RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

I feel so violated!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Squid

dummber1 is on a distinguished road
Angry I feel so violated!!!

And a bit stupid too! I had my bike parked in front of friends place last night. At some point during those hours that thieves like to practice there craft. Stole my 98 Super Hawk.
Now I've parked in this general area for the past few years on n off. I even lived on the same street for a while. Never once had anything happen to my bike. This is a town that doesn't have high crime rate. The neighboring town on the other hand Oakland, Ca has a reputation for, well everyone knows Oakland's reputation! I lived in Oakland for aprox 12 years. Never had a problem. I've owned many bikes while living there too! I move to Alameda and then I get my bike stolen! This sucks ***! I had just finished putting new rear sets on. bought new hand grips managed to fix her after the chain broke and tore out the 4 bolts holding the front sprocket cover and 3 lobes off the engine case too! The real kick in the N_ts is I get a call later in the afternoon as I'm moving my stuff out of my X's apt. Oh yeh did I mention I broke up with my girlfriend of two years too. But I get a call saying the chain adjuster I ordered last week just arrived in the shop! What ever I did to have this kinda Karma, I hope that took care of it. And this SH_T storm is over with!
PS. does anyone need a chain adjuster for 98 Super hawk?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:57 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Tough luck dude. I'm curious, did you have the steering lock set? Oh, any pics of the ex you care to post?

Hope you get your bike back.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Squid

Nope. Steering lock wasn't on. It actually was broken when I bought it from the original owner that had it stolen from him. It was recovered amazingly with only minor damage. I am pretty sure it wouldn't have mattered much. They probably picked it up N put it in a truck or van not started it up to ride off with it.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:40 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
One kick to the handle bars can break the lock anyway. I've had that happen to me. I hope you get the bike back, I've had two that were recovered in good shape.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Squid

It's hard to keep positive through stuff like this but thank you for the reminder. anything is possible right? like the A-hole's that stole it got caught or maybe they were driving over a bridge and it collapsed and plummeted to there deaths. woops did I say that or think that?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
Emotional roller-coaster. Next the you know, the girlfriend will be back without a scratch on her...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hey anyone reading this. LOCK YOUR BIKE (if you want it to stay yours). I have had 2 bikes stolen so I know it hurts. But if its any consolation each time I eventually got a better bike. Oh yeah, and I ALWAYS got a better girlfriend. Both of these things will also happen to you, & you will appreciate each one more than the last. I loaded my racebike into my van with tire warmers, camping gear, race stands & pretty much everything I owned & the whole van was stolen! So at least you know your not the only one. Kharma isnt instantaneous, by the way. Bad things happen to good people (almost exclusively)
Old 08-25-2010, 10:48 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
That sucks! Hopefully you'll get it back. There's still hope

A friend of mine had his Katana stolen about 20 years ago, and the CHP nailed the guy several months later as he was riding down the freeway with wiring hanging out the side. They thought it looked kind of suspicious.

Also 20 years ago...I go down to my carport to ride to work, helmet in hand, and my '86 CB700SC Nighthawk is there, chained to the steel post. But my 4 month old 1990 Isuzu Trooper is gone.

So I can relate. Did I feel violated...yes, definitely.

My Leon Redbone and Howlin Wolf tapes were in my truck, so I lost those too.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 08-25-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Squid

Thanks Smokinjoe73 and everyone else.
Your right I did end up getting another bike. Not another Super Hawk unfortunately but it is a newer and in much better condition Yam R6. I'm havin loads of fun on it. N got a really good deal on it. Oh yeh, I also sprung for an alarm and even a heavy chain. I can also wheel the bike inside my apt. As for the girlfriend, meh, had plenty b4 n can find a another. Just like the bike. Newer and much better condition!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
I use a disc lock on mine, but even that really won't prevent a couple of goons from picking it up and loading it in a panel van.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:47 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
No it wont, but you'd be shocked how many genius bikers repeat that mantra & dont even attempt to secure their bike. Without a disc lock the bike can be pushed away on foot. With a disc lock they cant push it up a ramp. Most bike do get ridden away, so all you have to do is make your bike a little harder to steal than someone else with the "what good will a disc lock do" mentality. That way his bike gets taken & you keep yours. And as always, if you cover it it makes it even harder to even want. (like a bike burka)
Old 08-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Squid

Even better still. A disk lock with an alarm on it. they make them pretty well thought out. with motion sensor and even if u separate alarm from lock it will go off.And it's loud.
It's the same concept as with cars, if it's got any kinda steering lock the thieve(s) are gonna usually go for less hassle and look at the next one, There not totally fail proof just a deterent. Something is better than nothing! anyway u look at it.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Squid

jsteel is on a distinguished road
Real sorry to hear about your bike there cuz, mine was taken out of my garage whilst i was at work on night shift.Gone without a trace no insurance , but i got a call 6 mnths later , it was involved in a police chase and went over a local gorge. Pretty much goosed really but i rebuilt it and still have it. Kind of lucky cause now i get to modify as I go and they are still fun!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Squid

Thanks for the words of encouragement. From all. I'm at the point of chalking it up as learning experience.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

geekonamotorcycle is on a distinguished road
did your bike ever come home? I am reading this thread b/c I am looking for an alarm.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:50 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
given his last activity was August of last year, I'd say no.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Squid

update...

first thing I'd like to say is thank you to all who responded to my post and sent condolences and words of wisdom. As many unfortunately know the feeling of having a bike stolen from them. Hell, anything as important to them as my motorcycle was to me. It is a true feeling of violation and causes a lot of anger. As well as you ask your self "why me?" Well I wish I had the answer to that question as well as the one, "who did this to me?" Those two questions probably will never be answered. At least in a western philosophy sort of way. If I think about it on other terms or from a different perspective maybe I'd get some answers but I'm not getting on a soap box or pulpit here. So don't worry! Anyway, For those who were wondering. No I never did get get it back. And the Yam was a poor substitute for my hawk. The price was right but the bike just wasn't! For me at least. I ended up hitting a patch of sand and going down on it one night I live in Alameda,right by the beach and very windy. I totaled it. I was lucky to walk away from it and literally that's what I've been doing since! WALKING! No bike No funds but I've made lots of new friends on AC transit! LoL Anyway figured I'd update my post and please remember to lock up your bike! anything is better than nothing when locking it up:-)
thanks, John
Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
I was once in your shoes, it's discouraging to lose your bikes. Keep the faith, better days are surely ahead. Dave
Old 07-28-2012, 03:55 AM
Squid

"I was once in your shoes, it's discouraging to lose your bikes. Keep the faith, better days are surely ahead. Dave"

Thank you for the words of encouragement. It definitely helps to hear some positive feedback as apposed to what I've felt and thought over the past year. For the past 10 years prior to this. I've not been with out a bike for more than a few months. It's not just a hobby. Just as for most of us. It's part of what defines me from others. Weather just in my head or how others see me. Most importantly it is a passion and a way of life that brings a smile to my face no matter what else is going on in my life. As I'm sure you and many others can understand.
I know life has ups and downs and I know it could be a lot worse. Thanks again or helping me keep things in perspective.
-John