Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

Laguna........

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Squid
Squid

dpg23 is on a distinguished road
Laguna........

I am quite surprised no one has mentioned the fact Laguna Seca has been dropped from 2014 MotoGP schedule....
I have been going every year since it came back in 2005! WSBK in 2004, not to mention GP in the late 70's and early 80's.
I find it truly disgusting a track as outstanding as Laguna, got dumped for Indy! Indy... really? Yes, yes I know it's about ticket sales, but come-on!
Ask the racers where they would rather ride? The Laguna course makes for such a better race, hands-down!!!
It's my understanding, Dorna Sports S.L., the commercial rights holder and controller of MotoGP are based in Spain, which has 4 races on the schedule....******!!!
Just truly bummed about loosing such an event and three days of motorcycle bliss! I can't be the only one?
I guess it's WSBK for now.....or a trip to Texas?.........................Maybe this could go in the Rant Posts as well?
Attached Thumbnails Laguna........-cs.jpg  
Old 01-08-2014, 07:25 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
I'm so bummed about it too! From what I heard, dorna decided it was "unfair" to hold 3 races in the U.S. So one of the three, laguna, Texas, or Indy had to go. So they basically had a bid off between the 3. And since laguna seca is actually owned by the county and is a non profit organization, they couldn't match the funds put up by circuit of the Americas and Indy hence there is no longer laguna on the circuit. But I also heard they are trying to bring it back within the next 1-3 years so we will see. Super pissed about it though.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Squid
Squid

Originally Posted by jscobey
I'm so bummed about it too! From what I heard, dorna decided it was "unfair" to hold 3 races in the U.S. So one of the three, laguna, Texas, or Indy had to go. So they basically had a bid off between the 3. And since laguna seca is actually owned by the county and is a non profit organization, they couldn't match the funds put up by circuit of the Americas and Indy hence there is no longer laguna on the circuit. But I also heard they are trying to bring it back within the next 1-3 years so we will see. Super pissed about it though.
Didn't think I could be the only one and just found Wolverine's rant below as well! Couldn't have said It any better...........

Wolverine
SuperBike

Now that Fking pises me off
No MotoGP @ Laguna Seca next year? WTF??? Indy SUCKS!!! It's flat!!! What a bunch of bullshit!!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:55 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
and what pisses me off more is spain gets FOUR?! indy has got to be one of my least favorite races in the championship but i do have to say i am a fan of the circuit of the americas. still not as exciting as laguna though. how many other tracks have a 10 story downhill chicane? ill tell you.... NONE!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Back Marker

slo1 is on a distinguished road
Laguna has always been an awesome experience. The races, Cannery Row, riding the Sierra's to get there, etc.

Guess I could ride across Kansas........NOT
Old 01-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Squid
Squid

Originally Posted by jscobey
and what pisses me off more is spain gets FOUR?! indy has got to be one of my least favorite races in the championship but i do have to say i am a fan of the circuit of the americas. still not as exciting as laguna though. how many other tracks have a 10 story downhill chicane? ill tell you.... NONE!
Yes... I was excited for Austin, long before I ever saw anything of it. How cool...another world class course in the US. All the while I believed it would only replace Indy? And as awesome as TEXAS is....Laguna is still the ****!!!

These pic,s are for slo1, and remember brother (sol1), there is always Oklahoma, after Wichita.... I have always stayed, played, seen munch!!! and oh yeah...the races too!!!!

These photos not only give a glimpse of what Laguna Seca may have meant ...what I believe to be a great number of people whom have enjoyed this GREAT VENUE in the recent past, might inspire (not hope)....Only a determination to bring this race back to Laguna Period
Attached Thumbnails Laguna........-047.jpg   Laguna........-069.jpg   Laguna........-la.jpg   Laguna........-1-191-.jpg   Laguna........-7-49-.jpg  

Old 01-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Back Marker

slo1 is on a distinguished road
Yep, Laguna rules
Attached Thumbnails Laguna........-laguna-2005-021.jpg   Laguna........-laguna-06-121.jpg   Laguna........-laguna-06-146.jpg   Laguna........-laguna-06-009.jpg   Laguna........-laguna-06-104.jpg  

Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by slo1
Laguna has always been an awesome experience. The races, Cannery Row, riding the Sierra's to get there, etc

Loved the races and the track, but not the ingress/egress to the facility and the $50 motel rooms for $300+...
Old 01-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
It does blow motoGP isn't coming in 2014 I snapped a few pics from bike night you all may like.
Attached Thumbnails Laguna........-bikesoncanneryrow_01.jpg   Laguna........-bikesoncanneryrow_02.jpg   Laguna........-bikesoncanneryrow_22.jpg   Laguna........-bikesoncanneryrow_19.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Squid
Squid

Originally Posted by Letsrideinsc
It does blow motoGP isn't coming in 2014 I snapped a few pics from bike night you all may like.
Didn't have the pleasure to see those RZV 500 R V4's
Thanks, D.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:34 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
All these awesome pics are adding fuel to the fire. I hope someday Laguna makes significant changes. Here is a pic from my camera that I will never forget!!
Name:  DSC04550.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  49.3 KB

I would absolutely love to do a track day there!