RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Forum Bullies

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 AM
Back Marker

Partsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Forum Bullies

A bully could be anyone from someone you can easily avoid, to an organized criminal or someone with a great deal of political power, or anyone. You may not be able to walk away and may be forced to engage the person. Always ask yourself if there is a way to outflank the bully; that is, without confronting them head-on, is there a way you can force them to back off by applying pressure elsewhere? Keep in mind possible adverse consequences down the road. For example, you may use alternative methods to get your adversary, to back off now, but the consequence is that you have now made a permanent enemy out of a simple bully, with the possibility that they will up the ante when it comes time to serve out a cold dish of revenge. When dealing with such a person, who has some power over you, caution is the key, and sometimes you may have no choice but to appear to go along with their demands now, as you build strength, connections, power, etc. in anticipation of being able to turn the tables on them. "Or if we were in the big sandbox we could just head shoot them"...
Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
No forum is so important to me that I would stay around with people such as that. At the very least I'd put them on my blocked list and ignore them. If not that, I'd just find another forum with friendly people.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:01 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Block List FTW..
Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Partsman
A bully could be anyone from someone you can easily avoid, to an organized criminal or someone with a great deal of political power, or anyone. You may not be able to walk away and may be forced to engage the person. Always ask yourself if there is a way to outflank the bully; that is, without confronting them head-on, is there a way you can force them to back off by applying pressure elsewhere? Keep in mind possible adverse consequences down the road. For example, you may use alternative methods to get your adversary, to back off now, but the consequence is that you have now made a permanent enemy out of a simple bully, with the possibility that they will up the ante when it comes time to serve out a cold dish of revenge. When dealing with such a person, who has some power over you, caution is the key, and sometimes you may have no choice but to appear to go along with their demands now, as you build strength, connections, power, etc. in anticipation of being able to turn the tables on them. "Or if we were in the big sandbox we could just head shoot them"...
Does this mean you think there are bullies on this forum then? Just asking, not trying to make you a possible enemy...
Old 11-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Yeah that would be me..... the big bully...... Why, well because once again this guys shows up in someones thread trying to hawk parts.

In this case replacing the stock cush drive rubbers with urethane bits.

I stated why I believed it might not be a good idea. Hell I didn't even get into the possible transmission damage that could be caused buy using something with less shock absorbing qualities. The example for this would be the "clunk" when putting the bike in gear from neutral. It is normal with the design of the transmission in this bike and the cush drive rubber are there to take this shock load. Replace them with something harder and now which part of the drive line is taking the load?

The response was the OP exploding and going into a rant about how many bikes he has owened and blah blah blah.

Well instead of engaging this person I merely stated that I will never have anything to do with any of his parts and also tell anyone that asks to also stay away.

Why, well if you can't have a reasonable discussion on the merits and possible draw backs of what you are selling, then it doesn't make much sense to buy from this person.

What happens if you have a problem? Are you going to receive the same attitude.

So yeah I'm just a bully..... now tell the folks around here something they don't know.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
If you think this place is rough, I'll suggest you might be a bit on the sensitive side. Don't ever register and post on AR15.com!

I see just now you responded to my crack on your now closed "the end is near" thread that you be banned before the end of the Mayan calender.

For the record; At the time of that post I'd only seen a very few of your posts, all seemed to be about selling stuff. I had you pegged as a spammer/salesman.

If your interest in this forum actually extends beyond making a profit from the members, I retract that crack.

And "crotchety" or not, it was a joke. 'Cause it's virtually impossible to get banned from this forum.

I, and I think most members, are happy with that.

The half of a handful of people I'm aware of ever being banned here were banned only because they ripped off fellow members- received payment and failed to send a part- received a part and failed to pay.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
Yeah that would be me..... the big bully...... Why, well because once again this guys shows up in someones thread trying to hawk parts.

In this case replacing the stock cush drive rubbers with urethane bits.

I stated why I believed it might not be a good idea. Hell I didn't even get into the possible transmission damage that could be caused buy using something with less shock absorbing qualities. The example for this would be the "clunk" when putting the bike in gear from neutral. It is normal with the design of the transmission in this bike and the cush drive rubber are there to take this shock load. Replace them with something harder and now which part of the drive line is taking the load?

