Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Thoughts on Yoshimira Slip Ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98
Thoughts on Yoshimira Slip Ons

Just wondering what people have to say about Yoshimira slip-ons. Especiallt those with the zyclone inserts.

By the way, how much extra do the zyclone inserts cost anyways?
Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got just those slip-ons in titanium skin. Love 'em. Loud enough to hear but quiet enough to live with. At highway cruise you can just barely hear them. Unless you get on it. Heh heh. Deep throaty sound with almost no crackle or edgeiness to them. On Greg's Honda Literbike page, http://home.nycap.rr.com/ghlbo/index.html he has some sound clips on the bafflelectomy page. I'd say the yoshi's are a little queiter than a full bafflelectomy, louder than 8 holes drilled but with none of that metallic tinney sound. Very sweet. I've got a friend who's an old school Biker and rides a Low Rider with drag pipes; he was impressed with my bike's sound when we rode together with the Yoshi's. I couldn't hear mine if I was following him but side by side I could. Hope this helps.
Oh, I bought mine used so I have no idea of price difference with the Zyclone inserts.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Squid

superbird is on a distinguished road
I liked the sound of them so much I ordered a pair. They're in the UPS truck right now some place between New Jersey and California. I got them through exoticsportbike.com for $679 in titanium. Price was comparable to other places, they took a week to ship them out though. I tried Jardines before this and they were too loud for me. I put a Jardine inch and three quarter " Quiet Core" insert into my bafflectomized stock cans for the helluvit and got a cool sounding system but still a little "raw" sounding. Kneedraggers.com has the Yosh cans for the same price I paid and claim to ship them in 1 to 3 days. Hope any of this helps.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98
Yeah, it helps! I want something that sounds deeper and a tad louder than stocks but I dont want the kids to get scared when I rid by or the town to wake up when I ride out early in te morning.

Believe it or not, I was contemplating the jardines (Hhigh mount) until I heard the yoshi slip-ons on a gsxr I rode with one day. I know they should sound different on te s-hawk but I started to look at them because of that.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Squid

Windchill is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Yoshi's

When you get these, I'd like to hear them. I'm in Roanoke and can ride up or down to your location. WC
Old 06-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Superstock

denmah
i had some really nice yoshi carbons on my hawk, they sounded great, not too loud not too quiet.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:23 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
I like my Microns for the same reason, deeper sound without being excessively loud.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Back Marker

altosuperhawk is on a distinguished road
When I ordered my Yosh RS-3 titanium slip-ons I was told they would have the straight through "comp" baffles that I wanted. Naturally I received them in "Zyclone" configuration. Vendor sent me the correct baffles, rivets, and new muffler packing materiel to make it right. "Zyclone" baffles were too close to stock decibel level and offered little, if any, performance increase. I'd save my money and do the stock muffler mod before installing the "Zyclone" baffled system.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Squid

westcoast is on a distinguished road
I personally havent heard the yosh's, but ive got staintune high mounts on my hawk. They sound awesome and they have a removeable noise restricter. Plus no polishing needed. They are cromed. I will try and post a pic of them for you to look at.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Back Marker

fundgh is on a distinguished road
I have the Yosh RS-3 Stainless low mounts, and I think they sound fantastic. They are not annoying, but have a good deep punch/pop to them. I really can't compare though, because I have never heard anything else.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Back Marker

Chitownson is on a distinguished road
I have the Yosh RS-3's and they sound great - not too loud to the rider but great when you get on the throttle. Only thing I don't like that can't really be avoided is when you get into the really high RPM's occasionally, it loses some of it's baritone sound and sounds more japanese.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Squid

westcoast is on a distinguished road
Hey fundgh, I bought my hawk from clawson motorsports there in Fresno.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Squid

VoodooDog is on a distinguished road
i liked the yosh when i heard them but they don't come in high-mount, which is what i really wanted. went with TBR instead.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

I sold my titanium Yoshi's to "Bird" a couple of months ago, putting black Jardine hi-mounts on in their place. The Yoshi's looked great, but were a bit quiet for my taste...the Jardines are slightly louder, with a deeper note. I ride with some Harley guys, and my bike always got "drowned" in the sound of their Screamin' Eagle pipes. I think the Jardines make a little more midrange (snappier), but are ever so slightly heavier.
I kept my passenger pegs (a must for me), but had to integrate my rear turn signals...I have a Ventura rack and fender eliminator installed (by former owner).
Old 07-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Squid

SORDID is on a distinguished road
Scorpions are my Poison