RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Left lane slackers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Back Marker

Tormoz is on a distinguished road
Left lane slackers

My wife and I just got back home in Minnesota yesterday from a great, albeit by car, road trip to Colorado.

I'm impressed by two things that most drivers out west seem to do right: 1) they never cross the yellow line on curvy mountain roads, and 2) they seem to adhere to the "left lane for passing only rule."

Got back across the state line in Minnesota and was again struck by how many of my home state's drivers just loiter in the left lane at whatever speed they please. Makes one want a monster truck.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
If it's any consolation, the drivers in NC seem to be just as stupid.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Back Marker

Tormoz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Not sure what it is here ... either a sense of entitlement to use whatever lane you damn well please, or just a bunch of Scandinavian vigilantes enforcing on everyone else what they deem an appropriate speed. (Before Swedes and Norwegians take offense, I'm both.)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
In a similar vein, I'm always struck by how many Pennsylvania drivers stay all the way over to the right until it's time to execute their left turn. Move over, douche! There's extra room to the left for a reason! That's why they made it wide!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Oh I am regularly up in MSP, and I gotta say the drivers up there have nothing on AZ / Phoenix drivers.. Remember you export a lot of your worst drivers to us each winter..

When you see a car going down the freeway with the blinker on it isn't a signal that they are changing lanes or exiting the freeway. Rather just a mile of blinking for each year over 70 of the age of the driver..
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Youze outta try the drivers here in Fla. No natives, no vehicle inspections, no lane discipline, no turn signals, no sense. And it rains. When it rained yesterday I witnessed Gramps in his Buick swerve from the center lane to the passing lane of the interstate, cutting off a delivery van, turn on his emergency flashers and slow to 20 mph. The van driver looked like he was going to go postal.

Dear God! Will Rogers was correct when he said; "We can solve all of our traffic problems today. Just take every car off the road that ain't paid for!"
Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PUSHrod
Youze outta try the drivers here in Fla. No natives, no vehicle inspections, no lane discipline, no turn signals, no sense. And it rains. When it rained yesterday I witnessed Gramps in his Buick swerve from the center lane to the passing lane of the interstate, cutting off a delivery van, turn on his emergency flashers and slow to 20 mph. The van driver looked like he was going to go postal.

Dear God! Will Rogers was correct when he said; "We can solve all of our traffic problems today. Just take every car off the road that ain't paid for!"
aint this the truth,just yesterday,a guy i know got cut off and landed on the trunk of a car and fell off,broken wrist,swollen eye,bike looks totaled.
they drive very careless down here in st.petersburg,fl
Old 09-26-2011, 06:23 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Yeller, I have to set this straight. Half of N.Carolina drivers are from FL (Damn Half-backs) the other idiot drivers in NC are from S.Carolina. Which those wood ticks across the state line really don't care, because they get to the inside lane , so they don't have to learn to merge....
Which if law enforcement - enforced the laws of cellphone use behind the steering wheel, and texting, the laws on obstructing traffic... There would probably less road rage, traffic jams, etc.
Personally- IMO every car should have the owners home phone number on it, or cellphone number on it.. So you could call them up and tell what you think of them...(Second thought- that mite be a suggestion ( Ha Ha)