RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Leave my effin stuff alone, retards!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Leave my effin stuff alone, retards!

If I find the *bleeep* that messed with my bike, he and I will have a discussion about his ability to use his arms, and legs, and possibly his manhood... And trust me, he will loose one or the other before the discussion ends...

I came back to my bike after being gone some 20 to 30 minutes, and instead on being parked nose to the curb it's positioned *** to the curb, so I get suspicious... And a very quick check reveals that yes, some dumbass have rolled it around... With the steering lock in place, it only goes in a halfcircle, and with a lock on the front disc, it doesn't go very far...

But guess what... If you roll it far enough, enough times the disc then looks like banana... *bleeep*, *bleeep*, *bleeepity-bleep*....

I rode home with one caliper hanging from the mirror by a string, since that was the best I could do without a front stand to remove the wheel and disc, and leaving it in place meant it kicked the pads out leaving me with no brakes after one single rotation... 40 friggin miles going slow and easy... In midsummer heat...

Guess what? I'm a wee bit angry...
Old 07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Wow that kind of thing drives me F'N crazy. I came out of a restaurant to find an old ZX6 I owned moved around but thankfully not damaged. Also remember being parked at a bike night years back after buying my first superhawk brand new and came out to find a guy leaning on the seat and smoking over the bike with his coke sitting ON the bike. Needless to say a few words and a short refresher on respecting other peoples things had him departing the general vicinity of my bike. Won't even start on the joys of daily driving a classic car for 8 years including taking it to high school and college...Why do people have to make coexisting so difficult? Nowadays insured or not I no longer let any of my bikes out of my sight. It sucks because it takes some of fun out of the whole thing & they end up spending more time in a padlocked alarmed garage, but sadly other people just cannot be trusted.

Last edited by captainchaos; 07-25-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:44 PM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
Did the moron move your bike to get access to a parking space?
Is there any chance that a surveillance camera might have caught him in the act?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
I feel you man. I've found people just sitting on the bike comming out of a restaurant
a few years back. They fortunately for me didn't mess anything, and were nice enough to apologize, but man was I not happy.
The problem with your situation is, you will never know who did it, and in the long run, it's probably better off that way.

I know this is not comforting words, but aholes are everywear, and there's not much we can do. But yes, I do feel your pain.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by comedo
Did the moron move your bike to get access to a parking space?
Is there any chance that a surveillance camera might have caught him in the act?
Well... No... And even if that where the case, it doesn't take say 5-6-7 tries whacking the disc lock against the fork to move the bike... When I said the disc looked like a banana, I'm not kidding, it's bent about an inch from flat...

Eh... Sweden... You cannot put a camera anywhere where it will be of any use to anyone... You can use them to supervise your employees, but if they catch someone doing something they aren't sposed to, it's probably illegal to have the camera placed there...
Old 07-25-2012, 02:12 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Geez Tweety and you wonder why some of us in the US have carry permits.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:35 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Permits are for 'dem un-patriotic states. Yer gotta live in one of the constitutional carry states to really bleed FREEDOM!

Fascinating about the cameras... so camera use is pretty restricted there? If so I'm packing up and moving... I could use a brake from the heat.

Sucks that they folded your rotor. There's just no real hope for some people...
Old 07-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
Bummer, I hate reading about **** like this. Hopefully you'll be make him collect on dismemberment insurance.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Well you are much calmer than I would be.....
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Tweety, sorry to hear that...
Dumb *** people, I hate hearing stuff like that, but I think I don't have to add what I would have done to this Idiot myself, enough said, also It does not help getting mad unless you know who was that A Hole. It's a shame that we have people like that!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Are you sure they werent trying to steal it? I knew a guy whose bike was walked away as a theft. He saw it many blocks from his house on a cab ride!. They tried to hot wire it unsuccessfully.

You should focus on how much worse a theft woulda been and how great it is that you are resourceful enuff to get it home.

Or further, what if you sped away only to find no brakes?

Sounds like you had a relatively good day, now go hug your hawk...
Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Squid

Colors is on a distinguished road
geez sorry to hear that. what a bike for it to happen to as well. I hope you get it back on the road soon.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by HRCA#1
Geez Tweety and you wonder why some of us in the US have carry permits.
Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Well you are much calmer than I would be.....

Shooting that guy is waaay, way to nice... It takes a lot longer to heal from a broken spine... Or if I break every bone in his body i can find with a baseball bat...

Originally Posted by 7moore7
Permits are for 'dem un-patriotic states. Yer gotta live in one of the constitutional carry states to really bleed FREEDOM!

Fascinating about the cameras... so camera use is pretty restricted there? If so I'm packing up and moving... I could use a brake from the heat.

Sucks that they folded your rotor. There's just no real hope for some people...
Yep, every camera you put up needs a permit from the responsible department and walloping big signs, and you only get to save the material one week unless you actually catch something... Plus, no taping areas outside, where there is public access... The only exemptions to the last one are gas stations, banks (ATM) and drive throughs (could be a few more)...

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Wow Tweety, that really sucks big time! I guess the only positive is that there weren't 2 or more of those idiots, who may have been able to pick it up and put it in a van.

