SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/)
-   -   Assen TT (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/racing-33/assen-tt-28679/)

HRCA#1 06-30-2012 06:58 AM

Assen TT

The Dutch round of MotoGP the TT at Assen has run already, hope you had your DVR programed, it was on a 5am PST. Youmight have wait until it replays on Tuesday.

merckid 06-30-2012 07:17 AM

lets just say i turned it off after what happened at turn 1. saw no reason to watch it after that

Tebs 06-30-2012 07:44 AM

I kinda agree

However, if I did hear correctly, Crutchlow has a contract (or possible) contract for Ducati next year?? Although Stoner is leaving the sport (which wont last more than a season anyway) I dont remember Rossi saying he was retiring at the end of the season ,so, what does that mean for Mr. Hayden? Hmmm......

nnjhawk02 06-30-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tebs (Post 336761)
However, if I did hear correctly, Crutchlow has a contract (or possible) contract for Ducati next year?? Although Stoner is leaving the sport (which wont last more than a season anyway) I dont remember Rossi saying he was retiring at the end of the season ,so, what does that mean for Mr. Hayden? Hmmm......

Stoner's gone after season, not sure if he'll come back, he doesn't seem to be the Brett Favre type :lol:

Rossi said he's committed for another 2 yrs (I think). While I'm partial to da Americano riders, Spies is getting better but not there yet, Nicky seems to ride well in 1st half of races but than falls back, but is in top 8 usually every race.

Its Team Repsol & Jorge (except for 1st turn today)

Just wish there was more battling like last race. SBK (sometimes) & AMA is better due to closer action.

8541Hawk 06-30-2012 10:07 AM

I truly don't think Stoner will be back.

As for Ducati..... Well Rossi's contract is up this year so Hayden might still be there and possibly Val back to Honda, as you know he wants to win another title in the 2 years he stated he will still race....

So many possibilities....

HRCA#1 06-30-2012 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 336774)
I truly don't think Stoner will be back.

As for Ducati..... Well Rossi's contract is up this year so Hayden might still be there and possibly Val back to Honda, as you know he wants to win another title in the 2 years he stated he will still race....

So many possibilities....

I'll throw out another one, if you looked at Soup last week and I think MotoMatters.com there is word that Honda is going to sell production versions of the factory bike starting as early as next year. Look for rider's that are struggling for contracts to opt to buy these (not lease) for somewhere around 1 million euros. The rumor is Rossi may run his own team.

I think it's an admission that the crt's aren't working and they need to fill the grid with real MotoGP bikes. There is apparently some horse trading on ECU's and rev limits as Honda's price to produce the bikes. It was the head of HRC that made the comments!

Look at www.SuperbikePlanet.com for 6/22 to see for yourself. or www.motomatters.com

Wolverine 06-30-2012 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by merckid (Post 336758)
lets just say i turned it off after what happened at turn 1. saw no reason to watch it after that

Um, why? There was still a lot of racing left. Because I'm not a Loren-toe fan :), I saw the opportunity to even up the points, which is exactly what happened. Who wants to see 1 guy dominate???

usaabn 07-09-2012 01:16 PM

Silly season is going strong....And Honda is in the middle. I think Rossi will be back with Honda. The big catch is that I think he will ride the Grecini Honda. I think the connection between Rossi and Simoncelli is the bridge. I would not be surprised to see some sort of tribute. This arrangement allows both to save face a bit. Rossi did burn a few bridges prior to leaving Honda.

The Ducati team will really hate seeing Rossi win on the Honda.

Its just a thought....

usaabn