Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

A truce may be in the works

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:30 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
A truce may be in the works

I've kept my mouth shut this last week waiting for the shoe to fall on the next episode of OEM vs DMG. Surprisingly, refreshingly there has been no news.

The OEM's did not announce their rival series on Wednesday as reported they would. And there was absolutely no mention in the motorcycle press about the meeting of the track owners with DMG that was supposed to happen on Thursday.

A coincidence, I think not. Maybe the "Cooler Heads" I've been looking for are in fact the track owners/promoters telling both parties that they need each other in order to be successful.

I also don't believe the teardown of Mladins bike is unrelated, it may be DMG's message that they will enforce the rules to the OEM's(which I heartily support and have said so in other threads) and for which the AMA for years has done the old "wink and Nod".

If that is their message (DMG's) that the rules will be enforced but we can work together on the class structure then I think the OEM's can and probably will come back to the table.

DMG will probaby have to accept existing class structures for 09 and negotiate 2010 (as the track owners proposed) but it saves Roadracing for at least another year.

Lets see what develops next week!!