SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Modifications - Performance (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/)
-   -   Rejetted/Pair removal (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-performance-29/rejetted-pair-removal-14214/)

hawkman996 03-30-2008 08:00 PM

Rejetted/Pair removal

I disabled the pair valves and removed all the hoses since I had everything apart to rejet and do a service. I didn't use a jet kit I just shimmed the needles and took the 178 from the rear and put it in the front. For the rear I bumped it up to a 180. I took her for a ride and she pulls the front end nicely now....actually surprised me because most people I see use bigger mains. Now my jardines and bmc combination are working the way the should have when I installed them.

Now I cannot wait for my racetech springs and gold valves to come in to redo the forks. Also ordered some gilles rearsets from oppracing. Up next is an ohlins shock. :D

inderocker 03-31-2008 01:04 AM

Ohlins shock... mmmm tasty. Since your obviously into spending money you should do an RC51 front end conversion, ditch the stock legs and buy the Ohlins legs. ;)

gboezio 03-31-2008 02:20 AM

You will love the RT springs, day and night for me.

hawkman996 03-31-2008 07:42 AM

I thought about doing a frt end conversion but I don't want to have the bike down for too long or deal with searching for parts and making sure I don't get hosed.....I've had bad luck lately. I don't like spending money, basically I don't have enough of it to spend, but I've had the bike for 5 years and I just put an exhaust on it this X-mas after wanting to do it since I bought the bike. The other goodies I've wanted to put on for quite a while to help out at the track....my stock frt end with 30k is shot. I thought about buying a new bike but theres nothing out, besides Ducati's $$$$, that gets my blood flowing so I decided to make the hawk into a better bike. If Honda would come out with a v-twin...RC61 anyone?.....I would be all over it. I've just never liked the inline 4's.

BLAKCK HAWK 07-15-2008 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by hawkman996 (Post 157850)
I disabled the pair valves and removed all the hoses since I had everything apart to rejet and do a service. I didn't use a jet kit I just shimmed the needles and took the 178 from the rear and put it in the front. For the rear I bumped it up to a 180. I took her for a ride and she pulls the front end nicely now....actually surprised me because most people I see use bigger mains. Now my jardines and bmc combination are working the way the should have when I installed them.

Now I cannot wait for my racetech springs and gold valves to come in to redo the forks. Also ordered some gilles rearsets from oppracing. Up next is an ohlins shock. :D

explain this "I just shimmed the needles and took the 178 from the rear and put it in the front. For the rear I bumped it up to a 180." stuff to me plz.

thanks,