RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

can't win fer losing.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:40 AM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
Not exactly a schedule on them. However the mechanic told me they generally (not always ) last apx 30k. I only have 19.5k on them . And yes the only true way to test is the side to side play test. Every time you change tires is a good time to check. Fronts were good and only 2 of the 3 rears were bad. But replaced all 3.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Got plans for your next mod? Maybe MCCTs or new O.E.M. CCTs? Just did mine 2 days ago( MCCTs). Got about 67K on mine though. Mostly conservative riding now-a days(Sport-Touring). But what a piece of mind now. Been using the VFR during this time till I got my MCCTs in. Sure missed the S/H. But gear driven cams have a nice sound and no CCTs. No where near the pull and sound of the V-Twin though. Hope to ride more.

Enjoy your Ride
Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

probably goto OEM cct's as I am not feeling it going into the case and adjusting those, prefer not to. had them checked and were doing fine so far (one can never know) besides as far as I can tell (if your not into the case occasionally) either can go and your still back at square 1 .
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

oh as for next mod...well sorta , I did some cosmetic work (temp till I can afford or find a cheep tank) bodoe'd the ugly big dent that prior owner put into the tank lol.

Attached Thumbnails can't win fer losing.-1338768129269.jpg   can't win fer losing.-1338768114785.jpg  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 PM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Very nice bike, like the contrast of colors. Mine is stock Italian Red though, but the yellow and black looks kool. (I don't see any bondo).

As you seem to prefer to have work done by outside sourse, I would just keep the maintance schedules(especially with the CCTs) and do what your can to avoid stressing them(idling on side stand, sudden chopping of throttle, etc.) I have run O.E.M. tentioners up until a few days ago(got about 67K on her now). But I do not think that I have ever chopped the throtlle at upper RPMs more than a few times (not into rear slides). I do use engine braking a lot on the curvey mountain roads. Keeping her in 2nd or 3rd and just play with the throttle. Seems to me more like a front wheel drive car where it "pulls" you through the turn(torque). Been through turns faster and in more control than some of my 4inline riding buddies(used to ride a lot with a good bud on a CBR929). On a very tight course it would be really fun for me. Those were the days of wearing full leathers with toe sliders and pucks on the road. Seems like a life time ago.

I feel that the main thing is that you enjoy your ride and ride equiptment safe for the ride( bike and gear)(ATGATT). I have not put on my full leathers on for the street for years. I noticed that it used to give me this "Superman" false security, feeling indestructable I do wear zip togethers, but not the full 360 degree zips) on the street(sport-touring). I may one day if I feel the need, by my self on a good clear dry day.

Anyways, glad your got your bike together. Now just Ride Well/Safe, and ENJOY!!