Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

RECONDITION YOUR OWN CCTs EASY and CHEAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Squid

The spring man
RECONDITION YOUR OWN CCTs EASY and CHEAP

CCT Springs available from the UK

Nice quality, high grade spring steel, simple and easy to install,

Cheap enough to include in your major service of your bike, and in my opinion well worth the effort.

Approx price delivered to USA is now $50.00 per PAIR . I have shipped at a lesser cost but fees and exchange rate rip off mean minimum charge now as above, sorry about that.

Thanks Guys.

No need to send pre payment I trust people enough to ship out. I ship FIRST class post.

fitment of springs is at our own consent,
Cheers
Dave
Old 04-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Back Marker

RonVTR
Anyone here tried these? Any comments?
Old 04-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Squid

The spring man
sellin them steady here in UK, and at this money they have got to be worth a try. As you can see by the pics they are easy to install into your CCT, and at this price well worth the effort.

Dave
Old 04-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Superstock

denmah
Re: VTR 1000 Superhawk CCT Springs

mine sell well too, wanna buy mine? :wink:
Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Squid

The spring man
Okay
Old 04-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
The British are a cheerful lot, yes?

Is the Firestorm that popular on the island? A lot of people have talked about making this sort of change/modification for the Superhawk, but it just doesn't seem like there are that many interested owners (the members on this site notwithstanding).
Old 04-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Squid

The spring man
Yeh VTR1000 here is quite a popular bike, a good priced V twin to be honest, I call it a poor mans Ducatti (No Offense) prob coz i am poor hahah. Plenty of interest in springs, think its something different to all the other attempts at curing it, no cure in my opinion just good old fashioned maintainance and if you want change CCT springs during the service, hey its only an alternative to whats out there, some things done with Hawk seem a bit hap hazard.

All the best Dave
Old 04-21-2006, 06:39 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey springman, I think you need to lighten up a bit. I really don't think denmah was being serious and highly doubt he was trying to steal business from you. Just an observation but you seem to be,(how do I say this without pissing you off), a little bit confrontational. I don't know about you but we all try to have a good time on here and "share" our opinons whether they're from brain dead singing pigs or not. Just a suggestion but if your trying to make some money then there's an old saying from accross the pond, "you atract more bees with honey than vinegar". You can take or leave the advice it's a free forum anyway but if you **** everyone here off eventually they'll just stop talking to you.

I trust even an Englishmen would aggree with me on that?
Old 04-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Squid

The spring man
Hi Mike

your probably correct and i apologise for my unswerving BRITISH mindset, thats the consequence of having Blair for PM, I dont want to offend you guys, hell quite the opposite.

I have a friend in Hawaii he is American and he says just the same to me when we speak on phone,
so in a word sorry dudes.

suppose its a lot easier to be chilled when watchin babes on South Beach ??????

Me i just got old factories and slums to look at.

Later Dude

I will learn to (Chill) one day perhaps you let me know a good start point, maybe watch Miami Vice??

dave
Old 04-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Squid

The spring man
I also forgot to say sorry to denmah, hey dude no offence? probably put fingers in gear before my brain, take it easy dude.

Dave
Old 04-21-2006, 07:00 AM
MotoGP

Blair? It can't be that bad, I've got to deal with Bush and all his cronies! Miaimi Vice? This aint the 80's man! But we do have a LOT of babes here though, my suggestion heavy doses of flying circus and Benny Hill. Boy did I just date myself with those. Btw where did you get my name?
Old 04-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Squid

The spring man
Hi Mike
name in your profile.

Problem with Blair is he likes the brown stuff comin outa Shrubs ***, so we cop the crap as well, like Iraq and stuff like that, what next Iran for your man? of course we will be bringing up the rear, Yeh forgot to mention i turned 50 last month so chillin aint that easy, my 26 year old son and 34 year old daughter, and 3 grandkids think ime okay for an oldie. Bit set in my ways, some of which are like you picked up on a bit confrontational, but you get like that with age. trust me.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Squid

The spring man
Mike you MSN
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Squid

The spring man
used to like Benny Hill, circus not my thang, now like Peter Kay a bit, favourite TV probably ,,, Lost, Surface, and Supernatural, not big into TV most just hype trying to convince us we are a democracy

Dave
Old 04-21-2006, 07:26 AM
MotoGP

Right forgot about that profile thing. About the Iran thing....well somebody has got to be the world police right? I on the other hand seem to be like wine getting smoother with age but my kids are only 3 and 4.5 so give me some time. I'm sure the teen years will get me a little more gruff. Yes I do have MSN IM.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Squid

The spring man
wanna chat i promise to be nice
david.greenwood244@ntlworld.com
Old 04-21-2006, 07:30 AM
MotoGP

You don't have to be nice on my account. I would love to but I'm about to go get Frankenhawk ready for a track weekend but I'll keep it in mind for when I get back on Mon.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Squid

The spring man
Okay whatever, so just be myself and hope for the best, were you going with your Hawk? less to say ride safe go fast but safe, enjoy your weekend hope to chat, not about springs, regards to you and yours

Dave
Old 04-21-2006, 07:41 AM
MotoGP

Yep, sounds about right. I'm going to a track in north Florida called Jenningsgp, they have almost no real prep and the day only cost $125 USD. All you do is tape up your lights and take off the mirrors and then ride the hell out of your bike. Great place you can do more prep if you like but not necessary and no need for a license.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Squid

The spring man
Not sure a World Police gets my vote hahahah, we have enough control freaks to last us all a lifetime yeh????????? see infowars.net

Dave
Old 04-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Squid

The spring man
Track day sounds fun? ime gettin past it hahaa, brain signals take 30 minutes to reach hands and feet so DEATH is a very real and serious thing for me. Good hunting with your Hawk

Dave
Old 04-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Back Marker

RonVTR
Sooo... Back on topic

Dave (not to be confrontational ), but how do your springs stack up to the OEM springs? I'm reading into your post that your's are better than OEM. There are things like metalurgy, load cycles, and other things (all of which I now nothing about) at work here. How do I know yours are better? Or at least comparable.

Cheers
Ron
Old 04-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Squid

The spring man
Re: VTR 1000 Superhawk CCT Springs

Hi Ron
I like you not a metal scientist lol, however the springs like i say, are made entirely by hand. The wire used is top quality Sring drawn steel, exactly the same diameter as OE, the size of the springs are to within a few thousandths of an inch the same diameter and length.

The person /Comapny making them:

The company is small, comprised of three equal partners, they have been trading since 1978.

The Man making my springs has been a spring maker since 1963, he supplied springs to the Concorde project, he also has supplied to De Havilland aircrafts, even has made springs for machine guns in aircraft, and they are a very technical spring indeed.

So the Guy is more than qualified to make a very low tech torsional coil spring to twist a worm out in a CCT.

The truth is no springs last forever, specially the front as its such a poor location no lube to it , i am suggesting to people who prefer to keep auto CCTs that changing the springs every now and then is an alternative.

I suppose i could see Sam he is THE spring man, and get all technical re wire, and everything else but I dont think it would help, probably make matters more complicated?????

The way I see it is this, the springs are a cost effective and viable alternative to all the other options, they are easy tp install, and easy to maintain within a servicing schedule, like everything aftermarket we bolt or screw on to our babies its at our own consent.

If you buy a set it aint gonna cost a million bucks, and you could make an educated decision then, I am sure you would not be dissapointed

Thanks for your request for more info hope my reply helps, if not try MSN IM, chat more?

Dave