The response was the OP exploding and going into a rant about how many bikes he has owened and blah blah blah.

Well instead of engaging this person I merely stated that I will never have anything to do with any of his parts and also tell anyone that asks to also stay away.

Why, well if you can't have a reasonable discussion on the merits and possible draw backs of what you are selling, then it doesn't make much sense to buy from this person.

What happens if you have a problem? Are you going to receive the same attitude.

So yeah I'm just a bully..... now tell the folks around here something they don't know.

Hey "big bully". This might shock, amaze or disappoint you. I appreciate and endorse your post.

"Scarface" wasn't that great a movie, but it had a few memorable scenes.

Here's one of them...

Scarface Quote: Me, I always tell the truth. - YouTube

Ha Ha!

Last edited by RK1; 11-30-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
This thread will end as badly as the rest of his threads......
Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RK1
Hey "big bully". This might shock, amaze or disappoint you. I appreciate and endorse your post.

"Scarface" wasn't that great a movie, but it had a few memorable scenes.

Here's one of them...

Scarface Quote: Me, I always tell the truth. - YouTube

Ha Ha!
Now that was pretty funny....

I do like his last line though...... it has been tried before and that is where I got my HOGs tooth from.

Hell it was tried a few times after that also but guess who is still here.... The big old HOG bully..... if you don't know the difference between a PIG and a HOG well you can always ask....

I just find the whole thing extremely funny at this point.....

So IMHO there are 2 options at this point. Man up and discuss the issue or sit and cry that the bullies are picking on you......
Old 11-30-2011, 12:42 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
If you really want discussion , IMHO I suggest you drop the ad hominen sig

Just saying
Old 11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Now that was pretty funny....

I do like his last line though...... it has been tried before and that is where I got my HOGs tooth from.

Hell it was tried a few times after that also but guess who is still here.... The big old HOG bully..... if you don't know the difference between a PIG and a HOG well you can always ask....

I just find the whole thing extremely funny at this point.....

So IMHO there are 2 options at this point. Man up and discuss the issue or sit and cry that the bullies are picking on you......
FWIW. I never attended scout sniper school. I've been shooting and reading enough to know the difference between a HOG and a PIG. My MOA skill is pretty much untested beyond the 600 yards of the desert range I purchased and developed with two close friends. And that with the tuned up Savage heavy barrel 300 win mag and 168 bthp hand loads.

I'm no "white feather", but I've spent enough sundays shooting with LAPD friends and USMC friends to know I'm closer to a HOG than a PIG.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RK1
FWIW. I never attended scout sniper school. I've been shooting and reading enough to know the difference between a HOG and a PIG. My MOA skill is pretty much untested beyond the 600 yards of the desert range I purchased and developed with two close friends. And that with the tuned up Savage heavy barrel 300 win mag and 168 bthp hand loads.

I'm no "white feather", but I've spent enough sundays shooting with LAPD friends and USMC friends to know I'm closer to a HOG than a PIG.
The new Savage stuff is damn good..... though I still use old Winchester model 70s myself.

The 300 Win Mag does kick a bit though.... so I just have a wimpy .30-'06 and 7mm Rem Mag but they do get the job done....

Gunny Hathcock was the man (RIP) and was the speaker at our graduation. The best memory I have from that time was the day he spent on the range with us.....
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Wicky
If you really want discussion , IMHO I suggest you drop the ad hominen sig

Just saying
Then how can I keep my rep as a bully??
Old 11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
RK1
MotoGP

The new Savage stuff is damn good..... though I still use old Winchester model 70s myself.

The 300 Win Mag does kick a bit though.... so I just have a wimpy .30-'06 and 7mm Rem Mag but they do get the job done....

Gunny Hathcock was the man (RIP) and was the speaker at our graduation. The best memory I have from that time was the day he spent on the range with us.....
If you've got a Win 70 30-06 and are good with it, you're all set. I'm not especially sensitive to recoil. I love my 41 and 44 mag revolvers. Hot hand loads in my Marlin 45-70 guide gun and Ruger #1 458 win mag? No problemo. I was shooting lightweight 12 gauge shotguns when I was 9 years old.

My first outing with the 300 win mag Savage, factory loads and a 95 degree day, tee shirt from prone, 15 rounds and I was all done. Sore and purple shoulder for the rest of the week. Thereafter went with 30-06 equivalent hand loads.

Carlos Hathcock is one of our 20th century's great heroes. To few Americans appreciate that.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RK1
If you've got a Win 70 30-06 and are good with it, you're all set. I'm not especially sensitive to recoil. I love my 41 and 44 mag revolvers. Hot hand loads in my Marlin 45-70 guide gun and Ruger #1 458 win mag? No problemo. I was shooting lightweight 12 gauge shotguns when I was 9 years old.

My first outing with the 300 win mag Savage, factory loads and a 95 degree day, tee shirt from prone, 15 rounds and I was all done. Sore and purple shoulder for the rest of the week. Thereafter went with 30-06 equivalent hand loads.

Carlos Hathcock is one of our 20th century's great heroes. To few Americans appreciate that.
Well I do ok with it.... and like you recoil usually doesn't bother me too much.

Though the 300 Win Mag always gets your attention.....

I also started shooting at 9. I will also say I have a old Remington 600 in .308 that kicks like a damn mule. It's a great wild boar gun but you never really want to shoot it "just for fun"

As for Gunny Hathcock, I agree with you 100%. Also most don't realize he received his Silver Star not for shooting but for pulling 7 Marines out of a burning amtrack.

Talk about a thread jack.....lol
Old 11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
After reading the other post in question about the cush-drive rubbers, I don't really think anyone is really picking on anybody.

Like most forums, this place is a bit of an old boys club. Some of the long term members do seem to get a little "snippity" about some things, but it seems to be expected if you post up in someone elses for sale thread (just PM a potential buyer, or open a new thread.)

I've bought parts from Partsman before. Gareth is a straight up guy, although I swear he hordes superhawk parts, lol.

I use this site as a reference, and chime in when I have something to contribute... I'd bet breaking into the old boys club wouldn't be too easy...
Old 11-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
Thread is random as ****
Old 11-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by matt365
After reading the other post in question about the cush-drive rubbers, I don't really think anyone is really picking on anybody.

Like most forums, this place is a bit of an old boys club. Some of the long term members do seem to get a little "snippity" about some things, but it seems to be expected if you post up in someone elses for sale thread (just PM a potential buyer, or open a new thread.)

I've bought parts from Partsman before. Gareth is a straight up guy, although I swear he hordes superhawk parts, lol.

I use this site as a reference, and chime in when I have something to contribute... I'd bet breaking into the old boys club wouldn't be too easy...
That might be but by reading the initial post he does sound like someone who wants to plot and scheme to get someone instead of just manning up and actually talking with that person and trying to resolve the situation ..... then throw in the shoot them comment.... does that sound like a rational person to you?

So lets look at what caused this thread to be posted. I made a comment on my opinion, that urethane cush drive parts might not be a good idea to run on the street.

Now look at the reaction. So who was the one being a bully? Was it me for stating my opinion or him for getting bent out of shape and going on with the what do I know and I've had x amount of bikes?

So if I'm labeled as a bully or part of some old boys club because I ask questions or have been here for years and have actually tried to add to the content here and help folks instead of just hawking parts, then so be it.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:21 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Well

I will also say I have a old Remington 600 in .308 that kicks like a damn mule.
Lucky you. I've always coveted a Rem 600 in 350 Rem Mag. If they'd produced them with a left hand bolt, I'd probably pay the price. Whatever it was.

Recoil? Whatever you feel from prone or the bench is meaningless when compared to shooting at game while standing on your two hind legs.

PS Once you've got your M1A, FN-FAL, and G3, all other .308s are icing on the cake!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys thanks for the amusement. I've been sick and in need of something to buoy my spirits. Several other threads recently have helped, too.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RK1
Lucky you. I've always coveted a Rem 600 in 350 Rem Mag. If they'd produced them with a left hand bolt, I'd probably pay the price. Whatever it was.

