Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

Assen TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:58 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Assen TT

The Dutch round of MotoGP the TT at Assen has run already, hope you had your DVR programed, it was on a 5am PST. Youmight have wait until it replays on Tuesday.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Squid

merckid is on a distinguished road
lets just say i turned it off after what happened at turn 1. saw no reason to watch it after that
Old 06-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Back Marker

Tebs is on a distinguished road
I kinda agree

However, if I did hear correctly, Crutchlow has a contract (or possible) contract for Ducati next year?? Although Stoner is leaving the sport (which wont last more than a season anyway) I dont remember Rossi saying he was retiring at the end of the season ,so, what does that mean for Mr. Hayden? Hmmm......
Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tebs
However, if I did hear correctly, Crutchlow has a contract (or possible) contract for Ducati next year?? Although Stoner is leaving the sport (which wont last more than a season anyway) I dont remember Rossi saying he was retiring at the end of the season ,so, what does that mean for Mr. Hayden? Hmmm......
Stoner's gone after season, not sure if he'll come back, he doesn't seem to be the Brett Favre type

Rossi said he's committed for another 2 yrs (I think). While I'm partial to da Americano riders, Spies is getting better but not there yet, Nicky seems to ride well in 1st half of races but than falls back, but is in top 8 usually every race.

Its Team Repsol & Jorge (except for 1st turn today)

Just wish there was more battling like last race. SBK (sometimes) & AMA is better due to closer action.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
I truly don't think Stoner will be back.

As for Ducati..... Well Rossi's contract is up this year so Hayden might still be there and possibly Val back to Honda, as you know he wants to win another title in the 2 years he stated he will still race....

So many possibilities....
Old 06-30-2012, 01:34 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Cool

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
I truly don't think Stoner will be back.

As for Ducati..... Well Rossi's contract is up this year so Hayden might still be there and possibly Val back to Honda, as you know he wants to win another title in the 2 years he stated he will still race....

So many possibilities....
I'll throw out another one, if you looked at Soup last week and I think MotoMatters.com there is word that Honda is going to sell production versions of the factory bike starting as early as next year. Look for rider's that are struggling for contracts to opt to buy these (not lease) for somewhere around 1 million euros. The rumor is Rossi may run his own team.

I think it's an admission that the crt's aren't working and they need to fill the grid with real MotoGP bikes. There is apparently some horse trading on ECU's and rev limits as Honda's price to produce the bikes. It was the head of HRC that made the comments!

Look at www.SuperbikePlanet.com for 6/22 to see for yourself. or www.motomatters.com

Last edited by HRCA#1; 06-30-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:33 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by merckid
lets just say i turned it off after what happened at turn 1. saw no reason to watch it after that
Um, why? There was still a lot of racing left. Because I'm not a Loren-toe fan , I saw the opportunity to even up the points, which is exactly what happened. Who wants to see 1 guy dominate???
Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Squid

usaabn is on a distinguished road
Silly season is going strong....And Honda is in the middle. I think Rossi will be back with Honda. The big catch is that I think he will ride the Grecini Honda. I think the connection between Rossi and Simoncelli is the bridge. I would not be surprised to see some sort of tribute. This arrangement allows both to save face a bit. Rossi did burn a few bridges prior to leaving Honda.

The Ducati team will really hate seeing Rossi win on the Honda.

Its just a thought....

usaabn