Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

JS7 arrested

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
JS7 arrested

It make you wonder what the hell he was thinking.......

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1565867.story

Motocross champ James Stewart charged with impersonating an officer

Motocross champ James "Bubba" Stewart was arrested Monday on a charge of impersonating a police officer. (March 27, 2011)

A Central Florida motocross champion whose website calls him "the Tiger Woods of supercross" was arrested Monday on a charge of impersonating a police officer, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

James "Bubba" Stewart Jr., 25, was driving a 2008 Toyota Tundra pickup northbound on State Road 417 at 4:50 p.m. when he tried to stop another vehicle using red and blue police-type lights, troopers said.

Unfortunately for Stewart, the vehicle contained two off-duty highway-patrol troopers, who suspected that the pickup was not an undercover police truck.

As Stewart pulled alongside the vehicle, the driver identified himself as a law officer. That's when Stewart, who had a passenger in the pickup, sped off, the highway patrol said.

The troopers called 911, and an Orange County deputy sheriff and an Orlando police officer stopped Stewart at Orlando International Airport.

Troopers arrived and arrested Stewart. His passenger, Thames Jehrrod Quinault, 44, of California, was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence. Investigators say he hid the red and blue lights in his luggage.

Supercross.com says Stewart is known to his fans as "the fastest man on the planet." Supercross races are run on manmade tracks, mostly in major stadiums. The races include large jumps and obstacles.

Property records show that Stewart lives in a six-bedroom, 71/2-bathroom house worth $3 million in the Bay Hill community, near Isleworth.

According to his website, Stewart began riding a dirt bike when he was 3 years old and entered his first race the following year. He practiced on 40 acres that his father bought in 1997 in Haines City, which is his hometown, according to the website.

Teen People named Stewart one of "20 teens who will change the world" in 2003, and he has been featured in publications including Rolling Stone, Maxim and GQ, according to the website.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
stoopid
Old 03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Squid

majordomo490 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like BS to me.
They pulled up alongside a speeder and told him to slow down. Nothing wrong with that just doing a public service. No fake ID and no fake uniforms.
Next time I stop a mugger am I going to be charged with impersonating an officer? Stewart should be commended for keeping our highways safe.
Notice that the trooper never mentions how fast the off duty cops were going.
Stewart should not have left the scene though- that was dumb.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
^^ Dude, you're retarded. You really think he was trying to keep the highways safe? Seriously?

The "Tiger Woods of Motocross" sounds about right, uncanny skill and no sense. I bet he'll get jailtime for that. If i'm not mistaken impersonating an officer is a felony.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by majordomo490
Sounds like BS to me.
They pulled up alongside a speeder and told him to slow down. Nothing wrong with that just doing a public service. No fake ID and no fake uniforms.
Next time I stop a mugger am I going to be charged with impersonating an officer? Stewart should be commended for keeping our highways safe.
Notice that the trooper never mentions how fast the off duty cops were going.
Stewart should not have left the scene though- that was dumb.
Yeah he did absolutely nothing wrong....... those red & blue lights on the dash that he turned on were just party decorations.......

Impersonating an officer lands motocross champ James Stewart in jail -- OrlandoSentinel.com
Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
No way does he get jailtime. Seems like a bizarre way to get tagged. They will give him a fine & send him along. Its not like he killed someone & took off in a white bronco. Oh except he'd get off then too............
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by NooB
^^ Dude, you're retarded. You really think he was trying to keep the highways safe? Seriously?

