm eyeing a Caol Ila 1992 and contemplating lowering the level a tad...
Old 08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
MotoGP

Bah... If you get a headache the day after drinking good single malt you didn't drink enough... Simple as that... Unfortunately I haven't worked out how much you have to drink to not get a headache the second day yet... I keep passing out...

Seriously though, one is fine as long as you drink water before bed...
Old 08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RK1
Very well, Tweety. When it comes to care and feeding of our VTRs, especially electronics, I bow to your experience and knowledge.

When it comes to mind altering beverages, chemicals and plant material, I take a back seat to no one. That includes Timothy Leary, Ram Dass and Carlos Casteneda!
Seroiusly... I need to take a holiday in the US and go visit some of you guys... A bit of riding and a bit of barbeque and some whiskey...
Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Very well, Tweety. When it comes to care and feeding of our VTRs, especially electronics, I bow to your experience and knowledge.

When it comes to mind altering beverages, chemicals and plant material, I take a back seat to no one. That includes Timothy Leary, Ram Dass and Carlos Casteneda!
woooo! some of my people you're talkin about, esp Carlos. Then you'll know what I'm talking about when I say that we could only trip 3 times a week, no matter how good the acid. More often and you ruined your trip and hence only wasted good acid. Don't ask how we learned that. haha.

Killer hash and and opium cigarettes from Nam. Shopping bags full of kick *** wead for 40 bucks. Snortin coke till you were ready to pass out and then doin some good crank to get your motor running again.

Organic mesc, my all time favorite, crawled around the floor cause sometimes it seemed too difficult to walk, with a permanent grin on your face for 10 hrs and no hangover. Staying up all night to greet the sunrise and glad you worked second shift. Bottles of porter, shot of mezcal, and a couple reds and there was no tellin what you were going to do with whom.

Mind you, these were the good ole days. this was all legal then kids.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:29 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
Wow. Sometimes this forum exceeds expectations. Great work, gentlemen. You made my morning.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Tweety
Hey... What are you having? I'm eyeing a Caol Ila 1992 and contemplating lowering the level a tad...

Well I ran out of The Glenlivet 12 year old and went on to the Bruichladdich.

I drank the water before bed, as usual, and still felt fairly rough when the dog stuck her nose in my ear at 7.30am........Hey its all worth it!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
Bah... If you get a headache the day after drinking good single malt you didn't drink enough... Simple as that... Unfortunately I haven't worked out how much you have to drink to not get a headache the second day yet... I keep passing out...

Seriously though, one is fine as long as you drink water before bed...

i have the same problem, i drink, get drunk, pass out, wake up 5 hours later and feel as if i slept 8 with no hangover. its a shame really.....no its not
Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
ok, so who else enjoys the "I am turning right, moving over, whoops I have an imaginary 60 foot trailer so I am swerving back into the lane on the left without signaling or any other sign to those who are now passing me as is legal and suggested in their lane, right hand turn"?
Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Back Marker

Fish is on a distinguished road
Another thing the UK does better is a tiered system for motorcycle endorcement. This way some "New" riders have less of a chance to jump on a 100+ HP bike as a first ride. IT SAVES LIVES!

Fish.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 AM
UK rider
Squid

lumpyv.uk is on a distinguished road
r,bouts are excellent fun if there is no one about but you have to hold ur nerve. somr can be treated like a flip,flip,flip chicane.

well its tea-time over here on friday night so intend to go to the pub and get stupid!!

good health!!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
I had the "privilege" of spending a year in Kuwait. They have lots of roundabouts there, and in Kuwait they are a great place to die. Essentially, the person with the biggest vehicle had the right-of-way, but fortunately, I had a Yukon XL. Also, they actually taught in the driver's training that those entering the roundabout have the right-of-way (which is the opposite of normal) but it didn't really matter what the rule was . . . you just tried to keep moving and not hit anything. It was way too common to see dead people laying in the road, and wrecked cars littering the highways, since the cars are often abandoned after an accident.

However, in the USA, I would love to see more roundabouts, because we drive relatively safe here, and generally follow traffic laws. Roundabouts save time and fuel. But instead, we seem to be going the other way. Around me, they keep installing traffic lights at intersections that used to have 4-way stops. So now, instead of a quick stop-and-go, I get to stare at a red light for a minute or so, while there aren't any cars in sight.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
"Roundabout" by Yes, circa 1971...the only one worth a damn.