Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Synchronizing Carbs after rejetting

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Squid

collectiv
Synchronizing Carbs after rejetting

Hello,

I believe that Honda recommends synchronizing the carbs every 6 months. My question is that if you install a jet kit, should you synchronize them. I know that to syncrhronize them, you have to @ some point turn the fuel mixture screw on one of them. But....isn't that one of the steps you have to do also while jetting to make it run smoother? Wouldn't doing this during the synchronizing of the carbs kinda affect the jetting again?

I maybe totally off but......I could use some feedback,

Eddie
Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Synchronizing Carbs after rejetting

Originally Posted by collectiv";p=&quot
My question is that if you install a jet kit, should you synchronize them.
Yes
Sync'ing is balancing of the two carbs. You have two huge carbs that are sucking down air and fuel, they need to pull in the same amount. Otherwise one cyl is getting a different amount than the other.

After you put in a jet kit you need to sync the casrbs. Otherwise you arn't getting the most for your $, and the best performance.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:41 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
basically everytime you mess with the carbs (other then adjusting idle) you should re-synch... I haven't yet... but probably should
Old 03-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Squid

collectiv

so by synchronizing the carbs after rejetting, you essentially have to adjust the same fuel mixture screw which you used to smooth'n out the ride after re-jetting right? With that said, wouldn't that mess up the jetting adjustment by doing this?

I'm not sure if i'm saying it correctly or not, LOL.

Eddie
Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Squid

collectiv

ahaha, disregard my previous post, i actually checked the manual and it isn't the fuel mixture screw that you adjust when syncrhronizing the carbs. My bad.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Squid

xxxrated

have fun balancing the carbs unless you have hands the size of a new born baby, is about as much fun as sticking hot needles in your eyes
Old 03-27-2006, 08:15 AM
SuperSport

Loco
Syncing the carbs does NOT use that air-fuel mixture adjustment **** that's on the bottom of the carb bowls. That **** is used to seat your needles when you re-jet. The carb-synching screw is the one attached to the exchange rod that runs between the carbs. It would be literally impossible to reach that misture adjustment screw with the bike running, so don't worry about that one. I believe it is a #7 socket that requires a universal joint and an extension on your socket wrench. The hardest part, actually, is attaching the vacuum tubes.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Squid

xxxrated

thats the part im on about, found a way round the rear vacuum hose but the front is beyond a mission
Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Attaching the vacuum tubes isn't that difficult if you leave the brass 'nipple' installed on the front cylinder, and run a short tube out and plug it. Hell with that install nipple/balance/reinstall plug BS... I also installed a T fitting in the line off the rear port, so all I've got to do is uncap and hook up the gauges!