The "Tiger Woods of Motocross" sounds about right, uncanny skill and no sense. I bet he'll get jailtime for that. If i'm not mistaken impersonating an officer is a felony.
You have obviously never chased anyone down for running a red light and nearly killing you only to find out the ***** is an uninsured driver. Or have someone rearend you and then take off when you are laying in the street. Sorry, I just don't see how using flashing lights to slow someone down is impersonating a police officer, not even close.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
You have obviously never chased anyone down for running a red light and nearly killing you only to find out the ***** is an uninsured driver. Or have someone rearend you and then take off when you are laying in the street. Sorry, I just don't see how using flashing lights to slow someone down is impersonating a police officer, not even close.
It's not just flashing lights, it's BLUE flashing lights. If it wasn't serious, it wouldn't be a felony and they would not have confiscated (forfeiture, not just temporary custody for evidence) the truck.
Stewart and his passenger may have had a valid reason to warn the the off-duty cops but the use of the blue lights crossed the line.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
I personally haven't tried those exact scenarios, but close to them... And at no time did I try to identify myself as a police officer... "Bubba" clearly did that by using flashing colored lights...

The law clearly states in just about any country and US state that several combinations of flashing colored light are reserved for law officials and emergency vehicles... Nobody else are allowed to use them, for just this reason...

This is something a ten year old kid can tell you... So he knew people would think he was a cop... He knew it was illegal (he took off and then he hid the lights!), and still he was dumb enough to do it... So he pays the price...
Old 03-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
And according to the story, he used red and blue lights AND said he was a law officer. Then to top it off, he sped away. Doesn't sound like a good Samaritan to me . . .

I do agree, though, that this story doesn't make a lot of sense. But neither did Tiger's story.

Edit: I think I read the story wrong the first time. I guess it was the officer who identified himself as an officer, not Stewart.

Last edited by evines; 03-30-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Sorry Bubba, you are a dumbass. WTF were you thinking????

Impersonating a police officer is a SERIOUS offense.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Squid

ima98chickenhawk is on a distinguished road
major calm down brother. the use of a blue flashing light is considered impersonating an officer, its the same thing as wearing the uni or holding up a fake badge, here in FL at least. this isn't the first time or the worst incident ive heard of but there is a time and place. chasing someone down to tell them they almost hit you or tripping a purse snatcher is noble. telling a random citizen your a cop just to get their attention is left friggin field man. your hearts in the right place but your blurring the lines. ride safe and watch your *** for the uninsured crazies out there.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Squid

I watched the interview with the trooper so I can only go by what the official spokesperson of the FHP has stated, whatever led up to it or happened after she doesn't say.
She said Stewart pulled alongside the car, the passenger rolled down the window and the passenger yelled at the driver. Wasn't wearing a police uniform and did not i.d. himself as a cop. When the speeder i.d. himself as a cop the spokesperson does not say that he requested Stewart to pull over and await uniformed officers. In all likelyhood from the height of the truck they could not even see the driver to give him any kind of command and he would not have seen the badge flashed to the passenger.
Police procedure is to pull in behind the stopped vehicle Stewart didn't even do that.
Google "BART Police shooting" and you might understand why he took off.
Unauthorized use of emergency lights yes but that's it.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by ima98chickenhawk
major calm down brother. the use of a blue flashing light is considered impersonating an officer, its the same thing as wearing the uni or holding up a fake badge, here in FL at least. this isn't the first time or the worst incident ive heard of but there is a time and place. chasing someone down to tell them they almost hit you or tripping a purse snatcher is noble. telling a random citizen your a cop just to get their attention is left friggin field man. your hearts in the right place but your blurring the lines. ride safe and watch your *** for the uninsured crazies out there.
Peace Bro'
Old 03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
There is a saying that goes: Trouble is hard to find if you don't go looking for it.
There is another saying (mine): Stay out of the legal system if you can't afford a good attorney.
He will be fine (dumb ***).
Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Banned
MotoGP

Google "BART Police shooting" and you might understand why he took off.
Either you are stretching things about as far as they can possibly go or you're high as ****.....

How is the Bart shooting and mounting red & blue lights on your dash and pulling someone over in anyway, shape or form related?

When he lit up the red & blue lights, he identified himself as an officer. Maybe he didn't say the words but that is what the lights imply. That is why the real officers pulled over. Even though they had never seen a official vehicle of that configuration, the lights told them it was an officer and they complied with the law.....