Years ago, a friend of mine came out of a market to find a guy kneeling by his bike with wires exposed. My friend said, "Nice bike!" To which the creep said, "Thanks". My friend, who is 6'5" and substantial size, then said, "I have one just like it"... then he decked him and left him bleeding on the asphalt.
That's kind of what I had in mind If I had caugt the guy... Plus a couple of broken ribs...

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Are you sure they werent trying to steal it? I knew a guy whose bike was walked away as a theft. He saw it many blocks from his house on a cab ride!. They tried to hot wire it unsuccessfully.

You should focus on how much worse a theft woulda been and how great it is that you are resourceful enuff to get it home.

Or further, what if you sped away only to find no brakes?

Sounds like you had a relatively good day, now go hug your hawk...
Well, they would really need a van to get it, since I usually put one disc lock on each wheel...

And hotwiring my bike might frustrate the best thief in the world... I have the ignition on a separate cylinder, with the wires semi-protected (and the wrong colors, on purpose), not in the steering lock (which is still operational as a lock) a separate killswitch hidden, plus I have rewired the entire harness, both to remove idiotic cost saving measures from Honda, and reduce the possibility of corrosion...

All the connectors that are left are weatherproof, and I have removed about half of them altogether... So there are no part of the wiring that's standard... Plus, I put it all in shrinktube, to reduce clutter, and hid all the wiring out of sight... Ie, unless you are very, very patient, and equiped with a sharp knife and steady hands, you would probably need to remove the fairing to have a remote chance of getting at any of the wires needed to hotwire the bike...

BTW, I had the bike back up and running about an hour after the first post... Looks a bit funky with one stock disc and one aftermarket one though... But that's temporary... (I had one stock disc left since I forgot the disc lock myself two years ago... DOH!)
Old 07-26-2012, 12:36 AM
MotoGP

And calm?! You should have heard me when i was removing the caliper... There was about twenty people standing there gaping as I swore loudly about idiots touching other peoples stuff, sweating to remove the caliper...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
a terrible feeling being violated when the perpetrator is no where to be found. A real scumbag no doubt. Too bad you couldn't have caught him in the act and fucked him up good.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about your problem Markus. Thankfully, it didn't end up worse than it did (not trying to minimize in any way what they did but it could have been worse). I hope you eventually find the lovely chap(s) who did it and get to spend some quality time alone with him, you know, to make amends.....
Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 AM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
that sucks to hear tweety but like others said it could have been worse...

I wish you caught them in the act though, people like that need to be taught a lesson.

I just moved 3 months ago and a couple weeks after we moved I swore someone moved my bike... just a couple feet but I could tell because I squeeze my bike and car into the same marked parking spot, nothing was messed with but I was still pissed...
Old 07-27-2012, 11:46 AM
SuperSport

kai ju is an unknown quantity at this point
Tweety, I have a couple of stock VTR rotors that are yours for the cost of shipping.
Since I don't have mine anymore I don't need them.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by kai ju
Tweety, I have a couple of stock VTR rotors that are yours for the cost of shipping.
Since I don't have mine anymore I don't need them.
Thanks for the offer... The thing is, so do I... But since I have a CBR 1000RR fork, with much larger rotors than the stock VTR one's it won't work... New rotor is on it's way, I'm riding with two different looking one's at the moment, but fully functional...
Old 07-27-2012, 01:48 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Incredible. I don't even move bikes if I know the owner, not even a friends bike. And sitting on a strangers bike without permission??? Reminds me of that scene in Sons of Anarchy when Jax and Bobby come out of the store to find a guy sitting on one of their Harleys while his girlfriend takes a picture. Bobby offers to take the picture, snaps it, then Jax clocks the guy in the face with his helmet. Bobby walks up, takes a picture of the guys bloody face, and throws his phone at him.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:19 PM
SuperBike

That would be a common sense not to touch someones bike, even more so sit on it.
But I guess some people just will not, or don't want to understand until they get punched in the face. It is somewhat similar to when someone sits on the hood/bonnet of your car, but just more personal!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Markus, sorry U had to deal with such BS. BTW, use a crushed soda (i.e., pop, coke) can between the pads and tape them in on the caliper; then U don't loose your front brakes.

Violence is sometimes therapeutic but when against persons it can backfire and U can end up in the hospital or worse instead. And some say if you do impose justice physically, hurt them bad but don't leave them alive to sue, etc.

