Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Took the "shithawk" to the dyno today....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 01:30 PM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
Took the "shithawk" to the dyno today....

And it's a strong running Superhawk compared to the others I've dynoed before. When I worked at the bike shop both mine and one other guy's SH who worked there both dynoed at 101. His has a full system, I think Jardene, and mine just had Remus slip ons.

Well mine dynoed at 110 today! I'm extremely pleased! It's fairly fat so he suggested I go down one size on both the pilots and mains but leave the needles where they are at. So I think I'm going to try that.

There is another dyno day next weekend just up the street from where this one was so I'm going to try to make the changes and see if I can get another pony or two out of it!

I find it hilarous the idiot that I bought the bike from had so many problems with it and come to find out the problem was him not the bike. He called it a "shithawk" but now that I've got most of what he's done to it fixed it seems to be a good strong running bike!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Slacker
Superstock
Superstock

BeerHunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Could you post the graph for comparison?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Superstock
Superstock

wyldryce is on a distinguished road
You gonna be running it on the same dyno or at least the same model? I wonder what you'll really be able to tell in comparison otherwise, though I suppose if the graph changes a lot, that's informative. I know we're at sea level and all, and mine definitely runs fat as well, but I guess I would be leery of changing both mains and pilots at once before the dyno run, as it breaks the "change only one part of the equation at a time" rule. Of course, dyno time doesn't grow on trees either, so I understand