Now if they do nothing about it, anyone can refuse to stop as they can just say they though Bubba was messing with them...... not a good thing.

The guy is an idiot and maybe has crashed that dirt bike one to many times.....
Old 03-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Squid

No, I am not high or a retard but thanks for asking.

Here is the Florida law regarding use of emergency lights. Read it for yourself.
Maybe Hawk and Noob can find the part that says using emergency lights = impersonating an officer. I don't see it there.

843.081 Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty
(1) The Legislature finds and declares that Florida's citizens are vulnerable to becoming the victims of
criminal acts through the illegal use of blue lights by the criminal elements. It is the intent of the Legislature
to reduce this vulnerability to injury and loss of life and property by prohibiting the use of certain blue lights
by any person other than an authorized law enforcement officer.

(2) It is unlawful for a person to use in or on any non-governmentally owned vehicle or vessel any flashing or
rotating blue light unless such person is a law enforcement officer employed by a federal, state, county, or
city law enforcement agency or is a person appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.

(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to sales persons, service representatives, or other employees
of businesses licensed to sell or repair law enforcement equipment.

(4) For the purposes of this section, the term "flashing or rotating blue light" includes all forms of lights
which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source
whether or not such light is actually in use.

(5) Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree,
punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775
Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Squid

here ya go brother
Woman allegedly raped by fake cop testifies
this happened less than five min from where i lived. this is why what he did is wrong, this woman pulled over and let this man who was never a cop a day in his life get too close to her. this could have been my wife or my cousin. or any of my friends in my area. im not saying that BART cop was in the right but this is an innocent woman on her way home to her family after a day at work. he ruined her life and he used a symbol which she was taught from a young age to trust. every time i see a cop or take my daughter to the fire house to meet my buddies i tell her if ever there is a problem run to these people. if im not there or im hurt run here. she knows how to dial 911 and she knows how to get to TFD st 7 if something happens to me and shes only 4. if someone thought to use an ambulance to trick her i would hope that that person would be convicted of the maximum penalty afforded by law.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Squid

and that story pretty much incorporates all of xeris's sayings haha
Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
No, I am not high or a retard but thanks for asking.

Here is the Florida law regarding use of emergency lights. Read it for yourself.
Maybe Hawk and Noob can find the part that says using emergency lights = impersonating an officer. I don't see it there.

843.081 Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty
(1) The Legislature finds and declares that Florida's citizens are vulnerable to becoming the victims of
criminal acts through the illegal use of blue lights by the criminal elements. It is the intent of the Legislature
to reduce this vulnerability to injury and loss of life and property by prohibiting the use of certain blue lights
by any person other than an authorized law enforcement officer.

(2) It is unlawful for a person to use in or on any non-governmentally owned vehicle or vessel any flashing or
rotating blue light unless such person is a law enforcement officer employed by a federal, state, county, or
city law enforcement agency or is a person appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.

(3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to sales persons, service representatives, or other employees
of businesses licensed to sell or repair law enforcement equipment.

(4) For the purposes of this section, the term "flashing or rotating blue light" includes all forms of lights
which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source
whether or not such light is actually in use.

(5) Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree,
punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775
Well... regardless of you position of the rest of this argument, even you have to admit that the text you just quoted clearly says that it's illegal to do what "Bubba" did, since he did use flashing blue lights, Right!?

And even if you happen to be trying to prove the opposite, it takes a lot of eye squinting and head shaking not too see the fairly obvious conclusion that comes from reading point 1 in that list...

If it's expressly forbidden for anyone not a police officer to use said lights, and "Bubba" put's them on his truck, pulls someone over with them, that implies that he is posing as a police officer simply by having the lights...