Better, eye for an eye, and seek revenge against their property. I know someone VERY well who upon returning to his pristine and tricked-out 1988 NT650 hawk Gt with fork lock engaged & U-lock through the front wheel and forks, found that a Cager had swung his motorbike from rear tire-to-curb, around twice to make room to park his car. Not to be deterred despite two or three of Chicago's finest law enforcement officers being only 50 feet away but across a wide, busy & noisy street (Michigan Ave. near Congress Pkwy), said Motorcyclist I know did what he termed the "triple jump" on said Cagers car; i.e., he leaped up quite spiritedly onto the trunk landing on both feet (shod in heavy boots), then the top of the passenger compartment roof, then engine hood, and back again. He then followed up his triple-jump with a merry "kick-around" the fenders and doors. Our brave but maybe not so smart Motorcyclist then unlocked his NT and went and parked in the underground Grant Park garage. The Motorcyclist then returned to the car he had exercised on just in time to see the apparent owner walk up with an umbrella on his shoulder and newspaper under his arm. Upon noticing the damage to the trunk, the Cager calmly walked around the car to survey the other damage without making a sound or any display of emotion. He then, got into the car and slowly drove away. Our Motorcyclist was somewhat relieved that the Cager realized his mistake and accepted the consequences without making a fuss on the spot.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:05 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I came out to find my cbr had a car bumper mushed into it. I cant remember if I flattened 2 or 3 of the cars tires but I made sure to use a screwdriver in the sidewall several times to make it unpatchable.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
I came out to find my cbr had a car bumper mushed into it. I cant remember if I flattened 2 or 3 of the cars tires but I made sure to use a screwdriver in the sidewall several times to make it unpatchable.
You can't patch the side walls anyway Ah sweet revenge...
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
MotoGP

A couple of years prior I had a run in with an cager who backed into my bike on the parking lot at a Burger King, with me sitting 5 meters away, on one of the outside tables...

Said geniuos decided to not stop, just open the door and look back, then drive off... At the parking lot exit, he met me, since I droped my burger and sprinted... First he tried to drive around, me, then itimidate me to move...

Me, not thinking very far ahead, and high on adrenaline, simply walked onto his hood, knocked on the windscreen and told him to exit the car or face the consequences... According to witnesses I was very polite as I explained that I was not going to allow him to drive off... When he refused to do that, I then put my titanium and kevlar re-inforced riding boot trough the windsheild a couple of times, then reached down and took the car keys, and walked over to my bike...

When the police arrived, I was busy inspecting the damage to my fairings, and the owner of the car was having a hysteric fit in the middle of the parking lot exit, which caused a small traffic jam... After looking at the camera from the drive through, and talking to witnesses, the police simply told me to return the car keys, unless I wanted to face theft charges, and then made the two of us to exchange insurance information and left...

On the report, they put the damage on the car down to being from hitting my bike, so his insurance covered it, no questions... And while someone might question how the windshield got damaged from backing into a parked bike, the owner of that car will never do so again... And I highly doubt he will attempt to drive away from hitting a bike in a parking lot again...
Old 07-28-2012, 06:32 AM
SuperBike

I know the feelings fly up high on this thread rightfully so, but guy's, don't forget that it is a public forum, don't incriminate yourself if you may feel it could be an issue, like the dude with the R1 from Canada on YouTube
Old 07-28-2012, 07:22 AM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Markus, I'm very surprised Burger Kings are permitted in health conscious Sweden.

BTW, You got lucky with the cops.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by NHSH
I know the feelings fly up high on this thread rightfully so, but guy's, don't forget that it is a public forum, don't incriminate yourself if you may feel it could be an issue, like the dude with the R1 from Canada on YouTube
I kinda doubt the Swedish Police bothers to look at a US forum... And besides, it's about four years ago, and already posted on the Swedish Forum when it happened... But for the rest of you, that's probably good advice...

Nah, not that lucky... Both of them where riders... And both of them made comments along the lines, of "not stopping to own up, your own fault..."

The guy wasn't too bad off though, he paid the same deductable, and he got a new windscreen, and I got new fairings... And once he had stopped hyperventilating, and I had calmed down a little, we actually laughed about it, believe it or not...

And also that was actually my second set of fairings that same summer... The other pair I also got from insurance, also for having my bike backed into... Ironically, it was a marked police car that managed to back into my bike in the middle of a 400 square meter parking lot when i was in there disputing a ticket I had gotten earlier that day for illegally parking, which meant I had parked just outside the marked square... So, quite naturally, I had parked in a marked square, on the police stations parking lot, where I was about the only vehicle not police owned... Talk about irony...

I ended up having to pay that fine though, but on balance the police lost out, since their incurance apparently doesn't cover damaging a civilian vehicle in their own parking lot, for reasons that they explained in detail, and I didn't quite understand... Basically unless they are on a call, and it's very, very expensive, then it's not covered, so they paid full price for the new fairings, as I refused to have my insurance cover it...
Old 07-28-2012, 09:27 AM
MotoGP

And no... I'm not pulling your leg... The above is true... I'm fairly certain I can still dig though my papers and find the police report from both incidents... I haven't got that many of them...
Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by skokievtr
Markus, I'm very surprised Burger Kings are permitted in health conscious Sweden.

BTW, You got lucky with the cops.
BTW, well they are allowed, but the burger wrappers all carry health warnings, and a very detailed list of all the contents... Similar to cigarrete packs, but a bit more over the top...

Oh, FYI the cigarette packs around here are legally obligated to dedicate 75% of the packets area to health warnings, otherwise it's illegal to sell them if you didn't know that... Not the subtle warnings you guys have on the side of the pack, but the entire front has the Swedish equivalent to "Smoking Kills!"...

Last edited by Tweety; 07-28-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Leave my effin stuff alone, retards!