Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Rejetted/Pair removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Back Marker

hawkman996 is on a distinguished road
Rejetted/Pair removal

I disabled the pair valves and removed all the hoses since I had everything apart to rejet and do a service. I didn't use a jet kit I just shimmed the needles and took the 178 from the rear and put it in the front. For the rear I bumped it up to a 180. I took her for a ride and she pulls the front end nicely now....actually surprised me because most people I see use bigger mains. Now my jardines and bmc combination are working the way the should have when I installed them.

Now I cannot wait for my racetech springs and gold valves to come in to redo the forks. Also ordered some gilles rearsets from oppracing. Up next is an ohlins shock.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Ohlins shock... mmmm tasty. Since your obviously into spending money you should do an RC51 front end conversion, ditch the stock legs and buy the Ohlins legs.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:20 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

gboezio is on a distinguished road
You will love the RT springs, day and night for me.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Back Marker

hawkman996 is on a distinguished road
I thought about doing a frt end conversion but I don't want to have the bike down for too long or deal with searching for parts and making sure I don't get hosed.....I've had bad luck lately. I don't like spending money, basically I don't have enough of it to spend, but I've had the bike for 5 years and I just put an exhaust on it this X-mas after wanting to do it since I bought the bike. The other goodies I've wanted to put on for quite a while to help out at the track....my stock frt end with 30k is shot. I thought about buying a new bike but theres nothing out, besides Ducati's $$$$, that gets my blood flowing so I decided to make the hawk into a better bike. If Honda would come out with a v-twin...RC61 anyone?.....I would be all over it. I've just never liked the inline 4's.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Squid

BLAKCK HAWK
Originally Posted by hawkman996
I disabled the pair valves and removed all the hoses since I had everything apart to rejet and do a service. I didn't use a jet kit I just shimmed the needles and took the 178 from the rear and put it in the front. For the rear I bumped it up to a 180. I took her for a ride and she pulls the front end nicely now....actually surprised me because most people I see use bigger mains. Now my jardines and bmc combination are working the way the should have when I installed them.

Now I cannot wait for my racetech springs and gold valves to come in to redo the forks. Also ordered some gilles rearsets from oppracing. Up next is an ohlins shock.
explain this "I just shimmed the needles and took the 178 from the rear and put it in the front. For the rear I bumped it up to a 180." stuff to me plz.

thanks,