RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Just wondering.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Just wondering.

Aloha, This is not really an "Rant", but did not know where else to post it.
Wanted to stay out of the "Technical" forums. I have noted that out of the 6642 members and 649 Active members on record how many members actually participate(post) in the forum. I for one have been a "member" for a while but have not "contributed" very much. I guess that I have used the forum as a "search" tool for most of my membership. I have gotten a wealth of knowledge from the "uber gurus" of the forum. It seems to be those who Know and those who listen/read. Don't get me wrong, the technical portions are elemental to our bikes running and I find them extemely valuable. But I feel that the reason I ride a Superhawk is for the feeling, looks and performance of the bike. I will be the first to admit that I am no mechanic and am far from being proficient in motorcycle maintance, but I ENJOY riding
my SuperHawk. Other members seem to find working and modifying there bikes to be as, if not more enjoyable than just riding them. More power to you and may I be closer to your proficiency so that I may be able to enjoy it "more".

What do the rest of the 6641 members or 648 "active members". think
(minus 1 for me)? Maybe more participation in a non-techincal, maybe just:

Boy, I really enjoyed my ride last weekend. Went here and there, noticed
the world around me and/or my biking pals. We all had a great time. ( Did check my tires/ presure and oil level before the ride along with other fluids).
Talked bikes with other riders-cruisers,enduros(no mopeds-sorry). Had a good time.

I guess that I would like to hear more from some of our other members also.
I don't think that you have to be a "mechanic" to have something intersting to say (just maybe not in the technical sections). I guess I am just not "searching" the right key word?

How can we get more members to post ? Sorry, maybe its late for me and I had a hard day at work, drank a few beers etc... Hope I posted in the right section. RIDE WELL ALL.....
Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
We need an off topic section.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
The "Member's Rides" section seems appropriate.

After all, a ride post could figuratively be descriptive of your Superhawk with all it's mods etc - or literally it could be a post about ride you took on your Superhawk. Just my 2 cents.

But I agree with the OP it's enjoyable to read about other members adventures and experiences.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
This forum seems to be a fairly accurate representation of the membership.

Predominantly male...with puddles of testosterone here and there.
A few tech gurus that thankfully lead the pack away from the edge of the cliff.
Some feisty ones, from old and cantankerous to young, loud, vaguely dangerous, and anti-social.
The quieter ones who are probably the "rough men" that Orwell wrote about.
People who seize every opportunity to politicize a situation while ranting.
Folks who like to sit and watch the circus go by.
Everyone else...
Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
sure man, I ride the **** out of mine whenever I can...I only work on it because paying a shop both costs money and so far for me has ended up in disappointment at the quality of work.

I think the OP's question is "hey all these threads about working on the things, does anyone actually go out and ride the wheels off them?"

The answer is definitely yes.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
SuperSport

zmaniv is on a distinguished road
I walked past mine. As it sits there waiting for some more parts. Hopped onto my wife's superhawk and drove into work.
Glad she says no honey you drive the bike it gets better gas mileage and you have further to go.