SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   HOW DID PHILIP ISLAND SNEAK UP?? WSB!! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/how-did-philip-island-sneak-up-wsb-21672/)

smokinjoe73 02-28-2010 10:32 PM

HOW DID PHILIP ISLAND SNEAK UP?? WSB!!

What the heck happened? Are we all sleeping out the winter? World Super Bike kicked off the season today on SPEED!!!!!!!!! Thank God my dvr was programed!. Wow, my northeast race season will be here before I know it! A few motogp guys on the grid now; toseland, vermulen, guintoli. Not to spoil it but 2 of the podium finishers had high speed crashes in practice.

8541Hawk 02-28-2010 11:07 PM

It was a good couple of races..... :D

nath981 03-01-2010 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 255682)
What the heck happened? Are we all sleeping out the winter? World Super Bike kicked off the season today on SPEED!!!!!!!!! Thank God my dvr was programed!. Wow, my northeast race season will be here before I know it! A few motogp guys on the grid now; toseland, vermulen, guintoli. Not to spoil it but 2 of the podium finishers had high speed crashes in practice.

I hear ya. I just happened to check speed channel and discovered it was on an hour before the races. Dynamite racing, spring is closing in on us here in the northeast fast and I'm glad of it.

Spring Fever: Had my XR out 3 times in the snow so far(with my fabbed chains) and got the hell shook out of me with the deep crudded snow flailing me back and forth rather violently at times. What's that chiropractor's number?

The chains work well in light powder(even at 5 ") and in heavy snow if it's only a few inches or less. However look out for that deep crud-type snow, and ice and other hidden surprises, or you'll be trying to pick the bike up out of the snow yourself as it keeps sliding sideways when you try to lift it upwards. HoHoHo as Santa would say. :D

Dnagmour 03-01-2010 11:32 AM

Could be worse. My DVR was set but my daughter thought a new Hanah Montana episode was more important. Doh . . .

nath981 03-01-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dnagmour (Post 255734)
Could be worse. My DVR was set but my daughter thought a new Hanah Montana episode was more important. Doh . . .

i guess it was to her, dah....:D we get it again on tuesday on speed. you might get lucky.

lynchie 03-01-2010 11:46 AM

Why does my DVR say Race 2 is from silverstone?? I havent watched it yet but i was very confused...i guess ill confirm tonight..

nath981 03-01-2010 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by lynchie (Post 255739)
Why does my DVR say Race 2 is from silverstone?? I havent watched it yet but i was very confused...i guess ill confirm tonight..

maybe you're recording last year's races

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/calendar-e-circuits.html

L8RGYZ 03-01-2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by nath981 (Post 255743)
maybe you're recording last year's races

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/calendar-e-circuits.html

Nah, mine said Silverstone, too, but it was really Phillip Island... cable company typo I suppose.

Good races. A few of us got together at my friend's house. Big flat screen and stadium seating for eight. Good times.

nath981 03-01-2010 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ (Post 255757)
Nah, mine said Silverstone, too, but it was really Phillip Island... cable company typo I suppose.

Good races. A few of us got together at my friend's house. Big flat screen and stadium seating for eight. Good times.

ok thanx. Hey, were so fortunate that the TV moguls even afford us any motorcycle programming whatso ever. Thank you lord. We must be second rate citizens, with two horse racing channels, golf and religious channels, cooking, stupid shit everywhere. :wtf1:

CANADAVTR 03-01-2010 05:20 PM

Great racing...Phillip Island always delivers. That turn #1 scares me sh**less, I can't imagine the balls needed to commit at that speed.
Great win by Leon Haslam (Go Brits!), I watched his dad, Ron, race all through the mid 70's and 80's and he's a bit of a Joey Dunlop in his own right...he can ride anything and make it work.
Leon's uncle, Phil Haslam, was killed late 70's in a freak race accident, but the Haslams never lost their focus...good on them!
And as for race #2, go Carlos! He's been around since Christ was a cowboy and deserves a win...and on a non-factory bike!

8541Hawk 03-01-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by CANADAVTR (Post 255768)
Great racing...Phillip Island always delivers. That turn #1 scares me sh**less, I can't imagine the balls needed to commit at that speed.
Great win by Leon Haslam (Go Brits!), I watched his dad, Ron, race all through the mid 70's and 80's and he's a bit of a Joey Dunlop in his own right...he can ride anything and make it work.
Leon's uncle, Phil Haslam, was killed late 70's in a freak race accident, but the Haslams never lost their focus...good on them!
And as for race #2, go Carlos! He's been around since Christ was a cowboy and deserves a win...and on a non-factory bike!

All good but a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet.....

CANADAVTR 03-01-2010 05:41 PM

Ooops! Hadn't considered that...sorry Hawk....

8541Hawk 03-01-2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by CANADAVTR (Post 255773)
Ooops! Hadn't considered that...sorry Hawk....

Hey don't worry about me, I watched them Sun......

skoshere 03-01-2010 07:42 PM

that first race was too close to call! so much for the crappy speed channel HD though... it is weak at best.

trackdayhawk 03-01-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by skoshere (Post 255781)
that first race was too close to call! so much for the crappy speed channel HD though... it is weak at best.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the races, blurry and out of focus much of the time. The lowest rung auto races, seem to use better video feeds than we saw yesterday.

VTRsurfer 03-01-2010 08:55 PM

I was watching Hockey! (see "O Canada" thread) But I checked out a few minutes between periods.

Not a good start of the season for Roger Lee.:(

VTRsurfer 03-01-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by trackdayhawk (Post 255784)
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the races, blurry and out of focus much of the time. The lowest rung auto races, seem to use better video feeds than we saw yesterday.

Me too. Going from The Gold Medal Game on NBC HD to Speed HD, the fuzzyness was really apparent. I even switched to regular (not HD) Speed Channel, and there wasn't a noticeable difference.

nath981 03-01-2010 09:06 PM

and wouldn't it be nice to have a couple hours coverage to interview riders and others about the bikes, tires engines,riding styles, etc., instead of just stupid bs-ing through the race. And how bout some slow motion shot of passes, lean angle, turns, wrecks. Piss poor coverage IMO. We're being summarily starved for chris sakes. :mad::mad: