Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Ash Cloud over Europe

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:41 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
Ash Cloud over Europe

All you folks in EU. How's the sky look with the ash cloud and all? My wife's cousin was scheduled to come in from Italy yesterday and now they're saying Monday. Said the planes can't fly with all the ash. Is it settling all around you or just looks like a foggy day? 2012 is just around the corner. Hmmm...
Old 04-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Squid

Mabsport is on a distinguished road
We are all surviving at the mo.No flights in or out of the UK again today and possibly the next few days.The sun is still out and no ash can be seen.The only thing I have noticed is a small film of dust on the car this morning .

Anyway heres a pic of me and the wife going out in the sun

Old 04-18-2010, 04:04 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Smoking volcanoes which drop ash in the City of London face an £80 fine in a new crackdown on litter.
Every day about 70 tons of ash is dropped onto the City. They are accompanied by lighters, matches and cellophane wrappers.

Now 10 environment officers will be prowling - and issuing the fines to irresponsible smokers. Those who give false details will be fined £1,000.

Keep Britain Tidy described dropping ash as "lazy and disgusting".

Chief executive Phil Barton said: "Smoking litter looks terrible and is turning our streets into a giant ashtray.
"Clearly, many smokers have yet to be convinced that their ash is litter, so they need to get a personal ashtray or use the bins provided."

He added: "There can be no excuse for throwing ash on the ground. It's lazy and disgusting."

Philip Everett, director of environmental services at the City of London, said: "We're taking a tough line on smokers who litter our streets.

"We expect this campaign to have an impact on smoker's behaviour, if not their purses and wallets when they are caught."
Old 04-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Back Marker

Furrybiker is on a distinguished road
A warm sunny day went down the the Ace Cafe to see the brit bike show, the best bit for me, living on the Heathrow side of London, is the QUIET, its like Christmas day. Enough, better go and start the bike