General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

went riding today up to the buffalo farm and took some pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:00 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
went riding today up to the buffalo farm and took some pics

the buffalo weren't around but I was just in time for the sunset. Sadly I didn't have a tripod so I did what I could.... I froze my nuts off riding there. FU mother nature! It was 70 like 2 days ago :thumbdown:

Old 12-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EngineNoO9
My favorite picture.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 PM
SuperBike

aw noone else likes
Old 12-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Superstock

Scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
no were all to busy trying to get pics of our own.....haha
Old 12-04-2006, 02:11 AM
SuperBike

here's that one pic edited slightly
Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Nice pictures, #9! I think everybody is busy with this weather. Downed trees, snow up to your *** - which is now froze off - cold even here in the South! It was 26F this morning when I got to the office. High yesterday was 47F. Wierd stuff tho - the dog water bowl wasn't frozen. Maybe the ground has't had time to cool enough although this has been going on for three days now. We were supposed to have 1 night below freezing - oops - we've had three in a row. The cold is to start loosening her grip today - two days of relief then right back into it when this latest chapter comes to us from up there where Dave Wicks is. Dave? Can ya do something about this? Down here we're used to prayin' for rain! Where do you live that you see buffalo, #9? I remember seeing them in western South Dakota when I was a kid. I have relatives in that part of the world. Great animals. I worked with a guy at Scandia that raised beefalo. 1/4 buffalo - 3/4 cow. Buffalo intake - beef quality meat. I've been trying to ride when I can - even if only for an hour or two to shake out some winter gear myself. And yes, some of this stuff breathes alot more than others. I have had to retreat back to the casa to put on more clothes under my leathers twice. UPS was just here and it appears that my long underwear wind-blockers from Fieldsheer (MC Closeouts) have just arrived. **** - too big! I'm gonna try 'em anyway. I'm gonna wear the holiest gear I got and see it works. 1030 hours - 40F Hehehe - we'll see about this one! BTW anybody want a deal on some used underwear?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 AM
SuperBike

I live in Newark, DE (North East corner bordering MD and PA). There's a buffalo farm about 20 miles north. Apparently the meat is real good or something. I'm not sure exactly what they use it for but it's a fun ride there and we've seen lil baby buffalo running around up there before which is pretty cool
Old 12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Pics #9, my favorite was the same as Marms. I used to live a few miles from a buffalo farm in CT. came face to face with one in the trails on my YZ. Those are some BIG animals!!! I never expected to see one in the woods, we both looked at each other and promptely turned and went the other way. The farm I was near made what they called beefalo mixed buffalo and beef supposed to be lower fat higher protein and taste really good but I never tried it.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:36 PM
MotoGP

Another footnote about buffalo is that they will forage for food and eat vegetation that cows won't touch. They will use their feet to dig through the snow to find stuff to eat whereas cows wait for the choppers carrying hay. My colleague at Scandia even describes them as playful. He was in the field with one scratching it's head and it nudged him with its head and broke three ribs. 22 is right that the meat is just as good as beef and better for you. On a further note, if the Fieldsheer Windstopper underwear goes on sale - don't! It doesn't work. It might be thinner but it's really no better than long johns with layers on the upper body.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:45 PM
SuperBike

I'm gonna invest in some heated gear...
Old 12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
MotoGP

I hear the heated gear thing! Just wait until this front makes it to the east coast. This has been a pain in the *** and it's not that bad in Texas. The rest of the west and central USA has had it tough! A guy on the VFR site removed all his lamps from his instrument panel - changed out everything he could on his bike to LED's so he could plug his underwear into the bike for power without overloading the charge circuit. I thought that was pretty ingenious!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
SuperBike

oh we already have it. I'm used to the cold weather but my new gloves really aren't suited at all for winter (have good vents for circulation but that's murder in the cold)