Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Wiring Plan for my "only track" VTR1000F

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:19 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
I'll check if you have an AC signal from the ICU to the converter box, if you have the tools.
Or you can test the converter box by scratching (grounding and lifting) the signal wires on the frame, this trigger a bundle of sparks that you can hear cracking even with the plugs on the engine, it would at least split the system in two. You can hook up an alligator clip on the connector and just scratch it, while the converter is powered.
For the tach I was wondering if it was hooked to some RPM gauge, you should see it cranking.
Both coils need to be bolted solidly to the frame

Last edited by gboezio; 01-04-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Back Marker

Rama is on a distinguished road
I hav'nt the tools, but whit my multimeter i can't measure any voltage... i read ever 0,00V out of converter unit.....
Old 01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

At least try scratching the signal wires of the converter, you should get saprks
Old 01-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Back Marker

You mean the cable from ICM to Converter Unit?

Out of C.U. I hav'nt voltage...
Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Yes just scratch the wire that goes to the converter removed from the ICU to the frame, it will trigger multiple sparks , or ground and lift, it will make single sparks, if so the converter, coils are working.
One possible thing is that in the rewiring process, you may have inverted the two yellow wires from the pulse generator, this will cause problem, otherwise, I followed the the light green and gr/white wires and I come to the conclusion that they should be grounded as stated before, had to verify to make sure.
Most unlikely, but not out of possibility is that without flywheel the compression is varying the RPM by a wide margin and some pulses may be rejected, cranking without plugs should confirm this, but it has been ran before without flywheel and worked fine.
If it has quitted working, maybe a wire had gone bad.Carefully check the 12V, 3 grounds and pulse gen wires, it should fire without TPS, CTS.
If all fails, get a bottle of wine and find a freind with an ocilloscope
Old 01-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Back Marker

you mean to search the signal in these wires? (inside the red square)

Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Yes, just remove the ICU connector, put a jumper wire on these wires and scratch the frame or any ground, you should see and hear sparks if the converter and coils work, or if you prefer to use a multimeter, you could get AC voltage between the 12V battery lead and those wires while cranking. Doing this will at least take half the system out of questionning

Is it possible that the yellow and yellow/white from the crank sensor(pulse generator) are reversed during the wiring

And last, are the coils bolted to the frame ?? It's the return path of the spark

Last edited by gboezio; 01-06-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Back Marker

I think out of these wires, I should have a 12v signal, and out of converter unit, a AC signal... you do not think?

The wires of pulse generatore are not inverted... and the coils are bolted to the frame.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:08 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Rama
I think out of these wires, I should have a 12v signal, and out of converter unit, a AC signal... you do not think?
These wires are grounds, the ICU is applying a ground and lift it to trigger the spark, it trigger the Converter in the same manner as the converter triggers the coils. So it should give some AC volts to a 12V lead, but to ground it will give 0 V since it's a ground
I know this for sure since it's the way I have installed Microsquirt on the converter
Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Squid

Janis Vilcans is on a distinguished road
I need some help from you

is possible show one of connector with big photo?( I need to know where goes wich color of wire) or write colors of pins one by one

it is 6 pin conector who connects invertor unit.
(123)
(456)
pin positions

My situation is that : I know 1 blue yelow 2 emty (puled out from conector)3 emty (puled out from conector) 4 emty (puled out from conector ) 5 black yelow 6 black blue
I need to know wich pin is black white , green and yelow with smal blue.