RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
lesson learned

I can say ive officially learned to never buy a big ticket item over the net... this may belong in buyer seller feedback but i think its more of a rant... I bought a hawk from tdogg a little bit ago and was told other than light cosmetic damage from a low side the bike was solid and ready to ride knowing I am in nj and hes on an air force base in Florida and had to pay $500 for shipping to even see the bike in person... what he neglected to tell me was that the non damaged fairing had the ear broken off at the mirror or that the chain rubs on the exhaust when properly adjusted or the bars needed to be adjusted so the brakes dont lock up when turning left the clutch master had to be modified so the hose didnt hit the guages or that the front sprocket doesn't fit right on the shaft and as its damaging the shaft it vibrates the whole bike every bolt he touched was either stripped or cross threaded he used red thread locker on small bolts causing them to breaksupposed when coming out all the lower is broken and damaged the welds on the braced swinger loom lime it was someones first time welding and one is cracked before i even got it the exhaust was rubbing on the swinger and left gouges that will have to be filled in (not deep enough to damage the integrity but enough to make it an eye sore) a radiator is leaking the coolant tubes for the carbs are caked up to the point collant cant flow k&n filter was packed with dirt so bad the motor couldnt breathe there was gunk grease and whatever else built up behind the front sprocket so bad the sprocket left an inprint in it im not even done going through the bike so im sure theres more the tires are bad but he wasted more of my money by sending me two more bad tires and a box of parts most of which are useless... every time i try to solve one issue 5 more pop up I am glad this didnt go to a noob that didnt know any better because someone could have been seriously hurt or killed unfortunately I am financially paying the price for my mistake of buying it without seeing it first... never again will I trust anything being sold over the net never...
Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about your problems. In 45 years of owning a motorcycle and buying selling said, I have never purchased a used bike without a ride on it beforehand. Haven't dealt with Tdogg myself, but maybe others can offer you insight on who he is and other dealings.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Superstock

He isnt a bad guy and im not trying to smear his name or credibility he was very pleasant to deal with i just dont think he knew or understood what he did to this bike as he said he learned alot from this bike he just has alot more to learn (as do I) its just frustrating to have to fix this many issues on a bike i wanted to strip to stock and sell and if i have to put a counter shaft in its really gonna suck i didnt want to rebuild an engine on it...
Old 06-28-2012, 10:47 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I dont know, it is possible he IS a bad guy. I can't at all see a real great guy screwing another hawker like that. I would be nervous doing the long distance thing for just that reason, but any thoughts are now extinguished.

I do a ton of wrenching and I got a headache just reading that mess. That is very disappointing. Do we have a lowlife file to put his name in?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man, I too got dizzy reading all the problems

Are U gonna fix it? Might be better to part out the useful stuff, not sure. If U want to fix it & can't do it urself, I know two guys in NJ - albeit probably Devils fans - lol, but in North Joisey, they're both run moto repair out of their houses, thus lower cost than dealers. Both are excellent & have done work that I don't want to tackle.

Either way Good Luck
Old 06-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Superstock

I can and probably will fix it all myself theres not a nit or bolt on mine i haven't taken out and put back together its just frustrating and I try (probably too hard) to give people the benefit of the doubt that they are good and wouldn't intentionally screw people... I wouldnt do this to someone so i like to think no one would intentionally do it to me but im wrong... like I said its a lesson learned although it is an expensive one... I may need to part it out so I dont lose too much money on it well see as of right now I cant refer to it as my bike so I call it #2 the future will tell over the weekend i will pull the sprocket to see how the counter shaft is im gonna have a buddy grind down the welds on the swinger andredo them there are alot of upgraded parts I will be parting with once i get them sorted out... at least the cbr front end is in good shape and some other things are definitely worth it they will be sold and well see how the rest goes...
Old 06-29-2012, 07:31 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hey maniac, you gotta take a breath when you think/write....

Itendtogiveupafterafewrunonsentencesanditgivesmyah eadache.

Hey nnjhawk. I am in NYC, how far are the guys you know from me? Do you have emails you could give me?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:49 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Hey maniac, you gotta take a breath when you think/write....

Itendtogiveupafterafewrunonsentencesanditgivesmyah eadache.

Hey nnjhawk. I am in NYC, how far are the guys you know from me? Do you have emails you could give me?
LOL

One dude is south of Morristown, NJ (60 mins +/- from NYC) -

And the other is in Western NJ / Pa Border

See PM - Oh & the last of the email in PM is .net

Last edited by nnjhawk02; 06-29-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Superstock

Lol joe i will try punctuation was never my strong suit... my email is maniaci2313@gmail.com. i can be in nyc in an hour and a half without traffic
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maniac2313
I dont think he knew or understood what he did to this bike as he said he learned alot from this bike
This could certainly be factored in. And some people just have different levels of quality that they accept as standard. Those combined can make a "good" condition bike vary greatly from person to person.