Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

So I guess I will be the Guinea pig

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
So I guess I will be the Guinea pig

I went a head and purchased a set of adjustable rear sets from Danmoto today, should be here with in 10 or so days. Once I get them I will take detail pictures of them, and how to install, I will also give a full review of how they feel how they are made and if there are any improvements that can be made to help the flaws (if any).

I figured $168 shipped to my door, not too bad for fully adjustable rear sets.

Last edited by sailorjerry; 08-02-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Did you buy them just to change the OEM ones, or did you really wish to
have the adjustment factor ?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
I wish the heal guards were larger, I wish the brake lever was a little farther out so I didn't have to **** my foot funny to find it, but otherwise I feel the footpegs are in the absolute perfect position. I'm still interested to hear your feedback though
Old 08-02-2013, 10:57 AM
SuperSport

A little bit of both, I drag the feelers and the toe of my boots quite a bit in the stock position, I have long legs so when I'm tucked in my knees are too high to get a good position on the bike. Over all I do like the position of the stock rear sets for comfort (for the most part) but I wanted to switch it up a bit and test something different, especially for the price. Worst case if they are good for track days and hard around town, twisties and suck I'll keep them on and when I ride on a 300-400+ mile trip I'll just switch back to the stock ones.

From the first glance I do agree that the heal guard could be a bit larger but nothing a little fab work can't take care of. Any mods I do to them I will post detailed descriptions and pictures of.

As for adjustability I wont know till they are on, I have always either had stock sets, or fixed sets on the bikes I have owned so this will be a first time having ajustable rear sets on a bike.

Last edited by sailorjerry; 08-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
My reason for asking, I'm long legged also, and not always comfy on the bike. If these work out for you, I'd be interested in your feedback, and will consider ordering them if they work out for you.

Thanks for keeping us posted....
Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Jack Flash
My reason for asking, I'm long legged also, and not always comfy on the bike. If these work out for you, I'd be interested in your feedback, and will consider ordering them if they work out for you.

Thanks for keeping us posted....

For sure, at least I'm not the only one in this boat, as soon as I get them Y'all will be the second (first being me) to know!

Last edited by sailorjerry; 08-02-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
For me comfort wise, the stock set up is low and forward. But then I prefer the clip ons rotated forward which lowers my torso and makes the feet feel to far forward. Ill be interested to read your review. I'm riding on road2's and havent touch pegs down, but chicken strips are gone. Must have something to do with tire profile.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by jerryh
For me comfort wise, the stock set up is low and forward. But then I prefer the clip ons rotated forward which lowers my torso and makes the feet feel to far forward. Ill be interested to read your review. I'm riding on road2's and havent touch pegs down, but chicken strips are gone. Must have something to do with tire profile.
I'm running pilot power 2ct's and haven't run a different tire on the bike, so that could be a good possibility. I guess when they come in thought that's when this thread will really get going, hopefully my forks and new shock are back from Jamie before they come in!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:41 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hey insulinboy, not for nothin, but all the gear all the time refers to all the time riding, not ALL the time at home & at leisure, as I can see in your avitar. You took it too literally.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:46 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Hey insulinboy, not for nothin, but all the gear all the time refers to all the time riding, not ALL the time at home & at leisure, as I can see in your avitar. You took it too literally.

You're one to talk looks like you're just taking a leisurely stole in your avatar
Old 08-02-2013, 06:48 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sailorjerry
I'm running pilot power 2ct's and haven't run a different tire on the bike, so that could be a good possibility. I guess when they come in thought that's when this thread will really get going, hopefully my forks and new shock are back from Jamie before they come in!
Cool, just watch for crumbs on the pavement!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:07 PM
MotoGP

Hey, I am ON the bike, and all the gear. I mean I DO wear the whole getup while watching racing on tv but I'm not using that as my avitar.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 PM
SuperSport

Well everyone should do that! It makes you feel as if you're one with the race persay.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:39 AM
SuperSport

So I just got my tracking information from Danmoto. There is only one problem, I can't read Chinese!!! Haha
Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
LOL Now that's funny. Looking forward to getting you thoughts on these.

(:-})
Old 08-03-2013, 12:10 PM
SuperSport

I figured a lot of people would be interested on some feedback since they are new to the market and 1/2 the price of any other companies.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
Ha ha you funny guy you. I was about to hop on my bike and head to work when the picture was taken :-p

Besides it could be worse.. this is an old pic of me going for a ride on my YZF in NY

Last edited by insulinboy; 08-03-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Back Marker

msethhunter is on a distinguished road
AWE MAN! Freakin sweet. I asked these guys in an email months ago if they were going to make any and they said there was no market for them. I'm all over this! Guess it's finally time to start putting my bike back together.

