Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Question for those using GSXR master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Back Marker

VTRumble is an unknown quantity at this point
Question for those using GSXR master cylinder

How did you mount the resevoir? It looks like it mounts to the clip-on on the Suzuki, but I don't see an easy way to mount it on the SH. I also want to double check the size, mine says 5/8 on it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Doug O.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Turn the reservoir bracket around/upside or somesuch for better clearance. The handlebar ID size is the same, 7/8 inch, so it bolts onto the clipon the same way.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Back Marker

What I don't get is that unlike the SH master cyl. the GSXR m/c has no hole to mount the res. to. From what I can find online it appears that the GSXR clip-on has a threaded hole in it for the res to mount to, instead of it mounting directly to the m/c. I was asking about the 5/8 just because I thought the 1000 m/c was 3/4" (19mm.) bore. I've attached a pic. of a newer gixxer w/ a radial m/c but it appears to mount the same (to the bar).

Doug O.
Attached Thumbnails Question for those using GSXR master cylinder-gsxr-brake.jpg  
Old 11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
MotoGP

Mount it to the upper perch bolt (8mm head), hence the "turn the bracket around/upside down" comment.

Name:  KG9K7937.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  96.8 KB
Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
Nice lookin' bar risers...SuperBling..and is that a nice looking clock in the middle I see? Yum yum...brands? links?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
WERA #44
Superstock

happytrack44 is on a distinguished road
5/8 master cylinder bore

My 95 GSXR750 6 pot brake system has a 5/8 bore MC. It is PERFECT!. I am setting up a pair of 2001 GSXR1000 6 pot calipers for my Hawk and I will be using the same 5/8 MC on it. I expect it will be good.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by redman
Nice lookin' bar risers...SuperBling..and is that a nice looking clock in the middle I see? Yum yum...brands? links?
Happens every time I post this pic........ hee-hee Like moths to a flame!

Bar risers are from Moose racing, check any bona-fide dirt bike vendor. I'm using TAG's now which are usually cheaper. Do a net search.

Clock in the middle is a clock, sort of. It's a Sigma BC800 bicycle computer; WAY, way, more accurate than the stock speedo plus it gives you an extra tripometer, highest speed, total time, and as you surmised a clock. When set up right, it's as accurate on speed as a GPS since it doesn't rely on the gearing like the stocker but rather front wheel speed.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
So how do you account for wheelies? heheh
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Back Marker

Ahhhh, it all makes sense now, thank you, now maybe I can enjoy the last few weeks of the season, gotta love New England. The pic is perfect. Thanks again.
Doug O.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
I have been using the gsxr master all I had to do was bend the oem bracket that it comes with. can get a pic if you want at work right now you will love your new brakes with the 6 piston calipers. But if you dont replace the fork springs and dampining you will not get all that it can give you. I had the springs all ready but when I sent the forks to hawkrider for valving she smothed right out and I had to learn how to ride all over again. did not have the bike slowing me down insted I was slowing the bike down.
Later have to go back to work

Stumpy
Old 11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Back Marker

Stumpy,
I should be all set. I actually don't have the GSXR bracket, but I have another m/c that i bought with a set of 6 pots, it turned out not to be gsxr, possibly not even Suzuki as the lever I had for the gsxr m/c didn't even come close to fitting. Any way it actually looks just like the SH m/c except that it's 19mm, so I may use the res. from that since it looks just like the stock one, or at least the bracket from it. Hopefully it will be done by the weekend.
Doug O.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Superstock

Killemall is on a distinguished road
Hey guys is the 01-04 GSXR 1000 M/C the only one that fits the SH? Can I use one off a 2005 bike as well?

Last edited by Killemall; 11-11-2007 at 10:10 AM.