Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Track day test of recent mods.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Squid

ride57 is on a distinguished road
Track day test of recent mods.

Well, since Ive done my mods, ( Moriwaki cams, RaceTech springs/goldvalves, Dynojet kit with long/long intakes and FactoryPro star shift kit)

I had a NESBA track day today and by my seat o’ the pants dyno. I gained 4.7953874HP and shaved .00857463542 seconds off of my lap time.

Actually, since I haven’t dyno’ed, I (before or after) I don’t know what increase I have. I think there is a little, but how much I don’t know. So, for the cams and dynojet I cant really say, but I think there is a little. As for the long/long intakes, It felt like the rear was breaking loose a couple of times in 2nd gear corners and pegging the throttle out of the corner, starting from 2k ~3k(?) rpms. (I don’t know for sure, as I was leaned out with my head by the mirror and not watching the tach)

The guy that is usually there, GP Suspension, was at Portland today so there was nobody to set the suspension up. I had it set to stock settings of 4 lines showing and right in the middle of the rebound adjustment. It sort of felt stiff, so the next session I increased preload by 1 line and that really felt still. I then put it on 5 lines(less) and it felt better, the last session I had it on 6 lines and I felt that that was a little better that 5 lines. I really need to get it set up properly though.

As for the Factory Pro Star shifter, that rocks! There were times that if I got the right rpm shift points it felt like a automatic transmission. I wound it out, a little upward pressure on the shifter and just flicked the throttle just to barely decrease the rpms for just a fraction of a sec and it slipped smoothly up to the next gear. That was a mod well worth the money (IMHO)

Anyway, track day’s rock
Old 07-14-2007, 08:52 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
a dyno run to look at the a/f mixture would be well worth the money !

i too love track days, i do get to do the mid-da race tomorrow at PIR - i'll tell GP to get back home & set you up.

tim