Last edited by msethhunter; 08-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
SuperSport

Well after finally figuring out how to get the tracking information shown in English instead of Chinese I figured out that EMS nor USPS was showing nothing for tracking information so I emailed Danmoto and asked what the deal is, still waiting for a response.

By the way, for anyone who has tried to look them up on the US site, they aren't listed. Only availble through the International Site.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
By the way, for anyone who has tried to look them up on the US site, they aren't listed. Only availble through the International Site.
Honda VTR 1000 F Firestorm Rearsets Black [FR-00065] - $128.00

Really...

Thats the US site, and that is the rear set in question yes?

I ran the purchase process all the way to my paypal account.. so it seems to work just fine.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by msethhunter
AWE MAN! Freakin sweet. I asked these guys in an email months ago if they were going to make any and they said there was no market for them. I'm all over this! Guess it's finally time to start putting my bike back together.

That sounds familiar.. Same thing they just told me aboutHigh mount link pipes or systems. …… I would think a high mount exhaust systemwould be a larger market share then rear sets for that same bike.

…. But maybe not as I bet a bunch of the rear set parts arecommon from one application to another.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Honda VTR 1000 F Firestorm Rearsets Black [FR-00065] - $128.00

Really...

Thats the US site, and that is the rear set in question yes?

I ran the purchase process all the way to my paypal account.. so it seems to work just fine.

Really.... No, recheck yourself

That is the International sight you are looking at, pull up the link you posted and read the URL on top, it says dan-moto.com/DM_INT
the US site is dan-moto.com/DM_US

Honda : Danmoto

That is all the rear sets availble through the US site. Price wise they would come out the same because the US site has free shipping but they still aren't listed on it yet. Plus you wouldn't have a 1 1/2 week delivery time at minimum.

Last edited by sailorjerry; 08-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:01 PM
SuperSport

Also, I have to ask Erik. Are all of you guys just checking to see if I am paying attention to what I am talking about cause I made 2 mistakes in 3 days? (The first one wasn't my fault, Damn Austrailians!)
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Really.... No, recheck yourself

That is the International sight you are looking at, pull up the link youposted and read the URL on top, it says dan-moto.com/DM_INT

the US site is dan-moto.com/DM_US

Honda : Danmoto

That is all the rear sets availble through the US site. Price wise theywould come out the same because the US site has free shipping but they stillaren't listed on it yet. Plus you wouldn't have a 1 1/2 week delivery time atminimum.

Hmm, ok got ya...

I'd bet the wait will be the same from either site..... as Id guess theproduct is still coming from overseas no matter what site it's ordered from.

Interesting ... my return email sent to the danmoto contact .. came back in English,context and tone as I would expect from a native English speaker.

Let us know how it works for you...
Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 PM
SuperSport

Hmm, ok got ya...

I'd bet the wait will be the same from either site..... as Id guess theproduct is still coming from overseas no matter what site it's ordered from.

Interesting ... my return email sent to the danmoto contact .. came back in English,context and tone as I would expect from a native English speaker.

Most likely.

That's why I threw in that side note though for people looking into them cause I saw them on the orignal eBay posting on here but couldn't find them straight from danmoto (US) then checked the International site and they were there.

Let us know how it works for you...

That's what I'm here for. As soon as they make it in I will start posting pictures and fab work to them(if needed) and then when my forks and F4 shock get back from Jamie I will let everyone know how they feel, ride, position, adjustablilty, ect.....
Old 08-05-2013, 01:51 PM
MotoGP

I dont know, I have been ordering a ton of stuff from China and its been coming faster each time. Even beating some stuff ordered from crappy US places on the same day.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:07 PM
SuperSport

I dont know, I have been ordering a ton of stuff from China and its been coming faster each time. Even beating some stuff ordered from crappy US places on the same day.

Hopfully that how it goes for me, usually I don't have such luck.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
I'm new to the DANMOTO site, and a little confused why all the international prices are in US dollars, and are cheaper than prices for the same thing on the US site.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FTL900
I'm new to the DANMOTO site, and a little confused why all the international prices are in US dollars, and are cheaper than prices for the same thing on the US site.
US site is free shipping... International is shipping on top of the listed price...

And why it's in USD? You're kidding right? You try listing every known currency and keep it updated as they swing... You pick one, and depending on market it's either USD or EUR...
Old 08-05-2013, 10:12 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by FTL900
+1

Or you could also read all the post's thus far, considering I have already explained that in them....

Quick Reply: So I guess I will be the Guinea pig