Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

RC51 axle questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 03:54 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
RC51 axle questions

I'm trying to fit some RC51 rims to a different swingarm on the SH. But I need to know the length of the working part of the RC axle if anyone has an RC51 axle in their possession. By working part I mean the length from just inside the lip on the one side to just where the threads start on the other side.

thanks if you can help

bill
Old 09-20-2009, 06:27 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
If I step one foot in the basement right now I'll wind up divorced... but if someone doesn't answer by tomorrow night when I get home from work. I'll dig through my stuff... I have one from an SP1.

J.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
SuperBike

thanks J. Hopefully someone will chime in who has one. on the other hand, divorce is not that bad............
Old 09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by cliby
thanks J. Hopefully someone will chime in who has one. on the other hand, divorce is not that bad............
Hey Bill....

I see all is quiet... although I saw this morning you may be going the bearing route instead... regardless... an SP1 axle is 326 mm from the inside of the flange on the left side to the very bottom of the threads.

If your thinking of making a sleeve... you might wanna just buy a rc51 axle, and have a machine shop bore it out to fit your 20mm axle... (if they can) It would be a way for you to insure the outer dia is perfect for the bearings. Plus you can then cut small bits off it until you get it to the perfect length...

And as for the divorce... shes a lawyer, so it would be bad!!!! Would probably take my bikes on spite alone!!! LOL!!

J.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
SuperBike

j
thanks a million. I posted this on a couple of rc sites as well and not one of the bastards wrote in. THIS site is the best!

Yes, I finally decided I have a set up RC wheels, I have an RC front end, so I might just as well fix the swingarm to fit the 25mm axle. the principle being its the simplest thing to change rather than changing my wheels and having to change track day wheels etc. Plus it really is easy to have the axle holes enlarged 5 mm. THe swingarm is wide though at the rear so wanted to be sure the stock axle fits and its a perfect fit.

Thanks again. will post pics when its all done, OZ wheels and all.

bill
Old 09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by cliby
j
thanks a million. I posted this on a couple of rc sites as well and not one of the bastards wrote in. THIS site is the best!

Yes, I finally decided I have a set up RC wheels, I have an RC front end, so I might just as well fix the swingarm to fit the 25mm axle. the principle being its the simplest thing to change rather than changing my wheels and having to change track day wheels etc. Plus it really is easy to have the axle holes enlarged 5 mm. THe swingarm is wide though at the rear so wanted to be sure the stock axle fits and its a perfect fit.

Thanks again. will post pics when its all done, OZ wheels and all.

bill
OZ wheels.... tasty!!!!

J.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:45 PM
SuperBike

Yeah that was part of the whole start of this. I found a great set used but near mint condition but rc51 setup. It was nearly 6 months ago if you can believe it. And I had a jmc swingarm coming from a circuitous route and no joke it was nearly a year in the works. Unbelievable - I had about given up on it. Any way can finally get it tied together.