And with him pulling someone over, following correct procedure or not doesn't really matter, he still re-affirms the fact that he is expecting the one's that sees those lights to think he is a cop... If that isn't impersonating an police officer, you tell me what qualifies, because the only thing missing then, is the fake badge and uniform...
Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Squid

I NEVER said that what he did was not illegal. And I NEVER said that impersonating an officer is OK. Where did you get that from?
What I DID say was use of emergency lights in itself cannot also be the crime of impersonating an officer.
The FHP can charge him with numerous offenses which is SOP. Unless he did something not reported by the spokesperson regarding impersonating an officer, that charge will be hard to make stick.
I'm saying no more, I don't even like Supercross!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
I find it funny, MajorDo... That your opinion, and arguement has changed, -- After you supplied the group, with the State stature for impersonating an LEO...
Maybe OL' Bubba should have used a Green or Yellow strobe light for his party decorations... Ha Ha....
FL. will collect sum money(like he doesn't have any to spend), and bubba will keep that on his record- as a reminder
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Stop feeding the troll! In all honesty this is a good thing for Florida, if they play their cards right it could be an easy windfall for the states budget crisis.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NooB
Stop feeding the troll!
EXACTLY!!

Considering he provided proof against his own arguement!

Right there! Unless such person is a law enforcement officer.... So it is safe for the average citizen to assume that if there are blue lights flashing, that person is a law enforcement officer. If a person uses blue lights and are not a law enforcement officer, they are impersonating one.

That's easy enough to understand. Majordomo must have comprehension problems, not necessarily retardation, although, by the definition of the word it does mean "slow", not necessarily mental.

Actually, my father told it to me this way a long time ago, the difference between Dumb, Ignorant and Stupid:
Dumb: You can't comprehend
Ignorant: You haven't been informed/taught
Stupid: You have been informed/taught but you knowing choose to do otherwise.

Majordomo, you fall into the stupid category. You have provided the law to us, so that means you are informed. You knowingly choose to state that Stewart did nothing wrong.

Have a nice day!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Squid

Jessehawk111611 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a stunt to get in the motorcycle news and its all the cops trying to be hard on a cleb and like another post said the to off duty cops were speeding and im sure thats all being over looked so the story tells you what law enforment means you are above the law and have the right to do what you want when you want and is that really a 911 worthy call so im sure im going to get some hating on for this
post but oh well i would say its freedom of speach but thats a lie theres no such thing anymore
Old 04-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Squid

Jessehawk111611 is on a distinguished road
Ok so after reading some post i have come to this also hes a prankster and goofs off all the time what about this he was goofing off in the truck with the light the cops car thought he was a cop and pulled over thay stop to say that thay wernt cops and than ran when the officers showed id but that could be a long shot ok im really done now lol time to put those miles on the hawk as we should all do happy and safe riding to all
Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Über Member
Superstock

justinity is on a distinguished road
Sucks... He lost a nice truck.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Superhawk11610
Sounds like a stunt to get in the motorcycle news and its all the cops trying to be hard on a cleb and like another post said the to off duty cops were speeding and im sure thats all being over looked so the story tells you what law enforment means you are above the law and have the right to do what you want when you want and is that really a 911 worthy call so im sure im going to get some hating on for this
post but oh well i would say its freedom of speach but thats a lie theres no such thing anymore
Freedom of speech still lives. Just use punctuation, spell check, and coherent thought. And don't forget to breath.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
SH11610, back up your statement. Where in the article does it say that the officers were speeding?

Picking on a celeb? The same celeb who decides to try to outrun a LEO after the LEO identified himself as such. The same celeb who willingly impersonated a LEO. The same celeb who allowed his passenger, and in FL the driver is responsible for his passengers, to try to conceal (hence the tampering with evidence charge) the lights used to impersonate an officer.

I'm calling your bluff. Where does it say that JS was attempting to pull them over for speeding?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

geekonamotorcycle is on a distinguished road
It is illegal here in florida to have red and blue lights. Even if you have them on your bike for decoration you may not have them turned on while riding. even if they dont flash. using them to pull someone over is certainly impersonating an officer. They dont **** around in florida either.

Quick Reply: JS7 arrested