General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Laguna Seca MotoGP

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Superstock

Brian A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Laguna Seca MotoGP

Flying in from Birmingham on Thursday. Leaving Monday.

I got the Hospitality Package. Seats across from paddock, covered hospitality tent with buffet lunch and breakfast, paddock pass, parking, etc.

I can't wait !!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Squid

blight

I'm going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...don't want to miss a minute! I live about 1.5 miles from Laguna Seca and I already have a houseful of old biker friends also makin' the pilgrimage.

This sounds like it will be a record setter event for track attendance...some local media have estimated over 140,000 fans may be in attendance!

Cannery Row bike-night Saturday will be AMAZING! They actually tow away cars that are parked on the Row after 4:00 pm to close it down for bikes ONLY lining both sides of the street for blocks!!

For those of you that can't make it, at least watch the races on SPEED---I think they are doing same-day coverage of the AMA and MOTOGP events over the weekend.

Woooohoooo!! I'm ready...AMA SB races are always great fun... and THEN bring on the 990cc GP 4 strokes!! Rossi will probably win, but then again, he's never raced on this challenging track! The top Americans, namely Edwards and Hayden have, and it just might give them an edge. But then again...

Cheers and I hope everyone attending has a great time. I'll ride my SSS Superhawk to the track Friday and Sunday, but will ride the Kawasaki H1 500 triple on Saturday so I can take her down to the Row after the races. A big nostalgic crowd always gathers around the old smoker and it's always fun to kick-start 'er up and let them hear a 30 year old 2-stroke triple (with expansion chambers) that actually runs.

Cheers,
Brian Light
Old 06-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Squid

blight

Originally Posted by rc996";p=&quot
I probably saw you at bike night on your Kwak three years ago. I've heard that bike night is not the same...

I'm not sure what the parking will be like this year with the huge crowds. Last time I went I parked at the bottom of Fox Hill.
Parking will be a drag everywhere...just get where you're going early to allow time for stop & go traffic.

Have a great time!

Cheers,
BKL