Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

HOW DID PHILIP ISLAND SNEAK UP?? WSB!!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:32 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
HOW DID PHILIP ISLAND SNEAK UP?? WSB!!

What the heck happened? Are we all sleeping out the winter? World Super Bike kicked off the season today on SPEED!!!!!!!!! Thank God my dvr was programed!. Wow, my northeast race season will be here before I know it! A few motogp guys on the grid now; toseland, vermulen, guintoli. Not to spoil it but 2 of the podium finishers had high speed crashes in practice.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
It was a good couple of races.....
Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
What the heck happened? Are we all sleeping out the winter? World Super Bike kicked off the season today on SPEED!!!!!!!!! Thank God my dvr was programed!. Wow, my northeast race season will be here before I know it! A few motogp guys on the grid now; toseland, vermulen, guintoli. Not to spoil it but 2 of the podium finishers had high speed crashes in practice.
I hear ya. I just happened to check speed channel and discovered it was on an hour before the races. Dynamite racing, spring is closing in on us here in the northeast fast and I'm glad of it.

Spring Fever: Had my XR out 3 times in the snow so far(with my fabbed chains) and got the hell shook out of me with the deep crudded snow flailing me back and forth rather violently at times. What's that chiropractor's number?

The chains work well in light powder(even at 5 ") and in heavy snow if it's only a few inches or less. However look out for that deep crud-type snow, and ice and other hidden surprises, or you'll be trying to pick the bike up out of the snow yourself as it keeps sliding sideways when you try to lift it upwards. HoHoHo as Santa would say.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Squid
Squid

Dnagmour is on a distinguished road
Could be worse. My DVR was set but my daughter thought a new Hanah Montana episode was more important. Doh . . .
Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Dnagmour
Could be worse. My DVR was set but my daughter thought a new Hanah Montana episode was more important. Doh . . .
i guess it was to her, dah.... we get it again on tuesday on speed. you might get lucky.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
Why does my DVR say Race 2 is from silverstone?? I havent watched it yet but i was very confused...i guess ill confirm tonight..
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by lynchie
Why does my DVR say Race 2 is from silverstone?? I havent watched it yet but i was very confused...i guess ill confirm tonight..

maybe you're recording last year's races

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/calendar-e-circuits.html
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nath981
maybe you're recording last year's races

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/calendar-e-circuits.html
Nah, mine said Silverstone, too, but it was really Phillip Island... cable company typo I suppose.

Good races. A few of us got together at my friend's house. Big flat screen and stadium seating for eight. Good times.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:34 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Nah, mine said Silverstone, too, but it was really Phillip Island... cable company typo I suppose.

Good races. A few of us got together at my friend's house. Big flat screen and stadium seating for eight. Good times.
ok thanx. Hey, were so fortunate that the TV moguls even afford us any motorcycle programming whatso ever. Thank you lord. We must be second rate citizens, with two horse racing channels, golf and religious channels, cooking, stupid **** everywhere.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
Great racing...Phillip Island always delivers. That turn #1 scares me sh**less, I can't imagine the ***** needed to commit at that speed.
Great win by Leon Haslam (Go Brits!), I watched his dad, Ron, race all through the mid 70's and 80's and he's a bit of a Joey Dunlop in his own right...he can ride anything and make it work.
Leon's uncle, Phil Haslam, was killed late 70's in a freak race accident, but the Haslams never lost their focus...good on them!
And as for race #2, go Carlos! He's been around since Christ was a cowboy and deserves a win...and on a non-factory bike!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CANADAVTR
Great racing...Phillip Island always delivers. That turn #1 scares me sh**less, I can't imagine the ***** needed to commit at that speed.
Great win by Leon Haslam (Go Brits!), I watched his dad, Ron, race all through the mid 70's and 80's and he's a bit of a Joey Dunlop in his own right...he can ride anything and make it work.
Leon's uncle, Phil Haslam, was killed late 70's in a freak race accident, but the Haslams never lost their focus...good on them!
And as for race #2, go Carlos! He's been around since Christ was a cowboy and deserves a win...and on a non-factory bike!
All good but a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet.....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
Ooops! Hadn't considered that...sorry Hawk....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CANADAVTR
Ooops! Hadn't considered that...sorry Hawk....
Hey don't worry about me, I watched them Sun......
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
that first race was too close to call! so much for the crappy speed channel HD though... it is weak at best.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by skoshere
that first race was too close to call! so much for the crappy speed channel HD though... it is weak at best.
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the races, blurry and out of focus much of the time. The lowest rung auto races, seem to use better video feeds than we saw yesterday.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I was watching Hockey! (see "O Canada" thread) But I checked out a few minutes between periods.

Not a good start of the season for Roger Lee.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by trackdayhawk
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the races, blurry and out of focus much of the time. The lowest rung auto races, seem to use better video feeds than we saw yesterday.
Me too. Going from The Gold Medal Game on NBC HD to Speed HD, the fuzzyness was really apparent. I even switched to regular (not HD) Speed Channel, and there wasn't a noticeable difference.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
MotoGP

and wouldn't it be nice to have a couple hours coverage to interview riders and others about the bikes, tires engines,riding styles, etc., instead of just stupid bs-ing through the race. And how bout some slow motion shot of passes, lean angle, turns, wrecks. **** poor coverage IMO. We're being summarily starved for chris sakes.