Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Silencers

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 09:22 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: Silencers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :P
Old 09-05-2005, 07:18 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
welcome to the board! Not to be a dick but look around on this site & you'll find tons of info that will help you out. Its pretty much the same questions every newbie asks. Its been answered to death here.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:25 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
two brothers claims that their exhaust sustem doesn't need any rejetting.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
frank, you are in luck! someone is selling a set of the sweetest pipes avilable for the superhawk. see this thread: https://www.superhawkforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1534
Old 09-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Back Marker

HotStreetVTR
Re: Silencers

I'm by no means a mechanic, but it seems to me--based upon my pain-in-the-neck-experience with re-jetting and fluctuating ambient temperatures--that "nice-sounding" and re-jetting are often indirectly proportional, that you most likely won't be able to get one without resorting to the other.

Because the throatier-sounding cans move more air, they also require re-jetting of the carbs, so the bike doesn't run rough and tend to stall. Even so, the VTR is worth the investment in re-jetting: It sounds so darned cool with an aggressive-sounding set of cans installed.

Also, with very aggressive-sounding cans installed, with a quick flick of the wrist, you can frighten away annoying little dogs or squirrels. (True story: D&D's meet frantically-chasing little poodle; with a flick of the wrist on my part, the D&D's win...scared the be-Jesus out of the little poodle, and he hauled-*** the other way).

cheers,
--HotStreetVTR