Recoil? Whatever you feel from prone or the bench is meaningless when compared to shooting at game while standing on your two hind legs.

PS Once you've got your M1A, FN-FAL, and G3, all other .308s are icing on the cake!
I don't know if i would really want to fire one in 350 Rem Mag.....
I can't remember ever putting more than 4 rounds in a row out of mine in .308

Between the recoil and the short barrel heating up and start stringing them high after the second round I just never felt the need to fire it more than that.

I'm more of a bolt gun guy myself..... I wonder how that happened...
But I have resisted picking up an M1A for the same reason I've stayed away from a Rem 700..... The M1A would be turned into an M21 where the 700 would get the M40 treatment and I really don't need a tactical rifle.

Though I do have a M1 Garand that has a 5 digit S\N made by Springfield Armory (the old one not the new one....) that is in near mint condition..... and to give you an idea of how old it really is, the cleaning kit in the stock isn't the normal brass but is nickle plated.... Now that is another fun stick

Last edited by 8541Hawk; 11-30-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:02 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Well I do ok with it.... and like you recoil usually doesn't bother me too much.

Though the 300 Win Mag always gets your attention.....

I also started shooting at 9. I will also say I have a old Remington 600 in .308 that kicks like a damn mule. It's a great wild boar gun but you never really want to shoot it "just for fun"

As for Gunny Hathcock, I agree with you 100%. Also most don't realize he received his Silver Star not for shooting but for pulling 7 Marines out of a burning amtrack.

Talk about a thread jack.....lol
The 600 with the plastic vented rib?? Hell yeah, my pops has one. I lent it to a buddy(bit of a tool) for hunting and he dropped it while we were walking down a road, snapping the stock and denting the scope. I purchased a laminated stock for it, cut trimmed and fitted it, added a recoil pad, and will soon be adding a new scope. The scope didn't end up off at all, and the gun picked up some weight with the stock and now is very shootable. I am going to start using that for my woods gun. Love it.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by autoteach
The 600 with the plastic vented rib?? Hell yeah, my pops has one. I lent it to a buddy(bit of a tool) for hunting and he dropped it while we were walking down a road, snapping the stock and denting the scope. I purchased a laminated stock for it, cut trimmed and fitted it, added a recoil pad, and will soon be adding a new scope. The scope didn't end up off at all, and the gun picked up some weight with the stock and now is very shootable. I am going to start using that for my woods gun. Love it.
That's the one..... they are a great little stick
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM
SuperBike

next time it is in my possession I will get a picture.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 PM
SuperBike

And, to the OP...
As I tell my students, in the words of Justin Randall Timberlake, Cry Me a River.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Banned
MotoGP

next time it is in my possession I will get a picture.
Have you seen this?

Safety Modification Program - Shotgun Safety Modification - Rifle Safety Modification
Old 11-30-2011, 06:32 PM
SuperBike

Nope, we still have the old style. I let my dad know, but I am not sure if he will want to send the rifle anywhere. He is a little protective or such things.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM
1998 superhawk mods.
Squid

ebbhead is on a distinguished road
Too funny..

I too have bought parts from Gareth, I second that he is a stand up guy and sells for way less than reasonable. He could be on Ebay making three times as much and ballon up the price, so I appreciate him around with his hoarding superhawk parts, even if it is in a post somewhere.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Nope, we still have the old style. I let my dad know, but I am not sure if he will want to send the rifle anywhere. He is a little protective or such things.
No worries and very understandable but the ability load and unload the weapon while in the "safe" position can be a good thing..... and one of the reasons I like my Winchesters....

Last edited by 8541Hawk; 11-30-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road

don't take bullies personal Partsman. Many people need to win or best someone in order to feel good about themselves. Poor self-concept or low self esteem make it difficult to be rational or accept other viewpoints w/o viewing them as challenges to their fragile egos. People like this aren't worth the efforts unless it's to the point of physical, then it's time to deal the "big sandbox" hand. Until then, ignore them and let them make asses out of themselves and they may eventually figure out who won what. Like I always say,"we're all ********, some of us just don't realize it".

Quick Reply: Forum Bullies